1and1 vs REGISTERFLY vs GODADDY

Hello,

I am having a really hard time deciding between the 3 hosting providers.

1and1 lists many features and beat the other 3 in regards to how much they provide it seems. And have very competitive prices. lower then those

Godaddy has 4.95 .biz domains and very good hosting options. Cheaper then registerfly.

Registerfly i have tried and seem to like, prices not the greatest, most expensive out of these 3. Lots of options and really good service.

Can someone please help me decide between these?

Used for both hosting and domain registration.

thanks

1and1 vs REGISTERFLY vs GODADDY

Have had hosting with 1and1 and our experience was not good. To be fair the uptime with them was good but the support is terrible. You can expect replies in days from 1and1 support rather than hours!

Look at Hostgator or Hostnexus. Most of the good hosts around here post within these forums and you can always do a search using the HostQuote feature. Good luck!

anyone heard of
    midphase?
    startlogic?
    ipowerweb?
    ******?

these in comparison to godaddy/registerfly/1and1???

thanks

I'll second HostNexus. I'd also like to add www.yoohost.com
    Otherwise I can't help you with the ones you've listed.
    Intrevio.Com
    --------------
    Come join the brand new marketing community!

Looking for Moderators/Administrators!

I would consider only midPhase and GoDaddy out of the lot. Both are very professional companies that really do care about their clients.

midPhase is hosted on a great network and provides some wonderful features for web hosting. Their support wait times are generally very low, and their staff is very knowledgeable.

GoDaddy is a huge company and hosts a fair number of websites and domains. Contrary to what many other say, I have found their services to be quite good. The network speed is about average, and support requests are generally answered in a few hours. The support staff, however, isn't always the best. You sometimes have to reply to a ticket a few times before they understand exactly what you're saying, even if you are being very clear.

Give them both a look.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

I would never recommend using a domain registrar for hosting. I think hosting companies are more focused since hosting is their primary business.

As far as domains and most other services go RegisterFly is excellent, I have not tried 1&1, but my experiences with Godaddy have been mostly negative.
    Domain Maven

Ive had experience buying a domain with 1and1 and would not buy anything from them again! They messed up my nominet registration and didnt want to help sort it out and directed me to nominet support instead! The support staff seem to be a bit thick too!

1and1

Registerfly.com I believe offer reseller domains.For individuals usuage,go with Godaddy,they are alot cheaper.
    Unbelievable, affordable prices at www.qarce.com

I have been on the 1and1 free package for the last year or so, but just had to move, for the reason that the server was slow on loading times. I'm not sure if only their "free" servers are overloaded, or if it applies to most servers. They control panel is also custom, so there seems to be slightly less features in that sense.

I haven't had any experience with the others.

My experiences with godaddy have been horrific and I would not consider using them again.

Registerfly seem good so far.

No experience with 1and1...

I had experience 1and1, not the one which I would recommend for hosting. I do also would not suggest hosting at Registrar.

The best experience I have ever had was with powweb:

www.powweb.com

It is not cheap, but pick it up, if quality really matters.

most of the people online uses godaddy because of its price and features.

Originally posted by en2
    My experiences with godaddy have been horrific and I would not consider using them again.

Same here, I would rather buy from netsol than use godaddy

ha ha
    Domain Maven

We have tons of domains with 1and1 and this is our mistake. Main reason - horrible support. Second - control panel.
    Its just 0.49$ more expencive than in ev1.

If you can, I heavily recommend GoDaddy

I used 1and1 for a while and did not like it.
    You are automaticaly logged out after about one hour,
    which is good, but, their control panel is so slow that
    you don't get much accomplished before being logged out.

i am using godaddy for my 4 domain accounts. Everything is fine.

Just want to mention namecheap.com - I have more than 150 domains - regisered with 1and1, godaddy, registerfly and namecheap. If you think of registering domains - yes you should make your decision and pick one of those (so far I would give 5 stars to Namecheap - my favorite one).. But if you just think of hosting - I would not recommend neither of them - you can find many better webhosts out there and more important - try to avoid hosting your domain with your domain registrar.

I recommend GoDaddy too, very reliable.

20. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com