hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : SpamAssassin - Message Body

Forum Jump

SpamAssassin - Message Body

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Junior Guru

SpamAssassin - Message Body

I have enabled SpamAssassin in CPanel and I have also enabled the setting to rewrite subject, but I do not want SpamAssassin to add the custom message "Spam detection software, running on the system "domain.com", has identified this incoming email as possible spam... etc." in the message body. I just want from SA to rewrite the subject only. Nothing else! Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

open spamassassin_directory/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf' and locate the section:

Quote:
# Default template. Try to keep it under 78 columns (inside the the dots below).
# ........................................................................
clear_report_template
report Spam detection software, running on the system "_HOSTNAME_", has
report identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
report has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
report similar future email. If you have any questions, see
report _CONTACTADDRESS_ for details.
report Content preview: _PREVIEW_
report Content analysis details: (_HITS_ points, _REQD_ required)
report " pts rule name description"
report ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
report _SUMMARY_
# ........................................................................
comment all report lines

Old 10-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Junior Guru

I don't want the original message to be attached. I want SpamAssassin to only rewrite the subject and keep the message body intact...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MTG
I don't want the original message to be attached. I want SpamAssassin to only rewrite the subject and keep the message body intact...

Found the answer - you change the "report_safe" setting in the file /share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf

By default, SpamAssassin moves the original message to an attachment. This prevents running dangerous scripting which may contain viruses and makes it easy for users to identify whether a message is spam before opening it. This option is controlled with the report_safe preference, which has three options described here:

report_safe 0 Don't Use Attachments original message is unchanged

report_safe 1 Use Attachments original message is encapsulated in its original format and added as an attachment (default)

report_safe 2 Use Text-only Attachments original message is converted to text and added as an attachment

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Insecure Passwords at Hosting Provider Behind OpenSSL Website Defacement Web Hosting News 2014-01-03 15:29:53
Data Storage Corporation Acquires Message Logic Email Archiving Software Web Hosting News 2013-07-22 08:58:32
Go Daddy Super Bowl Ad to Feature .CO Domain for Third Consecutive Year Web Hosting News 2012-12-19 11:24:06
Web Host SoftLayer Launches Message Queue Service for Scalable Software System Communication Web Hosting News 2012-09-13 17:26:30
Web Hosting Talk Message Board Back Online Following DDoS Attack Web Hosting News 2012-09-12 11:59:42