Question cheapest .cc name registrar

Anybody know who's the cheapest for .cc names?

Thanks.

I don't know who's cheapest, but the price from the .cc Registry goes up by $5 on February first. Be careful if you choose someone today and don't register till February. Their prices are sure to be higher in February.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

You may consider Namezero although there are many complains about them. I don't know others' problems but my cc domain at NZ is good so far. $14.95/year and you should use other name servers(update later, NZ name servers as default during registration) than using NZ name servers or they could be down sometimes.
    By the way anyone knows the cheapest .ws domain registrar

Originally posted by InternetSon

By the way anyone knows the cheapest .ws domain registrar
    GoDaddy is $14.95 per year for .WS domain

Keep in mind that your $14.95 .cc domain may cost you $49.95 to renew next year.

Look at the total cost of ownership of your domain - not only the cost to purchase this year.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Originally posted by thewitt
    Keep in mind that your $14.95 .cc domain may cost you $49.95 to renew next year.

Look at the total cost of ownership of your domain - not only the cost to purchase this year.

-t
    Yeah, I noticed this. They have an interesting way of doing business...

First - temptation. That is either a free name (.com/.net/.org), or a drastically reduced price (.cc).

Second - screwing. After getting a free/discounted domain, you have to renew at a high price. Bottom line is that it ends up costing more than if you had just purchased the domain name at a regular registrar (directNIC) or cut-rate registrar (stargate or godaddy).

Real cute.

Anyhow, it doesn't seem as if there are any bargains out there for .cc. I've been looking, but they're all much more expensive than the old standbys (com/net/org).

Thanks.