Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

The Nationhosts Situation

Hello.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that if you are a client that has services through nationhosts there have been sent out from a "employee" of mine claiming the company will be closing. I wanted to also bring up about this Benjamin Kerensa who supposedly works for me. Nationhosts used to be run by Yazan and I (Matt Cohen) alone. We had some people that were doing freelance jobs without pay that would admin our servers and we knew them pretty well. Once one of our most popular admins had to leave we hired someone from WHT that used to go on the boards as Nova now known as NH-Benjamin. Yazan told me about the guy and he wanted to do some work which Yazan said he would give him a free game server as well as pay.

A few months later Benjamin was wanting to get heavily into the Nationhosts picture, he wanted to be on the contracts for the company and become an official employee and basically control all the operations. He had promised the company we would turn a profit as during the whole run we never really turned a profit because most of those funds were reinvested into gameservers. I worked a second job to fund Nationhosts as bills for colocation and server lease were not cheap. Benjamin said he would run the company and would not take pay even after I offered him it but rather he wanted the recognition.

Within a few months Benjamin opened up a domain registration service, I was not aware of him doing so but we figured it was just one of his multiple projects as he was going to form his own domain registration site called nameranch however Directi's API would not allow it so he kept on using the domains.nationhosts.com domain. All the funds were being processed to yazan@rogers.com paypal. Ben would constantly call me on the phone about how he was angry at Yazan and how Yazan made too low of deals. They would constantly fight and I'd normally have to get involved for them to both get along again.

During some times while we were at ethr.net I noticed there were constant outgoing DDoS attacks and Ethr would have to cap our connection resulting in hundreds of calls to the tollfree number of why speeds were going slow. I asked several times for a source IP but I never once was told by Ben who was causing it and that it would be fixed.

Benjamin decided he would become the COO for nationhosts and started getting into fights with Yazan constantly and eventually terminating him because Yazan was going to college. I told him that was my decision and that Yazan could stay but to let him do sales. Ben said it was a bad idea and started acting pretty immature over the whole situation. Eventually Yazan just got fed up and quit. Ben changed the paypal address to my personal one and Yazan sent 600.00 dollars from Directi sales. Ben also set up a citibank account which he transferred funds from my bank account to paypal to the citibank account and he did not even tell me right before the ethr.net bill was due. He said I would receive a welcome package with the account setup but I never received it. About a week later he told me that they required a 2400.00 dollar balance and originally told me it was a 1700.00 balance. He even told me that citibank would send me back the funds within 30 days but I have yet to receive them.

The last 2 weeks have been hectic. I had received a phone call from Ben saying some company called Etrade put 25,000 dollars into my account but then I called my bank they told me it was 25,000 dollars overdrawn. I noticed it was some service similar to paypal as they put deposits in your account and you have to confirm it. I soon noticed another charge from a company called Paydirect HSBC who charged me 200.00 without my authorization. I became suspiscious when I couldn't log into my bank account via internet because the password was changed and that my paypal account hadn't exsisted anymore. I tried my matt@nationhosts.com username and it said the account didn't exsist. I called paypal and asked them to look up the account Matt Cohen and they told me the new address was a bkerensa@gmail.com name. I told them that the accounts email should not have been changed and they marked on the account that it was unauthorized and that a bkerensa@nationhosts.com domain was also on the account. They closed the account and Ben called me complaining saying I had shut down his "personal" paypal account. The strange thing was paypal told me this was the nationhosts business account registered under my name.

We called back paypal and they told me that they would add matt@nationhosts.com as the main account holder again and sent me my details. We were already late on the ethr bill and there were no funds for the directi account since all the money was in this inactive citibank account, and the paypal account was closed. Well I finally got access to the account and I found a bank account added and both the citibank and my bank removed. It was a union bank and ben said he added it because he was going to help "pay" the bills. While I was busy doing some errands I received a call from ben and he called up my old business partner Yazan and accused him of stealing the domain funds and starting using racial terms towards yazan and I hung up as I did not want part of it. 4 days later my paypal account was inactive. I checked bens email which he gave me permission to and it showed that the email was changed to bkerensa@gmail.com again and that the account was closed.

