site 1 cannot email site 2 since site 2 moved to outside server

Hi
    Heres my problem. I own centralmaine.org and it sits on my dedicated server 66.195.19.200 site number two, affiliatedrlty.com sits on a shared server but in same network as centralmaine.org server name is dime24.dizinc.com. Now centralmaine.org USED to be on dime24 but I moved it to my server when I got the server. these two sites email each other quite a bit and they keep having problems now that I've moved centralmaine.org. What I've gotten from my hosting provider, hostdime.com is that becasue centralmaine.org USED to be on the same server as affiliatedrlty.com affiliated is looking for centralmaine on dime24 and cannot find it and is stopping. I believe that this IS the correct issue becasue after I submit support request it is fixed for a bout a month. But then it comes back again. incidentally, centralmaine.org CAN email affiliatedrlty.com but not vice versa. Any thoughts?
    Kenneth LaVoie - owner www.centralmaineweb.com
    Professional web design, hosting and search engine optimization for small businesses.

"Delivering such excellence you wouldn't dream of being without us"

You need to check if there is still a DNS entry for the moved domain on the old server.

If there is, delete it and the server will then be forced to do an external lookup for the domain and email should then work between the 2 domains.
    Shared Hosting - Servers in the US and the UK
    Reseller Plans - For ultimate reliability
    WebAttention.net - Hosting made easy

Also check that the old domain is no longer in the local hosts acceptance file on the old server.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

4. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com