two content questions

Are allowing links to torrents of mp3 files legal to host on a forum?

Are allowing links to torrent sites of mp3 files legal to host on a forum?

I found this site and many links on this forum which indicate it is a NONO.

I know that it's legal in most european countries, but with the rabid copyright acts being passed in the usa it's pretty safe to say it's illegal in the usa.

Sweden and Norway are particulary good countries for such privacy vs copyright grey-zone issues like these. Nordic countries tends to care more for freedom/privacy than copyright laws.
    My development blog - (un)Interesting codesnippets and the occational code-related rant!

Why even risk it?

yeah, I got into it with a friend over this so I researched it some and whois'd some big torrent sites. I have no idea what's legal where, but it seems some bigs ones are in Canada. One that was in Washington US appeared to go from hosting, to linking, to flitering their search engines, to now looking to move off shore. Their isp seemed very forgiving though. Im not really interested in how I can, but more interested in what to say to people who contest the rules.

If anyone knows of a crediable news site with focus internet laws plz pm or post me the link. Thanks!