* Php Nuke DB on spreate server !

Hello , I have a big phpnuke database , and it making alot of load on the server , so the database and the apache together making the server act very slow , so im wondering how i will be able to move my phpnule database on another server + leaving the phpnuke files on the same server right now , what im looking for is how i configure the phpnuke to read the database from another server not for the localhost !

thanks , kind regards .

Instead of local host for the database hostname, just put the ip or domain name of the server (eg. 10.50.203.65)

i tyred this !

i got the php nuke error thing :-s !

Which 'php nuke error thing' would that be? =p

You need to add the host of your apache server to your mysql servers because by default mysql only allows connections from localhost.

Re: Php Nuke DB on spreate server !

Originally posted by khalifa
    Hello , I have a big phpnuke database , and it making alot of load on the server , so the database and the apache together making the server act very slow , so im wondering how i will be able to move my phpnule database on another server + leaving the phpnuke files on the same server right now , what im looking for is how i configure the phpnuke to read the database from another server not for the localhost !

thanks , kind regards .
    You might also want to look at adding mmcache, adding cache to mysql. I would highly suggest looking at porting over to cpgnuke, which is about 4 times faster than phpnuke and more secure.

Also with mmcache you can cache the content of some of your dymanic pages, if the content does not change very often, like on stories, faqs, topics etc... Or you can also use jpcache.

If you are going to use a separate DB for phpnuke you should have the server direct connected via crossover cable also for performance and bandwidth reasons.

Are you seeing a lot of io wait on the server, is your memory getting pegged?