Visual Basic.net <NEWBIE NEEDS HELP>

Hello everyone.

First let me start out with a little background of myself. I am an ASP programmer moving into the ASP.net and VB.net aspects of programming. So my fundamental understand of programming logic originates from ASP and VBSCript.

I am currently attempting to program an application that will preform the following task in Visual Basic.net. Read information from a Database allowing you to add/delete/edit whats listed. The reason behind the application is allow status checking on production around the office.

The way i would like the application to be is as followed:
    Having a listing at the top giving: (This will have a horrizontal Scroll is List is greater than 10)
    | Work Order # | Company Name | Status | Status Date |
    With the following Buttons Next to it. [View] & [Delete]

When clicked on Delete a Confirmation screen will pop up asking you if youwant to delete it.

If clicked on View it will populate the text fields below with all information from the SQL database.

And finally The last section would be the [Add New] button at the bottom underneath the text boxes... Giving you the option of Adding the new Status Check. (This option i have completed in general but haven't put validation rules into it yet)

Okay so sounds like a simple enough application. My problem is though that i am use to ASP development and not VB. So is there anyone out there that can direct me on how to do this or give me a few websites that might be able to push me into the right direction.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Sincerely,
    Devin
    (attached is a copy of my project file)
    Attached Files Attached Files

You might try http://www.only4gurus.com/v2/ShowCat...ET+Data+Access

to learn more about VB.net, ADO.net and .Net data access.
    Esley Ottesen
    GearHost Inc. [www.gearhost.com]
    Powerful Web Hosting for Serious Business