Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

English Essay Topic Suggestions

Ok, I have to write a persuasive speech [2-3 min]
    On some topic.

Anyone have any suggestions on the topics?

Sports-Baseball
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

Does what you are trying to persuade the people into believing have to be true?

If not, convince the classroom that you are Abraham Lincoln's reincarnation. That would be interesting to hear.

How about politics? ...Though it may be a bit of a touchy subject..and could turn into a heated debate.

(by the way, this is my first post...hello everyone!)

Hi Bryan..

thanks for the suggestions guys..
    It doesnt have to be true..
    I would also like it to be a little humorous.. [to not bore the class]

But i need content.. so i cant make them think im Abe lol

I think many others will do politics.. so im looking for an original idea.

I like radical ideas.. so all are aprreciated..
    thanks again.

Convince the class that the world is going to end in less than a year.

sounds interesting.. what evidence can i provide ?

Well, there has been a great deal of natural disasters going on lately. I think i read something about some part of africa being invaded by a sworm of locusts.. and then there are all the hurricaines going around, and the fact that a great majority of the world hates us, and you could probably find some way of concluding that president bush is satan, and that some prophecy in the bible says satan will show up proclaiming he is jesus, and.. yeah, there are alot of signs.

You could write an essay explaining why America Online Sucks. That should be easy.

eh.. Rob.. that wouldnt be interesting...

Ub3r.. this is an assignment.. i cant bs..

I need to persuade them to beleive in some way..
    the world ending was good.. but i really need a topic with more examples.

I did one one why I shouldn't do a speech....worked well
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Personally I think a speech about your religious faith, i.e. attempting to persuade others to consider your religion (whatever that may be; I personally am "agnostic" atm) would make for an interesting debate. Although it may get a little touchy with some of the more sensitive kids whose religion is already well-established and evident (i.e. those who wear large crosses about their necks).

SniperDevil.. i am also athiest..
    I thought about that.. but See.. i already did that many times in my class lol..

Like i had to write a reaction to "John Edwards" speech "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" [google it] [As an audience member of the speech]

And i converted it to the reaction of an athiest puritan.. it was great.

YUPAPA.. thanks lol

Originally posted by ilyash
    SniperDevil.. i am also athiest..
    I thought about that.. but See.. i already did that many times in my class lol..

Like i had to write a reaction to "John Edwards" speech "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" [google it] [As an audience member of the speech]

And i converted it to the reaction of an athiest puritan.. it was great.

YUPAPA.. thanks lol
    Hmm, well...

I have an idea! This is a serious one too. Try and convince everyone to each give you $5. Honestly, this would prove to be a very humorous and effective speech if pulled off correctly. You never know, you might be able to get people to do what you say if you articulate your rhetoric well.

That is quite a good idea.. both scholasticly[sp?] and economically lol

What can I use to support it?

Persuade them that there is life on other planets and/or that they are visiting us.

Given that the Big Bang theory is true. Then all stellar bodies were once connected to each other, much like the continents of Earth were once connected.
    Now since Life sprang forth on our planet, it is only logical to conclude that Life would in fact spring up on another planet under similiar conditions as well.
    Further, we also know that reptiles were the first species here on Earth. Again, since all stellar bodies were once one, it is only logical to conclude that reptilian life began elsewhere as well, probably about the same time as it did on Earth.
    Unfortunately, the Earth was struck by an asteroid, killing off most life on the planet. From an evolutionary perspective, this was a setback of hundreds of thousands, even millions of years before our current form (man) would rise to species domination.
    However, consider that other planet. If it hadn't been hit by an asteroid, and evolution continued unchecked for them, they would be millions of years more advanced than us.
    Given such an advantage, not only would they be technologically capable of instellar travel, probably to a degree that we have yet to fathom, but they woul dalso have had ample time mathetically/statistically locate existance and Life on worlds other than their own, quite feasibly discovering Life here on Earth.
    Once they discovered life here on Earth, it also quite logical to assume that would come back from time to time to see how our evolution is progressing, if not for anything else, but their own equivelant of palentological(sp?) curiousity.

Yeah, sounds strange I know...but think about...it's a least remotely possible, isn't it?

(make sure you nod your head when you ask the question - it's an old sales technique)

Good Luck

BTW - it is possible, isn't it?

That is quite a good idea.. both scholasticly[sp?] and economically lol

What can I use to support it?
    Perhaps you can provide them evidence that their money will assist with the rebuilding and revamping of the economy. Simply explain basic economic principles: What were they going to do with their money anyways, besides spending it on little goodies after school such as Coke or M&Ms? Those things aren't healthy anyways and if they really want to help the economy, they should really invest in it! Tell them that by simply pooling their $5 together and handing it to you, you will reinvest it in a "worthwhile" cause, that will in effect decrease inflation and dramatically help local business flourish. Tell them the facts: that the school board who gets most of the money from your vending machine doesn't need it, and they'll only re-invest it in the schools. Who needs better equipment in schools? All kids care about is 2:20, the time when they are free and school has long left their short memories.

These are just a few of the widely applicable reasons you can provide to your class. I'm sure you will be successful to many extents, let alone getting an A, let alone getting $5 x 25.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    Perhaps you can provide them evidence that their money will assist with the rebuilding and revamping of the economy. Simply explain basic economic principles: What were they going to do with their money anyways, besides spending it on little goodies after school such as Coke or M&Ms? Those things aren't healthy anyways and if they really want to help the economy, they should really invest in it! Tell them that by simply pooling their $5 together and handing it to you, you will reinvest it in a "worthwhile" cause, that will in effect decrease inflation and dramatically help local business flourish. Tell them the facts: that the school board who gets most of the money from your vending machine doesn't need it, and they'll only re-invest it in the schools. Who needs better equipment in schools? All kids care about is 2:20, the time when they are free and school has long left their short memories.

These are just a few of the widely applicable reasons you can provide to your class. I'm sure you will be successful to many extents, let alone getting an A, let alone getting $5 x 25.
    Eh.. it doesnt sound right asking for money lol..
    and 2:20.. damn..
    i get out at 3 lol

And
    besides spending it on little goodies after school such as Coke or M&Ms
    Couldnt they apply that argument to me? lol

Eh.. it doesnt sound right asking for money lol..
    and 2:20.. damn..
    i get out at 3 lol

And

Couldnt they apply that argument to me? lol
    It's just the principle of asking. For all I care, you can hand it back after class is over. I just thought it would earn you a great grade and be lots of fun.

They technically could apply that argument to you under normal circumstances. However, by no means are these circumstances normal. After all, you are trying to help the economy, not your school board, aren't you?

thanks for the suggestion.. i will keep it in mind..

any other suggestions?

i need some ideas!!!

thanks for the suggestion.. i will keep it in mind..

any other suggestions?

i need some ideas!!!
    Don't like my aliens theory? *sniff*

how about "why shouldnt you give this speech"
    ask your instructor for permission before working on that... if you could it pull it off you would really impress the instructor

Do it on Affirmative Action and its legal power.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Ok, here is the most important and VERY informative topic.

"Knowledge and Information"

I really recommend to do search/research on this topic and if you choose this one, please send me a soft-copy of your speach too; please .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast