hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

Forum Jump

Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

For the past entire week I keep seeing baby cockroaches in my house. They are very small and I've killed about 10 of them already. I think some damned cockroach layed eggs in my house and I'm really freaking out.

My house is bare empty and super duper clean, I don't understand what they are doing here! Disgusting.

I want to move back to califnornia. California isn't nearly as humid as florida is it? Maybe california has less roaches. I lived there for 3 years when I was little so I don't really remember. I'm thinking of moving back someday... I'm sick of this sticky humid floridian swampland.

Sponsored Links
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

I've noticed spiders everywhere -- big ones, small ones, paper thin ones. Inside and outside the house, sometimes even in my car! Nasty. This evening, I was walking down to my basement when I saw this multi-legged creature (I'm not quite remembering what they call 'em). Yuck.

JP

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Spiders are cool. I don't mind them in the house at all. They take care of the other bugs. But roaches...hate 'em.

Frosty, try combat roach gel (I think it's combat). It's this gel in a syringe type tube that you put around the house. Within a few days, all dead roaches.

It's the only thing that works for me and I'm a Florida native.

*Fully Scalable --- We're the last host you'll need

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Host :)

I heard roaches are a big problem in florida if you do not spray on a regular schedule, my aunt pulled up her W/W carpet a few months ago and was infested and she is a neurotic cleaner.

Old
Retired Moderator

Baby cockroaches inside the house is ok, I have baby cockroaches inside my cup. I teach u a way to get rid of them, after I stop washing my cup for about 9 months, no cockroach dare go in, very effective insect repellant.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I have been getting them everyonce in awhile. Found out the houses around me were doing some bug sprays, hence them running for cover over to my house Got the bug man out, barely see them around anymore.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Put sections of duct tape (duck tape) in your cabinets and other places with the sticky side up. By accident, I discovered this works. I had thrown some stuff under the sink, one board had a piece of tape sticking out on it. Couple of weeks later when I looked under the sink, there were tons of baby roaches stuck to it. They were still alive, just looking up at me with those big pleading eyeballs on antennaes, so I sprayed them with permithrin

Old
Web Hosting Master

hhaha, nice work!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Webdude
Put sections of duct tape (duck tape) in your cabinets and other places with the sticky side up. By accident, I discovered this works. I had thrown some stuff under the sink, one board had a piece of tape sticking out on it. Couple of weeks later when I looked under the sink, there were tons of baby roaches stuck to it. They were still alive, just looking up at me with those big pleading eyeballs on antennaes, so I sprayed them with permithrin
best way if duck tape works, then buy a whole bunch of those sticky pads they use to trap mice in. My friend has some in his dad's 'wharehouse' and I accidentally stepped on one, took a little time to get off.

Old
Web Hosting Master

They get in the house from the perimeter, so treat the perimeter with pesticide once a month.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Those little black roach traps work pretty well

Old
Web Hosting Master

Re: Baby cockroaches in my house... yuck!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frosty
For the past entire week I keep seeing baby cockroaches in my house. They are very small and I've killed about 10 of them already. I think some damned cockroach layed eggs in my house and I'm really freaking out.
What you're seeing is only a fraction of what you actually have.

If you want to get rid of them for good, drop me a PM and I'll tell you what you need to do.

-Bob

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Just stay away from hot and humid areas and live in cold and dry areas. I haven't seen even an ant for a long time here. No bugs or anything are a problem here. I would simply recommend you to move back to California. Florida isn't a very good place to live in my opnion.

Old
Community Leader

Heh, yeah the little buggers get annoying. But I have noticed there are never any middle size roaches, so the babies must die or head outdoors before they grow up. It is building up to the wet season here now, so I guess I'll be seeing more soon.

Old
Retired Moderator

Chinese eat cockroaches also, if in China , will know why you cant find medium size ones. I heard when roasted , the paste inside the cockroach body taste heavenly. Anyone want to try?

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
US House Moves to Ban Internet Access Taxes Web Hosting News 2014-07-16 11:11:35
The WHIR returns to Pravda Vodka House in Toronto for Networking Event Blog 2014-04-16 16:41:32
House Passes CISPA in 288-127 Vote Web Hosting News 2013-04-19 16:42:06
House Intelligence Committee Hopes to Revive Original CISPA Web Hosting News 2013-02-11 17:38:54
Green House Data Expands Cloud Hosting Service into New Jersey Web Hosting News 2012-12-13 11:16:47