Exclamation Blutekhosting - Stay Away!!!

If you value your website's stability & uptime, a host's technical support service and you want a reliable host. By all means....DO NOT use blutekhosting.com!!! If you run your website for ANYTHING other than a personal webpage ((and even then I wouldn't want anything to do with blutekhosting)) .. stay away!!

I just noticed that their site is back online, so they're not dead and buried....but still, not a word yet from them as to why it seemed they dissappeared, along with all of their hosted websites...and now magically have reappeared. That is not the level of customer service & satisfaction I'm looking for, that's for sure!

Thank you for the heads up. Are you going to continue hosting with them? If so, let us know if it gets any better. You might do a little more research next time and maybe you could save yourself the headache.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

No problem...just looking out for those who are looking for a host and doing some research.

When I first started with them, I heard good things and never had any trouble with them, however their was an ownership change midstream, and since the original owner 'Jose' has left...everything has went downhill.

Click Here for some more horror stories!

Originally posted by Heineken77
    however their was an ownership change midstream, and since the original owner 'Jose' has left...everything has went downhill.
    Ownership changes tend to create issues most of the time. I'm sure given time, everything will return back to the norm.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Originally posted by net-trend
    Ownership changes tend to create issues most of the time. I'm sure given time, everything will return back to the norm.
    Trust me net-trend. It is impossible to go back to the norm, when the original owner cared about his clients, and the new owners don't. New ownership has sent that business what was once reliable into utter turmoil. Just because the business was run successfully once before by the previous owner, does not translate into the new owners inheriting the original owner's business sense, integrity, reliability, or any other quality the original owner may have had.

It comes down to business smarts, superior customer relations and a reliable product offered. The new owners do not possess any one of these qualities, nor do they even come close!

There are literally thousands of webhosts out there. My advice is to do as much research as possible on any business you contemplate dealing with, and in the end you'll be able to make an informed decision. With everyone I've spoken to offering nothing but negative feedback on the new ownership, and myself seeing that host go to straight to hell, I advise all considering blutekhosting to move on to the next option.

I feel sorry for those that don't do research before signing up with them, but they'll have to learn the hard way unfortunately.

Cheers

Thank you for the review. This Blutekhosting story is still unfolding. Keep us updated.

I'm sure given time, everything will return back to the norm.
    We can hope so for the sake of the customers, but can we be sure of it though?

<< is never using blutekhosting
    Zero Unit Hosting - 24/7 support, PHP, MySQL, site builder, script library
    Web Host Friend Online Hosting Directory - Submit Your Site!

Post Open Letter to Sharkman:

Originally posted by net-trend
    Unfortunately, I don't think this will be the case. If Fuitadnet serves as any guide, when sharkman buys out a hosting company, most if not all of the employees are terminated:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=326759

Then, tech support is turned over to some astonishingly inept tier-1 guys who just say "yes, sir" and "we're looking into it", search WHT for "Yogesh" to see what I'm saying. Instead of doing anything about the quality of support, the customers are left to just leave if they don't like it.

That's where the horror stories come in, with people posting here about their difficulties in cancelling their service. Not just Fuitadnet, but Bitstream as well have support forums where the posts begging to cancel, or get a refund, pile up. Unless it's FNET, whose mods instituted a policy of deleting all billing-related posts from the forums. There's a post stating that policy. Those angry customers then post their gripes on WHT.

Of course, no one is moderating the Bitstream forums, so complaining there won't do much good. How can it? That forum is so full of customer gripes that obviously no one running the company knows the forum exists or they'd have deleted a bunch of those threads. The one where the customers are getting together to sue is quite a hoot. See this thread, for sharkman's opinion of the Bitstream forums:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=233374

Sharkman, get out of webhosting if you don't intend to run honest businesses. Please, at least learn what you are doing before acquiring any more hosts. In the case of Fuitadnet, I'm upset that you made me post Pierre-Luc's picture long after he sold you Fuitadnet, in my efforts to provoke some sort of official response. You kept his photo up as the CEO, and never informed the customers of an ownership change until pressured to do so, months later.

On the other hosting sites I've seen which you own, nowhere is there any information pertaining to the company being owned by Empire Hosting, ewempire, or any of your other companies. The contact information only points to the level-1 tech support guys, or "billing" or "sales" email addresses.

What's the big secret? If you had taken a more honest approach, I never would have started asking questions or looking into things. The question I have now is, what other hosting companies have you acquired? Are their customers also howling here on WHT while you ignore them, like the blutek customers?
    Last edited by BigBison; 11-04-2004 at 02:44 AM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Until now I stil havent got any reply from blutek support.

For those who has some files on the hosting that you would like to retrieve you should use an ftp client and connnect to 216.10.20.3

Use your user name and password. Hope this help a few who needed.

Agree with this. I had my emergency site with them and they terminated then account without any explanation. Despite lots of emails they ignored me until it was billing time.

