View Poll Results: Who is the main cause?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me

4 30.77%
  • Freind

9 69.23%

do you think this is right...

Ok, we decided to ask this on an unbiased forum so.. My partner and i run a website. I coded all of the site, he handles the paypal and writes a few small things for the site. I got home one day to him messaging me saying that he had givven my many months of coding away. he had sum1 he knows put a mirror up of my site. He just kept saying that he gave the codes, and never told me it was just a mirror of the site. I got pissed and quick changed the passwords on the server so he couldnt get the files anymore. This was about 2 weeks ago , hes threatening to shut the server down etc and saying its my fault the site is going to die, because i couldnt take his "joke" of giving away over 6 months of hard coding. Now i feel i cant trust him and wont give him access. Who do you think is responsible for the site going down?

Uh... I believe this situation calls for a bit of the ole' noggin and his friend called Common Sense?

(Hint: not you.)

From what you say it sounds like your friend is almost completely at fault here. Although there are always two sides of a story...

So on that note... blame Canada

How long was the joke being pulled? And how long have the passwords been changed?

If the joke was a couple days or so I wouldn't give him the passwords. And is this the whole story, or is there an instigator?

I refuse to believe there isn't another side to this story.
    --

From what you said your friend is an a**
    and should not be trusted with anything.
    This is a lesson to trust no-one other than yourself

Originally posted by MStar
    I refuse to believe there isn't another side to this story.
    well, obviously theres another side, his side is that it was just a joke to get over it and forget that this trust issue ever happened.

his side:

So heres the other half.....
    He played a joke on me saying the server costs were going higher by 50$, which gave me a heartattack, when told it was a joke 5-10 min later I was having a heart attack. But all is good fun, I held nothing against him. In all good humor my friend took the "View source" and pasted it on his site and said he had the codes, (in an attempt to "pay him back") the joke lasted no more than 5-10 min. before I realized he was having a heart attack himself. So I stopped, we told him he was "punk'd". Well I am the true owner of the website, been running it for about a year or so Moo is a recent addition but has done a lot in the time he has been with us. It was all good fun, now I have been passwordless for nearly 2 weeks, while he works on his new site, I can barely work on my OWN site. I dont mind he has a new site to work on, but shouldnt atleast have access to my own to work on the site while he works on his? idk but I thought a joke was a joke, only fare to pay him back. He had it coming ;-)

notes: he didnt work on the site to begin with, his joke was horribly cruel, money doesnt pay for months of work, and i got my own site cus he didnt work on our site. and the game isnt as old as he says. just pointing those out.

so he didnt really give away the code?
    just a "view source" ??

Originally posted by ilyash
    so he didnt really give away the code?
    just a "view source" ??
    no, but told me he did. part that amde me not trust him.

thats what it sounds like, I would have to say your at fault moo, sorry.

It didn't do any harm. Maybe take a joke next time, you did it to him afterall......

I would say give him password back, maybe 1/2 days w/o it but 2 weeks?
    Last edited by changer; 10-25-2004 at 09:02 PM.