I received a call from a client about his domain and he said an employee from nationhosts called him asking for his credit card number saying his order was voided and then he found all these unauthorized charges to western union etc. Benjamin told me he wrote a check to ethr to pay the bill and transferred the domain money from my paypal to his bank account however I called paypal noting I did not authorize the closing of the account and they said the account would be investigated and because of that all funds would be reversed. As soon as this happened approximately 2-3 hours later I had an amazing mass of phone calls on both my cell and homephone. The next morning I noticed all my emails weren't working and the passwords were changed. I also noticed my personal email there was an email saying Ben had no affiliation to the company and that I had never done anything for the company and that all clients should request a charge back. He also listed all my contact details with street address and even dual logged onto my aim name impersonating me. He said that I better talk to clients and that I was rude to them even hung up. He's even told me that I will most likely go to jail, be sued, and that he has contacted the IRS, Okaloosa police, told clients to contact their police, that I have stolen clients money, told me that he contacted CDG, and Ethr and both have agreed to take me to court from what he says, and that clients will be disconnected from the service as because we haven't paid the bill that ethr will pull us.

I talked to CDG, they said that everything was in the green, I had to close down my bank account due to the fraudulent charges however have a new one. I talked to ethr they said they would agree to keep me up and that I could sell my clients if I wanted to. I've even talked to clients on the phone and tried to discuss the matter with them. It seems like the biggest concern is the domains over the hosting.

I would just like to state that I do not have any of the clients money. All the money in the paypal which was about 1700 total was transferred to citibank from ben. The money was originally in my business bank account which was transferred from my account to paypal and then to Citibank without my knowledge when there was an ethr.net bill due from ben. The 600 dollars from directi was received later as yazan owned the old nationhosts paypal account and he sent the money to us. That was used to pay the ethr bill from what ben said and paypal reveresed it due to an unauthorized close of my paypal account without my permission. The only money I have is 200.00 in my new bank account which is from a reversal on the paydirect [HSBC which was a fradulent charge. As for the other money Ben claims directi sent the rest of the money to Yazan but is accusing Yazan of holding the money and not sending it to us.

I talked to Jay and Josh who both work for Ethr and they said that Ben has been very rude to them to the point they cannot stand talking to him as they are nice enough to provide support and helping us without charge, Josh thinks that Ben is bluffing as he has threatened lawsuits in the past on them and multiple businesses, and I even brought up the fact that maybe Ben has been scamming me and clients all along to transfer there money as it seems a bit odd that I would have these unauthorized charges and this client who was charged for a western union since Ben is the only person to have access to our billing information and contact information.

Ben and customers have been calling me constantly as well IMing me, I am on AIM but Ben dual logged on my AIM which he is impersonating me, he is claiming I have clients funds, he is telling them to call the police and take me to court, he is contacting the IRS saying I am avoiding wages and taxes, as well as making petty threats and constantly calling me to harass me. He has threatened to format the boxes, he has disabled access to my emails, and has even told me he has backdoored both yazan and I with VNC.

I don't know if posting this is going to make a whole lot of a difference but this is just my experience with Benjamin Kerensa, I've read some things on him how he was arrested in San Francisco on Valencia for calling in a bomb threat

http://www.sfexaminer.com/article/in...101603n_arrest
    http://www.sfexaminer.com/article/in...101603n_arrest

and I guess he used to run a company called namenerds, he is attempting to convince me that I am the one who screwed him over but I would say it's the other around. Any comments?
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"
      0 Not allowed!

Kind of what i had expected. As i posted earlier here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...99#post2569799
    MetricHost :: High Quality Affordable Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller & Shoutcast Hosting l Credit Cards and Paypal Accepted.
      0 Not allowed!

Also it should be noted that Benjamin told customers to call the police that I stole 800.00 dollars in funds. 600 dollars of those funds were from paypal. Paypal closed my account because Benjamin (who by the way was the registered email for the account since he removed me as the primary) requested it to be closed from what paypal has told me. Because of that paypal is the one who has the funds and you have all heard how paypal can hold funds up to 180 days.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

Ben has just formatted web1 and has begun deleting domains from the system.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

Can't someone stop him?

Egads that's just awful.
      0 Not allowed!

Someone help! My domains are being deleted!!!! All my domains, going, one by one, out the drain! OMG this is crazy! Im calling every organization i know, everyones gunna be arrested! OMG all my domains, gone
      0 Not allowed!

If you are interested in continuing with your business, you should
    take control of the servers and your email.

Good Luck
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants
      0 Not allowed!

All I can say is I hope people backed up their sites and stuff.

Note to self: Self.. back up yer stuff. Often. Habitually. Make it like an addiction, in addition to your other addictions.
      0 Not allowed!

He's doing all this to make it look like it's me and he gets to walk clean with money he stole and I get to take all the legal bs.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

When did "Paypal shutdown the account" become "Ben requested the account be closed"?
      0 Not allowed!

October 18th. He changed my matt@nationhosts.com password then changed his primary account to bkerensa@nationhosts.com took over the account, transferred the funds then had the account closed.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

I would start collecting every single bit of evidence including logs, ips, correspondence, etc.. everything, if I were you. I would also start look ing for an attorney.

