Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get sprays where the primary ingredient in permithrin. It is made from crushed daisies. Harmless to mammals, but deadly to all insects. Spray right before going to bed as I have found it's most effective when still wet. Once it's dry, it doesnt affect roaches much. When I spray, I get up about 3AM, leave the lights off, and go thru the house spraying. I do that about once every 6 months, and it's pretty darned effective.

Dont use two different kinds of raoch sprays, they will counter each other out. Those of you who keep trying different kinds, but keep seeing more and more roaches, that's why....you are countering out your chemicals effectiveness.

So california (los angeles area) is much much less humid than florida right? I lived there for 3 years when I was about 12 yrs old so I don't really remember.

I know the average dew point in FL is usually at around 75 which is extremely humid. After being outside for an hour my hair frizzies and goes completely limp and glues itself to my head because of the humidity.

I think california's dew point is normally around 55 or 60, not sure? I can't take the humidity.

EDIT: Oh yeah I use that botanical spray which is made of the plants extracts and supposedly less toxic to kill roaches.

I am moving to Florida next year into a townhouse we bought a while back, and I have to admit if I see even one roach it will probably be back to Boston for me and the wife.. you guys make is sound like such a common this it kind of scares me..

Roaches have always grossed me out and when my wife was younger she stay with her grandmother (in florida) and she pured cereal one day and there were roaches in it, then they went to make some of that cheapo Jiffy muffin mix and a few roaches had gotten in there so as you can imagine she is just as grossed out by them.

It is different up here in the north and we looks at roaches as something found only in crack houses and very very filthy living conditions where as down there is it just the optimal living enviorment for them.

Originally posted by OKIHost
    I am moving to Florida next year into a townhouse we bought a while back, and I have to admit if I see even one roach it will probably be back to Boston for me and the wife.. you guys make is sound like such a common this it kind of scares me..

Roaches have always grossed me out and when my wife was younger she stay with her grandmother (in florida) and she pured cereal one day and there were roaches in it, then they went to make some of that cheapo Jiffy muffin mix and a few roaches had gotten in there so as you can imagine she is just as grossed out by them.

It is different up here in the north and we looks at roaches as something found only in crack houses and very very filthy living conditions where as down there is it just the optimal living enviorment for them.
    Roaches are common everywhere. As long as you keep your home clean, and have your semi-annual/annual sprays you'll be fine. Here in Miami, FL I don't see roaches ever.... except outside at school or something where it's not as well kept or older buildings.

Chickens! I've dealt with these before and its time to call the exterminators. This is the best way as it protects against them. I hate roaches... especially the water roaches that fly. When it rains they come out from under the house and I had 3 of them fly at me and one hit me in the face, so I thought its shoe squashing time and solved the problem. I hate when they crawl on me because it makes me freak out.
    Kerry Jones

Just move somewhere up north, in a landlocked place (eg. Edmonton). I live in Denver, CO, which solves both the humidity and heat problems. However, 100% humidity and 99% humidity does happen in the winter once in a while, when everything gets snowed in. At other times, it's lower than 20%. You should just make deal with one of those things that draws out humidity from the air. California's humidity is good for most people. I go there often (always change planes there, have many relatives there), and it is without a question way better than Florida. The only exception is, they do construction work in the middle of the day, and you never find straight roads anywhere in California. While at Florida, do bad pranks with the humidity. Turn a humidifier to 100% and send it outwards, install one of those illegal swamp coolers.

It's not the humidty inside my house that bothers me of course. That's no problem at all... it's the humidty and heat outside and there's nothing you can do about that.

But I really prefer califonia and will someday move back when I can

It's also called Orkin or Terminix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12