I need a list of world's top-10 java/jsp/servlet hosting providers. Price, Uptime and Support are key issues here. Please share your java hosting experiences. As a starter, here is the list that i researched so far;
Are the above-mentioned top-java hosts in the world? if not, which are the top-hosting companies in the world related to java?
1. As it is common with the usual hosting companies, is Cpanel the choice of the java hosting companies too, or is there any other control panel most suited for such java hosting irrespective of linux/windows platform?
2. For java hosting, do you recommend VDS or Dedicated server for those who can afford anything?
3. And for those who are price-concious, is shared hosting a good idea for java hosting?
4. I saw many experts here terming java hosting as PREMIUM one, hence the expensive nature of the java hosting as compared to PHP, Perl, ASP, etc. Why can't java hosting compare to other hosting technologies in terms of pricing, resources and support? Is it due to lack of java expertise or something else?
5. If someone decides to purchase their own java-specific dedicated server instead of a shared java hosting or VDS, which dedicated server providers do their best in configuring a java machine and on which OS?
6. I plan to use tools and ranking guidelines as provided by http://webhosting.info
to rate the suggested companies as top-10 only when they have maximum NUMBER of clients. Do you think there is any other verification process of rating them?
7. Technically speaking, what makes a host qualified to offer java hosting? Do these features point to a good java host?
Tomcat 3.2.3, 4.1.12LE, Tomcat Manager, Private Tomcat, Shared Catalina with own Tomcat root, Catalina Output
Apache JServ, WebLogic, WebSphere
JSP 1.1, 1.2
JDK, Sun jdk-1.3.0, Sun j2sdk 1.4, J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition) Software Development Kit v1.3.1, Java development tools/compilers/JITs
Private Java Virtual Machine JVM
JRun, Private JRun Services Manager (JSM), JRunPro 2.3 used for servlets
EJB/J2EE/JBoss Supported, JBoss Java VMs,
Private Resin Servlet Engine
ECMAScript and WebL support
Generic Servlet Library
Form Mail Servlet
Visitor Counter Servlet
Guest Book Servlet
MySQL, SQL Server, InterBase, PostgreSQL
XML, Cocoon XML Processor, FOP XML Print Formatter, SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol), Xalan XSLT Processor, Xang, Xerces Java Parser
There are additional java perks like Resin which speed up the java applications running on a java hosted server. Is there any other application like Resin that can be installed on a java server for offering better performance to its hosted accounts? Please be specific.
Why is it difficult or impossible for a web hosting company to offer EJB, JavaBeans, JBOSS or Enterprise J2EEE in a shared hosting environment?
Please note that there are big companies like verio.com who offer installable scripts to qualify as a java host. Kindly do not post such companies as I am looking for the java hosting specialist companies with java-ready machines.
Thanks in advance for your help.