Something to ask you.. if you new this was going on.. why have you not disallowed him access to things? Was there nothing you could do?
      0 Not allowed!

He has changed all root passwords as well, this is what he wants because now clients are going to go after me for this.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

No, I mean your story went from:

"I called paypal and asked them to look up the account Matt Cohen and they told me the new address was a bkerensa@gmail.com name. I told them that the accounts email should not have been changed and they marked on the account that it was unauthorized and that a bkerensa@nationhosts.com domain was also on the account. They closed the account and Ben called me complaining saying I had shut down his "personal" paypal account. The strange thing was paypal told me this was the nationhosts business account registered under my name."

To:

"Also it should be noted that Benjamin told customers to call the police that I stole 800.00 dollars in funds. 600 dollars of those funds were from paypal. Paypal closed my account because Benjamin (who by the way was the registered email for the account since he removed me as the primary) requested it to be closed from what paypal has told me. Because of that paypal is the one who has the funds and you have all heard how paypal can hold funds up to 180 days."
      0 Not allowed!

Let us know what we can do, this is just crazy! COO gone bad!
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe I don't know enough about these sorts of things, but if the business is yours.. why could you not have a backdoor to get into things and change it so he couldn't access it once things started to look bad? Or is that something in fables and movies?
      0 Not allowed!

NationHosts: If you really are worried, why haven't you called the datacenter and told them to unplug the servers from the network?
      0 Not allowed!

Once servers root is changed... there isnt much you can do. Matt is in a huge predicament, as well as anyone with a web hosting account and domains... almost all my domains have been deleted, and i am afraid i dont know what to do
      0 Not allowed!

Again, Why aren't you calling the server providers?
    Asking them to change the root passwords?
    Please stop posting and get to work.

It's your business, prioritize. Secure the servers. Your email,. . .
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Sheps
    No, I mean your story went from:

"I called paypal and asked them to look up the account Matt Cohen and they told me the new address was a bkerensa@gmail.com name. I told them that the accounts email should not have been changed and they marked on the account that it was unauthorized and that a bkerensa@nationhosts.com domain was also on the account. They closed the account and Ben called me complaining saying I had shut down his "personal" paypal account. The strange thing was paypal told me this was the nationhosts business account registered under my name."

To:

"Also it should be noted that Benjamin told customers to call the police that I stole 800.00 dollars in funds. 600 dollars of those funds were from paypal. Paypal closed my account because Benjamin (who by the way was the registered email for the account since he removed me as the primary) requested it to be closed from what paypal has told me. Because of that paypal is the one who has the funds and you have all heard how paypal can hold funds up to 180 days."
    What happened on that day was paypal was having problems, I attempted to login to the account but it said the account didn't exsist. I gave paypal a call saying for some reason I couldn't access my account and they asked me to verify the bank they told me that it didn't match and there was some union bank on there. I told them the account was hijacked and they said it would be closed. Later ben called me saying the account was closed because of me. Paypal had told me it was my account not bens yet for some reason they did close bens account. I called them with ben, ben verified the account and they said the primary paypal address was a bkerensa@gmail.com email, I changed mine to the primary address and there was 600.00 in the account. About 4 days later (yesterday) I could not access the account and I was told ben transferred the money out of the account to his checking account before changing the email and closing the account and he said it was to pay ethr. I called paypal told them I never authorizeed them to close it and they told me that the funds would be reversed so ben wrote an email saying I tried to scam him and then wrote to clients that nationhosts would be shutting down. Basically he's playing "revenge" on me. He's been scamming me all alone as well as customers to get their details and mine to try to transfer the money to a western union company and other companys similar to paypal so he could run with the customers money and leave me in legal trouble
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

yes, please do so!
      0 Not allowed!

metrichost: There is alot you can do:

Get htem to null route the server IP Addresses
    Physically unplug the servers
    Block Ben's IP at the router
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Dan Sheppard ~ Freelance whatever
      0 Not allowed!

I contacted the company there was no response I attempted to get the root passwords changed but it was too late.
    Nationhosts, LLC
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Sheps
    NationHosts: If you really are worried, why haven't you called the datacenter and told them to unplug the servers from the network?
    Good catch. That would be a good idea. It would have been a good idea from the start of things going bad.

Someone should write an article regarding these issues in terms for aa webhost and in terms of a webmaster. Like a list of things to do in case of: a), b), c),....

Pulling the plug is most likely one of the most overlooked answers but yet one of the simplest.
      0 Not allowed!

Nation, did you have 1 server only ?
    Was your domain hosted on it? looks down.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast