Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I would differ on the conquering side. Swsoft has made fantastic progress, it may be a matter of time before they would conquer the Windows and Linux CP markets if the rest don't improve themselves. But at current, my gut feeling tells me Cpanel is number 1 for Linux and likewise Helm for Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan
    I would differ on the conquering side. Swsoft has made fantastic progress, it may be a matter of time before they would conquer the Windows and Linux CP markets if the rest don't improve themselves. But at current, my gut feeling tells me Cpanel is number 1 for Linux and likewise Helm for Windows.

with HSPC, it rules hosting automation!

We've been using the DRZES HMS for over a year now and LOVE IT!!! Check out a demo...

www.Drzes.com/demo.php
    NEW Hosting solution coming soon....

I've used cPanel a lot and find it easy to use. Don't know about buggy because I haven't encountered that.

I have Plesk now and don't like it as much. Looks nice but one main reason I don't like it is that I don't see anywhere to set up email accounts ... or am I just being blind?

Another issue I have is that it came with MySQL version 3.23 which is now pretty old. Plesk say Plesk supports MySQL version 4.1 ok, but I heard of one server admin who tried to update to this and never got the thing to work right with MySQL 4.

I've been reading a lot about DirectAdmin in the last few days and have to say it looks very firendly, if a not particularly feature rich. I only noticed one person mention it above ... anyone else used it? A lot cheaper that cPanel or Plesk too.

Last one I've heard good things about recently is ISPConfig. It was described by the user as at least as good as cPanel in most way and better in some. Opensurce too so it's free. Anyone used that?

I would certainly take a long look at DirectAdmin before cPanel. AFAIK it is pretty good and stable. I tested it when it first came out and although I thought it was good for what it was, I still think H-Sphere is better. I think Plesk has a nicer feel then DirectAdmin, and more features, so I'd consider that before DirectAdmin also. Plesk does have a way to add e-mail accounts! Just go into a domain and then click the Mail icon.

Thanks,

Neofree

Quote Originally Posted by neofree
    Plesk does have a way to add e-mail accounts! Just go into a domain and then click the Mail icon.
    DOH! I was being blind. I see how to use it via webmail - how do I set up the email account in Oulook? I can't see where I can set or find a 'username', Password and email address are clear, but not the username I'd need to set up in Outlook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oats
    I've been reading a lot about DirectAdmin in the last few days and
    have to say it looks very firendly, if a not particularly feature rich. I only noticed
    one person mention it above ... anyone else used it? A lot cheaper that cPanel or
    Plesk too.
    I use DirectAdmin on 32 servers and they are all running great. No problems at all.
    And its a whole lot cheaper than anything else out there and the support forum is
    great.
    Dominion Hosting
    16 Years in the Hosting Business.
    Nobody gives you personal service like we do
    Follow Us On Facebook

Most if not all of the panels use the e-mail address as the username. But I do beleive it explains in the Help on Plesk.

Thanks,

Neofree

I have seen lots of people using cPanel; will it be avaible with windows?

cPanel has been saying for 3-4 years they're working on a Windows version. Definately if you are wanting a good panel that does both Windows and Linux, you're options are H-Sphere and Plesk.

Yeah, but cPanel doesn't even work with PHP5. That's why you see all these PHP4 scripts installed on servers that are using cPanel. Plesk is going to take over by sheer compatibility with newer standards.

Quote Originally Posted by vsweb
    Which Hosting software is good :

.... with windows 2003 operating system.

Vikas
    Well, for windows 2003: Plesk has made the trick so far for me.

Cpanel is the best, no questions about it. Plesk is okay. Good thing is that Plesk is available on windows as well.
    Hosting Coupons: MediaTemple Recurring Discount, HostNine Offers and more..

You can have more information by looking the below thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=532401

we use Cpanel on all servers at this time

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com