an problem with apache + Nat at home

hi
    dunno if this is the right place to post this
    i have an ADSL router and an apache webserver which i make some experiments on....as i am accessing the local websites using localhost/whatever or 127.0.0.1/whatever i have no problem with access but if i try to connect to it using my IP address or if a remote user try to access my local websites the Nat server BLOCK....it dominate Apache server and deny it from dealing with remote access requests....it tried to change Apache port to 8080 instead of 80 but it didn't work....so how do i configure Nat settings to overcome this problem?

any ideas?

Thanks

Depends on your router software. What you would have to do is point the incoming 80 port to your local LAN IP of your Apache server.

You need to set up port forwarding on your router. Otherwise, when you connect to your external IP, the router doesnt know where to send the request to.

some routers also have a firewall feature which is default set to block all incomming ports

Also need to route port80 to the IP where apache is running on the LAN

Follow the above-mentioned advice, but make sure you verify that you can indeed host servers on port 80 with your ISP. A majority of residential cable ISPs block that port now, so I have to resort to 8080.