VPS Provider, which one is the best?

Hi All,

I planned to lease VPS in vpscolo.com, how support that was given? Or was the VPS provider other with support that good?
    Tell me pls..

Thx.

Zulkhaery B
    @ Indonesia

VPSColo has a great reputation around here. I've never used them myself though so can't answer on the support.

I am currently using Defender Hosting for my VPS. I've also heard great things about ServInt, who've been around for ages. They were going to be my second choice.

PowerVPS.com is good. I have used them before. Wide range of control panel choices.
    Mark

How about rapidvps.com? Start $19.95 with control panel Plesk.
    Thx before

Zulkhaery
    @ Indonesia

I like a LOTTTTT PowerVps, great support, they know what they do.

By the way, PowerVPS and DefenderHosting are owned by the same company just so you know. Good luck in your search.

I was with JVDS/VPScolo when I was in the shared hosting business, and I purchase dedicated servers from them now. Their support is A++, they always have staff online, Phone Support is usually always available so emergencies are easy to resolve, and more. I recommend them highly.

powervps is the best, free clientexec and fantastico, very good suport and vps performance....

I believe servint.com has a great reputation too.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

zulkhaery,

I personally use West Host (www.westhost.com) for my VPS needs. I am very satisfied with them. I have also seen ServInt and VPSColo have good remarks here on WHT.

Richard

My VPS with Dinix has been giving me no problems so far (close to four months). Support is truly good.

GDO

Just a question, what's the main difference between a VPS and a reseller account?

A VPS is just a large Reseller account with the ability to create sub-resellers and also with more controls

servint
    dinix
    vpscolo
    jvds
    atjeu
    ---------- are good VPS PROVIDERS
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Kolkata office space lease - Posh office space available on lease in Kolkata

I would actually say a VPS is a dedicated server with less bandwidth/space and you share the server with other people, usually not many (other VPS customers). Really you have almost all the controls a dedicated box would have.
    Last edited by Lev; 10-29-2004 at 03:21 PM.

ATJEU damage my business and blamed my software for a problem they created

I had a terrible experience with ATJEU and would not recommend them to anyone.

I had a Virtual Private Server with ATJEU.

They moved it to a new machine. It started using up memory until it would freeze and crash within a few hours. They claimed that it was software on my websites, even though they worked perfectly before they moved me to the new server. Their tech support claimed that I was an incompetent programmer because I had written defective code.

I upgraded from their VPS-3 to VPS-6 package at their suggestion, thinking that if it didn't fix the problem, they would get more interested in helping me fix it.

The VPS continued to crash.

I asked what logs I could look at and was told "There are none. Look at top."

I suggested that c-panel might be the problem. Their response was that it was my software, not c-panel.

I moved to a new provider and have no problems.

The VPS continued to crash even though there was no activity on it.

I canceled the account and they refused to cancel because I had not given sufficient notice. They charged my credit card without my authorization.

Finally, they had Sw Soft look at it and discovered that it was a problem with c-panel. Turns out that they updated c-panel when they moved me to the new server and the version of c-panel had a problem with cpanellogd that causes a memory probelm.

Now, they refuse to refund my money.

I spent many hours trying to get them to fix the problem, which cost me a lot of money and caused me to lose customers.

They could have avoided the whole problem by asking SW Soft to look at the problem instead of blaming me.

After I canceled the account, they then took the trouble to look at the logs and discovered that it wasn't my websites causing the problem.

Again, they could have done this instead of blaming me. I did everything I could to help get the issue resolved.

The owner of the company is not a technical person. He took the word of his programmer instead of looking into the problem.

I might add that they were great until a problem occurred. Then, they were comletely uncooperative in getting it fixed. It is pretty obvious that if they could find the c-panel problem after I cancelled the account, they have found it much earlier.

When suggested that c-panel might be the problem, they said it wasn't c-panel - it was my software. Isn't it their responsibility to monitor c-panel issues and advise customers? Couldn't they have suggested that I update my C-Panel instead of claiming that it was my software?

I didn't want to update c-panel without ATJEU's buy-in because I didn't want to risk making the problem worse.

vpscolo.com Is pretty good.

In fact, that's where I moved from Atjeu (which gave me real problems).

VPSCOLO is very helpful and knowledgeable. I would heartily recommend them to anyone that wants a professionally run outfit.

I have had good experiances with tektonic.net (see http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=tektonic )
    Checkout www.crunzh.com for nice freeware programs. Including a program for monitoring your webserver.
    Any opinions in this post, unless otherwise noted, are my own personal opinions.

PowerVPS is the best. I´ve been there for about 4 o4 5 months and now I´ve a ded server.

Good bye

I complete the signup form at powervps.com at around 12 hours ago... and still no reply and any email with my account settings...

anyone knows how long does signup take?