Then I got this:

> Hello,
    >
    > Your invoices are OVERDUE.
    >
    > So Please make payment to prevent any interruptions in your service. If
    > you have any issues making payment please contact us so we can make
    > alternative arrangements. and if you have already paid the invoices please
    > forward the transaction details, so we can update your account.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    So I sent them this, not terribly professional but they've managed to ignore more than dozen emails then they send me something about my my invoice:

F*** Off you c****s
    Amazingly I got this reply:

> Hello!
    >
    > What should we consider your reply as,
    > Are you looking to cancel the account.
    >
    > Thank you.
    Anyone who wants anything to do with this lot be aware that you're obviously dealing with simpletons.

I had a yearly contract with them, and I started receiving problems after Jose left, I was fine with that but what pissed me off the most was that they shut down my site 2 months before the next payment was due, and they still have my domain registered to them

thanxs, i'm getting educated

Re: Open Letter to Sharkman:

Originally posted by BigBison

That's where the horror stories come in, with people posting here about their difficulties in cancelling their service. Not just Fuitadnet, but Bitstream as well have support forums where the posts begging to cancel, or get a refund, pile up. Unless it's FNET, whose mods instituted a policy of deleting all billing-related posts from the forums. There's a post stating that policy. Those angry customers then post their gripes on WHT.
    I feel I should address something. There is not and has never been a policy on FNET forums to delete a billing thread. In fact if one was to search they'd find PLENTY of open threads on that very subject. As well, if one were to look at the forum itself they'd find that there's an entire section devoted just to billing.

Please, if you're going to state something about myself or one of the other volunteer mods there, please do so in an educated manner. As I even state on those forums, I could care less what you say about Sharon or two him, and don't deny any of his actions as you've stated Bison. But the mods have only deleted one thread in the last 5 months and that was one that under the rules, calls for a deletion. (That would be any site advertised on the forum that is not hosted by FNET. A rule written by Todpunk and Matthew, long before the company was ever bought out.)

I created an account here, mostly to find out more about my webhost, the information is staggering. But please, don't spread false information about the mods, I happen to be one, I really don;t appreciate it.

Thank you for the heads up about Blutekhosting, im sure people appreciate it

Oh yes, definately, all this stuff I'm learning is making me more and more aware of what I'm dealing with in my own position.

Has anyone fully mapped out what Sharkman owns and doesn't own?
    Firemyst
    Dragon Lover, Web Designer, Wielder of the Spork.

Re: Re: Open Letter to Sharkman:

Originally posted by Firemyst
    But the mods have only deleted one thread in the last 5 months and that was one that under the rules, calls for a deletion.
    From now on, I will make sure to quote what I'm reading on FNET forums. I'm not going to start yet another WHT argument with yet another FNET mod. The post I was referring to was called "Feedback Rules" from early November. I'm sure it never really existed because no threads are deleted, but surely something came before the current thread, "Clarification on Feedback Rules", dated Nov. 24th?

What I was objecting to the other month was probably an ill-worded effort to keep billing issues out of threads not in the billing section. Again, next time I'll make sure to quote the post so we can all see what's being discussed. There's more than one ex-FNET customer who has posted here that their thread was deleted on FNET.

We don't delete threads that are posted int he wrong sections either, we simply move them. I do remember one billing related thread getting deleted, but you must understand, it contained slander, death threats, and a threat of Dos Attacking FNET's servers. The user was dealt with and I believe had to be dealt with by authorities after he followed through on his attack.

Why did that incident occur? The user had bought a private server plan in which he immediately after recieving turned into a Warez server. The staff could not allow that.

I'll just let you know right now, myself, nor any of my fellow mods work for the company, in fact we have our own guff with the company and at times even aid in the effort of customer protests.

Yes, I know there are customers who come on here complaining thier threads were deleted / closed, in fact I read the thread by one who climaed that Kumar, the technician who does good with FNET hacked his server and closed him down. THe fact is, that user is the same user I mentioned above, if you'd like, I'd be happy to e-mail you the post in question, I save them all. Some of us keep good records about our action.

What I'm trying to get at, is a majority of people I could see complining about the moderators are the same ones that have to be banned or have thier posts edited for violating the rules. Is it somehow wrong for a moderator to do thier job and... moderate?

EDIT: One last thing... I cannot be responsible for every word of mouth complaint that comes from FNET customers. Once again, I myself AM a paying customer to that company, I volunteer to do what I do purely out of a commitment to the community that formed when Pierre was at the helm.
    Last edited by Firemyst; 02-15-2005 at 12:23 AM.
    Firemyst

I wonder if anyone (that's been hosted by Blutek and had them register a domain) has gotten their domain back (after their accounts had expired) ?

Blutekhosting seems a bit similiar to my company's name. Hopefully people do not mix us up.

I know personally that people under FNET, also owned by Sharkman have in fact gotten thier domains back. I'm gonna base my guess on that fact.
    Firemyst