Thread: WHM AutoPilot 3

WHM AutoPilot 3

i have been waiting for months, now it's just 67% completed , do you think they should work faster, i think other billing software is catching up

Well...one of the whm billing software developers maybe ahead today, and another may be ahead tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, it depends which software YOU feel comfortable with. For me, even with whmAutoPilot's current release, I am comfortable with the functions and layout that it already has to offer, and knowing that the developer is striving to improve the product is good enough for me.

Somehow, I have confidence in this product and don't mind offering my patience to see a better one unfold, even though it has taken much longer than has been promised many a time to the community, with regard to the v3 release.

Just my point of view on this topic, that has been brought up many a time at the whmAutoPilot forums itself.

I think they should take as long as it takes to get the job done right. I remember Modernbill used to rush out releases too soon and the results were always messy.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

its a bit confusing though as on blog.whmautopilot.com it says 100% coming out 12th november then if u click for a detailed report it says 67%

The release just out that you refer to still relates to the v2 version.

The v3 status is updated every week with it's progress, that currently shows as 67%

oh when will it actually come out anyway lol

No fixed date on that...will just have to follow the progress from that page updated weekly on the development.

do u know if they will charge extra for the full license as its $150 now

As far as I know, no extra charge on the current purchase when v3 is released, if purchased now. Don't know how long this status will last though.

ok thanks i'll be buying it now then

To be honest, I think it would be ready for release in the month of June 2005.

Supposingly(we have all heard this stuff before from the WHMAP team) is that it should be out if no delays occur by the end of Nov, but that is fast approaching, and I hightly doubt that estimate...
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Originally posted by InfexionKen
    Supposingly(we have all heard this stuff before from the WHMAP team) is that it should be out if no delays occur by the end of Nov, but that is fast approaching, and I hightly doubt that estimate...
    At the rate the development effort is going, it'll be well into the New Year before a public beta is ready. (That is just my personal opinion, based on past history of the development effort.)

v3 is vaporware.

If you like v2, then buy it... but DO NOT buy v2 and then expect v3 to be available anytime "soon".

Note: Don't get me wrong, I don think v3 will be very good. I believe the developer is very good, and it will probably be a great application.

However.... I think it will be a long time before it is finished.

Funny that the date just keeps getting pushed back. Last time I talked to them is was may2004, they said it would be out "shortly"...

Well, I switched from WHM Autopilot to Lpanel, which CURRENTLY has the features WHMAP3 promises and MORE! Heck with WHM Autopilot, I'm getting tired of waiting, so I just moved to Lpanel. I'd recommend them.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

www.lpanel.net does not have the ability to allow a single customer to have multiple hosting accounts.

That's a showstopper for many folks.

But if you don't need this feature, then lpanel is a powerful little program.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

They are adding that in there v1.6 release. I wouldn't call it 'little'. It's must more better than WHMAP
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

i'll be looking at modern bill and lpanel as i cant be bothered to wait another 9 months grrrrrr

lpanel owned license is very expensive compared to whmap though...

Not if you view it as a great money making investment.