Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow NEWS :: Doctors sent to Yasser Arafat's compund, reports of deteriorating health.

Article extract >>

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's health has deteriorated, according to reports.

A team of doctors was tonight sent to his Ramallah compound in the West Bank.

Arafat, 75, has been suffering from a lengthy bout of flu.

Israeli radio reported that the he had lost consciousness, a report denied by Palestinian officials.

Arafat had an exploratory operation earlier this week after suffering stomach pains amd vomiting.

Doctors carried out an endoscopy, an investigative procedure in which a small scope is inserted into the body.

Israel had given permission for Arafat to leave his compound to receive the treatment, but he refused.

He has been under virtual house arrest for three years.

Arafat's foreign minister, Nabil Shaath, said this week that the leader was in pain because of serious intestinal flu but doctors flown in earlier this week from Egypt and Tunisia expected him to recover.

Questions about Arafat's health have raised Palestinian fears of a bloody succession struggle after his death. He has never picked a successor.

End extract <<

Full article, no link.

Alternative source :: http://olympics.reuters.com/newsArti...toryID=6632460

No flaming or arguing over the "troubles" or the peace process, that's not what this thread is for.

Opinions?? Comments??

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

Update - SOURCE : SKY NEWS ONLINE

Article extract >>

A team of emergency doctors has been rushed to the bedside of ailing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who is said to be in a "critical" condition.

A Palestinian cabinet source said Arafat is "very, very sick", as leading officials were summoned to his West Bank headquarters.

And senior Palestinian official Hassan Abu Libdeh told reporters the leader is in "a critical condition".

Palestinian security services have been put on alert following the news.

Arafat's wife Suha, who lives in France, has been called to his bedside, Israeli sources claimed.

A team of doctors was tonight sent to his Ramallah compound in the West Bank tonight to examine Arafat, 75, who has been suffering from a lengthy bout of flu.

Israeli radio reported that the he had lost consciousness, a report denied by Palestinian officials who insist his conditions is "stable".

It has also been reported that Arafat has been given permission by Israel to leave his compound to seek hospital treatment. He has been under virtual house arrest for three years.

Arafat had an exploratory operation earlier this week after suffering stomach pains and vomiting.

Doctors carried out an endoscopy, an investigative procedure in which a small scope is inserted into the body.

Israel had given permission for Arafat to leave his compound for the treatment, but he refused.

Arafat's foreign minister, Nabil Shaath, said this week that the leader was in pain because of serious intestinal flu but doctors flown in earlier this week from Egypt and Tunisia expected him to recover.

Questions about Arafat's health have raised Palestinian fears of a bloody succession struggle after his death. He has never picked a successor.

End extract <<

Full article, no link.

What i am hearing out of the region through live reports suggest that the signs are not good at all for Yasser Arafat. Hmm

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 10-27-2004 at 06:43 PM.

It's a worst moments for his family, and the Palestinians, after all he was their leader, but i think he should have retired long time ago, also this might be the signs of a new fresh leadership and fresh ideas-which i fully support.

As Critic said this is no time for politics, it's always bad to hear or to feel the closing death to ANYONE.
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

They should find out where Dick Cheney got his flu shot from.

Fresh new usually means young and headstrong. Expect a whole new wave of violence in the middle East.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

tic... tic... tic...
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

When he dies the hell will start. New Palestinian leader will be selected by the power of gun and such person will be much harder if not impossible to talk with.

Critic :

I wish you'd stop posting the news, even in the Lounge. We can all go to cnn.com, bbc.co.uk, or wherever.

The man is ill, and believe me, whoever replaces him won't be friendly.

I hope his death doesn't trigger a war.. and I certainly hope the U.S. does not intervene.

Heh I know Israeli want him dead that for sure. Do you remember Israeli Army attacked Arafat building.

Originally posted by fyrestrtr
    Critic :

I wish you'd stop posting the news, even in the Lounge. We can all go to cnn.com, bbc.co.uk, or wherever.

Why? I know we can go to cnn, but we can't discuss it there, we can discuss it here. This is the lounge after all.

Yassir is Paris bound now.

