Another lip-synch incident by Eminem on SNL ?

NEW YORK - Looks like today’s pop acts rarely take the “live” in Saturday Night Live seriously.

Just one week after Ashlee Simpson lip-synched on the show, Eminem was found guilty of the same offense, reports The New York Post.

“He was singing ‘Mosh’ and you could tell he was lip-synching,” said a source. “The track was just a bit ahead of his lips and he put the mike down at one point but the track kept going.”

Eminem’s rep said he was merely trying to “duplicate the sound on his album. He had a vocal track on for double vocal effect on the first song, to make it more powerful. Lots of hip-hop artists do that. Tupac Shakur did it.”

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...inem02-ON.html
    Video: http://www.mjmorningshow.com/video/eminem_sm.wmv

Judge for yourself

TV is for entertainment, and I hate to break it to people but almost nothing on TV is real. Given that Im not sure why they are scrutinized so much. Lip-sync or not they are up there to entertain, not preach the bible.

Rappers always have their original music in the background, and they just rap with it. They are rappers, not singers.

What's wrong with lip-syncing? Milli vanilli did it and a lot of peeps loved it.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /video/eminem_sm.wmv on this server.

I thought things looked a bit pecular when i was watching the first performance of his song "lose it".

Synching is nothing new. Hell even back in the 80's a few bands got angry at management at the ABC in Australia due to *wanting* to play live, but were told they had to use voice tracks. There's a couple of incidences where the band went out of their way to show the TV audience they'd been forced to use backing tracks.

The Simpson one last week was just a fine case. It's not really news, but everyone's out looking for it at the moment.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by net-trend
    What's wrong with lip-syncing? Milli vanilli did it and a lot of peeps loved it.
    go Milli ...go Milli ...go Milli

Use Internet Explorer!

Originally posted by ub3r
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /video/eminem_sm.wmv on this server.

I thought things looked a bit pecular when i was watching the first performance of his song "lose it".
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

I agree that it isn't really a big deal, but on Saturday Night Live, I guess people just naturally assume that everything is live.
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

Re: Another lip-synch incident by Eminem on SNL ?

Originally posted by AceWeb
    Tupac Shakur did it.”
    Yeah, and look at him now.

-Bob
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Originally posted by 2Guns
    Lip-sync or not they are up there to entertain, not preach the bible.
    Credibility. If they can't sing it live, what are the odds they can sing at all? I don't want my money going to support a fraud, do you?

-Bob

Re: Re: Another lip-synch incident by Eminem on SNL ?

Originally posted by TMX
    Yeah, and look at him now.

-Bob

btw, since the simpson lip syncing incident, i havent heard one of her songs on the radio here in minneapolis....
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Re: Re: Re: Another lip-synch incident by Eminem on SNL ?

Originally posted by LaurenStephens
    btw, since the simpson lip syncing incident, i havent heard one of her songs on the radio here in minneapolis....
    Probably because generally her songs aren't that good?
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I don't think the video showed enough to really make a decision if you didn't see the actual show. It only plays up to the point where he is going to begin rapping. It didn't seem to me that he was trying to hide the fact that the HOOK was being lip synched but they conveniently cut the video off where he began his real rap.

Anyway, I agree with some of the other members here, even if he does lip synch...I don't really care. That track rocks and atleast he can say he conceives his own art.
    BliksemHosting.com
    New! End-user support now included
    Shared-->Reseller-->Semi-Dedicated-->CO-OP-->VPS-->Dedicated
    Web Host Magazine May 2006 Editors' Choice for Reseller Web Hosting Services

Eminem is a putz and all pop music sucks

I saw SNL and I believe he was truly using a vocal backing track because there were vocals you stopped hearing when he stopped talking and some that kept going, kinda layered on top of each other. Eminem (about the only rapper I've actually listened to a few songs of I am ashamed to admit) uses a lot of layered rapping where he talks over himself, which would require two people to do, or a vocal track and one person. And as much as I hate rap I think this is what he was doing.

Much like how you can have 3 guitars layered on a cd by a group with one guitarist, old Black Sabbath springs to mind, there are some parts of their songs, especially the soloes, where there is no less than 4 layered guitars, yet their only guitarist was Iommi, live they simply left out the other layers, I suppose with today's tech they could easily add them in using backing guitar tracks and one live guitarist.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Makes you wonder if they do it on tv, if they do the same in concert.

Who wants to go pay $40+ per person to goto a concert where the aritst(s) will possibly lip sync the concert?

I know I wouldn't. If you can't do it live, don't go on tv claiming to do so.

Most pop stars lip sync every live performance, just look @ Britney Spears and all the times she has been caught doing it.

I mean who wants the live performance to sound just like the cd? If you like that "version" of it, go listen to the cd a couple more times.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Agreed ChrisTech

Like Elton John said recently of Madonna, anyone who lip-synch's when you pay upwards of $75 to see the performance should be shot.

I saw Tori Amos in concert a couple years back and thought I would never be able to hear her cd's again after hearing her live performance. She sounded so much better live than on the cd's. The tracks didn't do her real talent justice. She plays two pianos at the same time, btw.

Now that is worth $75, IMO.
    BliksemHosting.com
    New! End-user support now included
    Shared-->Reseller-->Semi-Dedicated-->CO-OP-->VPS-->Dedicated
    Web Host Magazine May 2006 Editors' Choice for Reseller Web Hosting Services

TV is for entertainment, and I hate to break it to people but almost nothing on TV is real. Given that Im not sure why they are scrutinized so much. Lip-sync or not they are up there to entertain, not preach the bible.
    Lip sync is wrong simple as that. What if you pay $30.00 to go see a singer, and say she or he lip sync. Now how would you feel knowing the singer is not singing, and you paid to hear her CD instead of them?
    I am back....

As Ive stated before I work in the industry and well..... most stuff is smoke and mirrors. Would it be nice if it was "live" ? sure ..... do I expect it? Not hardly. And knowbody paid any money to see anything on SNL.

Mickey mouse is a guy in a suit..... so dont speed $80 on that, Guys cant jump off buldings and live.... so save your $14 at the theater.

"Reality" TV shows are not real so keep the tube of and save on the electric bill. Santa isnt real so we should also scrap that one.

As Ive stated before I work in the industry
    I was a professional musician for most of the 90s, and am personally offended by those who make a living by lip syncing. Whether it is accepted within the industry or not, it is patently fraudulent, and you know it. Nobody with any integrity does it. Additional instruments? Maybe. Harmony vocals? Maybe. A completely pantomimed performance? No way.

Mickey mouse is a guy in a suit..... so dont speed $80 on that, Guys cant jump off buldings and live.... so save your $14 at the theater.
    That's a ridiculous comparison. We don't expect the guy who plays superman to really be able to fly, nor do we expect the guy dressed like Mickey Mouse to actually live in a hole in the wall and eat cheese all day. Those are actors, who, by definition, engage in make-believe profesionally, practicing their craft. We do, however, expect our singers to actually be able to sing, particularly when a performance is billed as "live".

-Bob
    Last edited by TMX; 11-06-2004 at 06:19 AM.