Hybrid View

SpamAssassin - Message Body

I have enabled SpamAssassin in CPanel and I have also enabled the setting to rewrite subject, but I do not want SpamAssassin to add the custom message "Spam detection software, running on the system "domain.com", has identified this incoming email as possible spam... etc." in the message body. I just want from SA to rewrite the subject only. Nothing else! Is this possible?

open spamassassin_directory/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf' and locate the section:

# Default template. Try to keep it under 78 columns (inside the the dots below).
    # ........................................................................
    clear_report_template
    report Spam detection software, running on the system "_HOSTNAME_", has
    report identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
    report has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
    report similar future email. If you have any questions, see
    report _CONTACTADDRESS_ for details.
    report Content preview: _PREVIEW_
    report Content analysis details: (_HITS_ points, _REQD_ required)
    report " pts rule name description"
    report ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
    report _SUMMARY_
    # ........................................................................
    comment all report lines

I don't want the original message to be attached. I want SpamAssassin to only rewrite the subject and keep the message body intact...

Originally posted by MTG
    I don't want the original message to be attached. I want SpamAssassin to only rewrite the subject and keep the message body intact...

Found the answer - you change the "report_safe" setting in the file /share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf

By default, SpamAssassin moves the original message to an attachment. This prevents running dangerous scripting which may contain viruses and makes it easy for users to identify whether a message is spam before opening it. This option is controlled with the report_safe preference, which has three options described here:

report_safe 0 Don't Use Attachments – original message is unchanged

report_safe 1 Use Attachments – original message is encapsulated in its original format and added as an attachment (default)

report_safe 2 Use Text-only Attachments – original message is converted to text and added as an attachment