hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : QuickBooks Pro

Forum Jump

QuickBooks Pro

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2000, 02:39 AM

Any resellers using quickbooks pro that recommends it to handle maintaining all their records? If not anyone recommend any good software?

Thanks
Zach

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2000, 02:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

If you do a search for Quickbooks you should find quite a few recommendations....

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Old 11-24-2000, 08:49 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Zach,

I use QuickBooks PRO and find it is easy for any computer novice to use. I had the program running within minutes. In the 2000 version they have a credit card processing interface so that you can bill your clients from within Quickbooks (with an internet connection of course.) However, I found it to be too pricey for my liking.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2000, 11:27 AM
ex-Aussie

Have you looked at Quicken Cashbook?

essentially it's Quickbooks, but cheaper and simpler. It's designed as 'single entry accounting' system. You enter what you recieve, you enter what you pay, and you enter your bank statements etc. The program sorts it all and gives you lists and spreadsheets of profit, loss, net worth etc.

In a nut shell, it's a good system for a small business that does away with a lot of the extra parts of Quickbooks you might not need like suppliers etc. The cons are if you grow too big too fast it may get cumbersome, and it doesn't offer the creditcard facilites of Quickbooks.

Greg Moore

Old 01-03-2001, 07:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

Are you saying that QuickBooks will charge your clients credit card? Do you need a merchant account or does quickbooks use theirs. And what are the fees like?

Thanks,
Brandon

Old 01-09-2001, 12:53 AM
Web Hosting Master

Yes, Quickbooks has some merchant features, but you need to have a merchnat account from Intui I believe, you might what to call them for more info on it

The Cloud Engine

Old 01-17-2001, 03:13 PM
Web Hosting Master

Does QuickBooks have a recurring billing feature and an e-mail invoicing feature? I was unable to find either.

Old 01-18-2001, 12:01 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

We use QuickBooks for our other site. It works very well, though our other site is more a product oriented business rather than a service business.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:01 AM
Web Hosting Master

Thumbs down Bad news...

As far as we have researched, Quickbooks does not offer recurring billing. A recent development is a set of scripts called CBMS - search for it at Freshmeat

Old 01-30-2001, 01:06 AM
ex-Aussie

A bit of Quickbooks bashing

I'd be a little hesitant on using anything online that Quickbooks has to offer. The local software is fine enough but their online solutions are shady at best. I'm currently trying to get a domain out of their Site Solutions program and they are proving far from helpful about it. Apparently email support is available at the bargain price of $150!!

With online management I'd suggest much the same as above - look for a free system, or one you can at least install on our own server.

Old 01-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

As a hosting company I find Quickbooks Pro great. That is what my CPA uses also

James R. Clark II
Nethosters Inc.
http://www.nethosters.com

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - January 17, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-01-17 17:16:45
Web hosting provider Infinitely Virtual Offers Unbundled Microsoft Office Suite Products Web Hosting News 2012-08-14 18:22:53
Intuit is Building Cloud Hosting Infrastructure, According to Job Posting Web Hosting News 2012-08-03 11:34:49
Web Host Infinitely Virtual Offers McAfee SaaS Total Protection Web Hosting News 2012-06-11 16:44:30
Web Host Infinitely Virtual Provides Customers with QuickBooks via Cloud Web Hosting News 2012-05-17 13:05:06