Exclamation cPanel Shared IP Issue ... Please help!

Hello all! I am fairly new to cPanel & WHM. I currently am leasing a dedicated server, and it was setup last night. My Question is this:

The main shared IP is, let's say: xx.xx.xx.01

I setup all client accounts using the shared IP, including my own initially.

Now, in WHM I just changed my sites IP(xx.xx.xx.02). I want my site to have a dedicated IP for various reasons.

I understand it takes time to propagate, but just out of curiousity, I went to mydomain.com.

It displays one of my client websites! I would rather it display a page cannot be found error, then showing one of my client websites.

Now, the question:

Why does cPanel do this? And how do I fix it.

One my last cPanel server, if you changed a sites IP it would simply timeout if a user attempted to access the page prior to properly propagating.

On the last cPanel server, if you were to reference the main shared IP via a browser, it would display, "No address configured for this address" or something similiar.

How do I get this thing fixed??? Please any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

I know this isnt a cPanel forum, but it doesnt seem anyone is available in their forums right now. And of course these forums are always loaded w/ friendly experts =).

Thanks for any assistance,
    Brian

It is not Cpanel doing this, it is Apache.

If you want to run your own Server there is a lot of learning you need to do -- some of it pretty quick; and that would be due to insecure scripts provided by WHM/Cpanel.

To get you started though, you say, "The main shared IP is, let's say: xx.xx.xx.01".

I'll bet that is the IP for your Hostname and was also setup for NS1.yourdomain.com.

What you should do is make your Domain name a Reseller account. Make xx.xx.xx.01 & 02 your Nameserver IP's. Assign 01 as NS1.yourdomain.com & 02 as NS2.yourdomain.com.

Then, in WHM, also make 01 as a Dedicated IP address for yourdomain.com and make 02 as a Shared IP address. Then 02 will be used as the Shared IP for your other Clients -- presuming they are using your Nameservers.

If the above doesn't make much sense, don't worry. If you just do as directed you will have no problems. It's also a start on learning what you need to know.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available