Official web-hosting license

Hey all,
    Alright that's a weird question I have. I never seen licenses around the hostings, but I would like to know how it is possible to actually obtain real license for "transfer data over internet" or something like that to have a patent for your hosting?
    Any suggestions?

I do not think you would need a licence. If it is a business, contact your dept. of licenseing and get a business license. That should be all you need. Am I wrong??

Re: Official web-hosting license

Originally posted by Annihilator
    Hey all,
    Alright that's a weird question I have. I never seen licenses around the hostings, but I would like to know how it is possible to actually obtain real license for "transfer data over internet" or something like that to have a patent for your hosting?
    Any suggestions?
    I'm not sure I understand the question--can you please clarify what you're wanting a license for?
    Matt Lightner - http://www.mattlightner.com/
    - First initial to the last name at the mail service provided by the world's largest search engine
    - Founder and CEO (Former) Site5.com, sold in 2008
    - Really honestly wants to be a good WHT citizen but can never remember all the correct etiquette. Mods, sorry in advance

I need:
    1. Telematic services license
    2. Data transmission license

I am no expert but i dont think you need to get a such thing like a ''Web Hosting'' licence... Just register your biz, get your paperwork done.. and enjoy

Uh, why would you need a DTL? I doubt it will be very usefull if you can even get them, last time I heard of anything related was a long time ago. Also, the telematic thing has little or nothing to do with webhosting.

I didn't know you needed a liscense to start a webhosting company.

The data centers and network providers already have those licences .. you are using their infracture thereofre you are sharing their licence

Originally posted by Archbob
    I didn't know you needed a liscense to start a webhosting company.
    Yeah you need to register your business with your State or Country. However the rules may be different depending on where you live.
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

Amen!

This thread is about as usefull as as my new title as "minister of hosting and all things electronic"!

http://www.ulc.org/

Point being, you can get a certificate for anything, doesn't make the title mean anything. There is still a person behind the title.

Just follow ALL business regulations and be an honest business person.