hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : purchase a static IP question

Forum Jump

purchase a static IP question

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2004, 04:35 PM
WHT Addict

purchase a static IP question

I just have a question, I have no idea what area here is appropriate to post this, so I will just say it and take my chances.. I just hope its appropriate somewhere here.
please forward to appropriate area if necessary, as I do not know what area this would be most appropriate for?

moderators: please don't ban me, sometimes you just don't know what area is appropriate, being banned for that is just STUPID and immature. move the message, thats fine, but don't ban me please...

anyway here goes:

from any web hosting provider in general,
is it possible to purchase a static IP address with about 1-2 mb of disk space on it?

I just need a single Static IP address,

I have a server I run from home, and sometimes the computer is turned off, so I need an IP to send the user to when my home server is down.

is it possible to purchase just an IP without requireing a domain name? I didn't know if hosting providers could do that or not.
most web hosting providers have told me I can't purchase their service without a registered domain name, so I didn't know if that could be done or not.

it would really be a big help to me, since I have no other IP's other then my dynamic IP address from home here.

should I just ask any provider, or what?
thanks

Last edited by bubazoo; 10-31-2004 at 04:40 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

So what you need is domain-less hosting with a dedicated IP. I'm sure there's plenty of hosts that are willing to accomodate you, you just have to ask. Try http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php the Host Quote feature and put in your special requirements.

High Availability Web Hosting

Old 10-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Most shell hosting providers can do that without any problems.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 AM
Junior Guru

vervehosting.com may be able to do it for you. They give an IP out with every account. Email them and see if you can just use an IP.

I was hosted there in the past and they were excellent. I left because I overgrew what they offered.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Office 365 Integrates GoDaddy Domain Name Registration Web Hosting News 2013-10-09 13:18:05
UK Tech Blog Challenges CloudFlare, Web Hosts on Free Speech Blog 2013-08-12 10:32:52
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - May 3, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-05-03 15:43:08
Joomla Hosting Study Shows Speed, Uptime Top Selling Points of a Web Host Web Hosting News 2012-11-07 15:06:36
Domainchy Helps Web Hosts Tap iPhone Users with New White Label iOS App Web Hosting News 2012-09-12 13:15:54