Critic :

I cannot comply and make your wish come true i'm afraid.

Whether it be the standard News or the Science/Space stuff or the Offbeat News, i feel i'm adding something to the community in my own small way. And that's one of the main reasons why we're all here isn't it, to try and contribute and bring something to the Lounge as others do for us.

>>>

The Israeli government have reportedly agreed to let him back in if he needs to go abroad for treatment or further diognosis and this would appear to be happening, the destination being Paris.

He's not down and out yet by the looks of it.

For full article :: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...241891,00.html

EDIT: Oh, MAndrew beat me to it and then some, so he's taken off then? Hmm, i don't see us getting too much detialed info via the media concerning his condition once he reaches Paris, especially if the news isn't good, not until the long term future can be sorted out anyway.

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 10-28-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Critic :

Last time I checked it was the lounge, and he can post his news here . I dont mind his news at all... not sure why it bugs you so much .
    I am back....

It seems he has taken a turn for the worse now and is in a coma.

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    It seems he has taken a turn for the worse now and is in a coma.
    Like I said; tic... tic... tic...
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

Ding Ding Ding.
    Just heard on the news here, he is now gone. bye-bye.

There are conflicting reports about his health status between some claiming he's dead while the military hospital denying those reports.

God bless him whatever state Arafat may be in.

A hospital official has spoken to the media within the last hour, Yasser Arafat is NOT dead.

However on Sky News just now, they said that Arafat's closest aide is has told the media he is in a "critical condition".

Listening to reports coming out of the region it sounds almost like when a King or Queen was dying or had just died [in the past i mean , doesn't normally happen with existing monarchies] and there is no obvious successor.

All the political maneuvering; the vulchers are circling, people looking on like crows before a battle.

Critic,
    Last edited by Critic; 11-04-2004 at 01:39 PM.

Critic :

Surely a "Community Guide" should be encouraging people to post, not complaining when people post threads which DO get people talking.
    Steve

Critic :

Why do you keep posting this over and over saying I wish you stop posting this? He has a right to post news in the lounge, and he and others seem to enjoy the news in here. If you do not like it do not go read it in the lounge.
    I am back....

Thanks for your support WHTers but enough of me, fyrestrtr is enitled to his opinion i just wish he'd offer it more often and with the spirit of the thread in mind.

And that's how it should continue in here and everywhere else.

Back on the Arafat thing, i can't believe that in the time they've had to look into his condition and perform tests that they haven't formed some kind of diagnosis. The doctors in Paris probably have a good idea what is responsible for his health problems, politics is behind the current drip drip drip of information.

You know, part of me wouldn't be surprised if he walked out fit as a fiddle or more than with the living at least and used the incident on the world stage in some way. It could happen but i admit that on the face of it, it looks pretty unlikely.

Critic,

Critic if he does die what do you think will happen over there and around the world? You think major wars, ect?
    I am back....

Originally posted by zaid2001
    God bless him whatever state Arafat may be in.
    God bless him.

@ Torith
    IMO, his era is over, things will be better, i'm not saying he was a bad guy, but i believe he took some wrong turns, and with a new leadership- mostly Ahmed Korah or the X-PM, things can get better...I hope so.
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

He is one of the Worlds most notorious terrorists, responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, woman, and children. He's plied his trade in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Bombings, hijackings, and assassination; he's mastered them all.

The United States has enough evidence to indict him for the kidnapping and brutal murder of two American diplomats.

In March 1973, Palestinian terrorist seized the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, during a diplomatic reception. U.S. Ambassador Cleo Noel and Charge d' Affairs C. Curtis Moore were among those taken hostage.

The terrorist who identified themselves as members of Black September demanded the release of Sirhan Sirhan, the murderer of Robert Kennedy. When President Nixon refused this demand, the American diplomats were taken to the embassy basement where they were brutally tortured and killed.

The National Security Agency intercepted direct communications between Yasser Arafat and his operatives in the Khartoum office of al-Fatah that indicate Arafat had both planned the attack and ordered the executions.
    http://middleeastinfo.org/article2094.html

Yap... god bless him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast