Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you take only Paypal?, read this

Recently, I have found having to pay several services related to my hosting business with Paypal:
    Third party web design
    Web templaes

However I don´t have a Paypal account. So I had to go with some friends with Paypal accounts who live in USA and ask them for paying the bills for me.

I wonder if there a lot of people with this problem. I don´t want to ask favors all the time... Please if you want to sell worldwide, and WHT allows this, choose another method. Paypal is too limited, make an
    effort and choose also 2checkout or IKobo at least for cases like me.

Which country are you in?
    Paypal services are there in almost all the countries
    Primary email: advanced dot programmer at gmail dot com ..

superprogram,

actually there are many countries paypal does not cover, unlike ikobo, but anyways paypal is assumed as the most popular and reliable.

I am Peru, and it is not supported by Paypal

We are our president is friend of Bush (that is what they both say)
    but Paypal is not supported

Last I heard bush wan't affiliated with paypal! heh

Originally posted by UnifiedNet
    Last I heard bush wan't affiliated with paypal! heh

If I want to do business in internet, firstable I check their payment system, if they only use PayPal, I look for another.

Originally posted by dannybedor

If I want to do business in internet, firstable I check their payment system, if they only use PayPal, I look for another.
    I completely agree with this (and do the same). I live in South Africa, and Paypal is not accepted. I will not do business (can't either) with a company that only accepts Paypal.

Yes I have to agree with annybedor. If they dont have any other type of forum of payment then most likely their some kiddie running the host.

Originally posted by revve
    I will not do business (can't either) with a company that only accepts Paypal.
    I can but also won't do business with a provider or reseller who only offers PayPal.

PayPal has serious flaws but not so much for the buyer but even worse for the seller. Where if a person buys from PayPal using their credit card the buyer can file chargeback with credit card and recieve full refund, paypal will charge the seller another $10 if he/she decides to fight it and 99% of the time lose. It is a very unreliable method though I would reccomend it if you know the person that you are conducting business with.

Where if a person buys from PayPal using their credit card the buyer can file chargeback with credit card and recieve full refund, paypal will charge the seller another $10 if he/she decides to fight it and 99% of the time lose. It is a very unreliable method though I would reccomend it if you know the person that you are conducting business with.
    Do you know that 2CO charges $29/chargeback and the chances of disputing the chargeback is also 99.x%? So far the only way to dispute the chargeback is contact the buyer to clear things up. That's the only way. Or else, it is still a waste of time to argue with them.

The conclusion? You can't judge PayPal is bad according to the ease of handling chargeback

Thank you.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

I can't use paypal and therefore can't do business with companies that only offer payment via that means. Its has been known for me to pay more to use other payment methods.
    No matter how good I am, I'm going to die.
    www.falklands.info

You guys are making stuff worse 4 me lol.. i was just thinking of having only paypal.. but.. i guess.. i am going 2 look for some other payment method... not just paypal.. so i have atleast 2.. damn.

2checkout.. is good but cost 49 bucks :p

Re: Do you take only Paypal?, read this

[i] Paypal is too limited, make an
    effort and choose also 2checkout or IKobo at least for cases like me. [/B]
    Make an effort and accept other currencies !!!!!

Doesn't PayPal support like 40 countries? I think PayPal pretty much covers a large enough market for me...

Paypal does not support my country.

Thanks God, I don´t need to make business with you.

Many of our clients buy from us because we take paypal as our primary payment method and we're anything but kids.

wanna know my story regarding paypal!

i own a site n have clicksor ads on my site.. after a month i got payment from clicksor on my paypal id.
    i'm not in us n i don't have cc either..
    while making my paypal id i read all those terms n helps related with paypal n found that i could accept any amount of payment but only can send 100$ till i'm verified member.
    then i thought.. why not try paypal afterall i could shop on ebay or do paypal related payment..till my 100$ balance exists..

after i received the payment from clicksor in paypal i tried to accept it..
    then it asked me to enter cc or US bank account..to receive payment
    hahah i didn't have any!
    i ask for support from paypal.. but they didn't replied even in 4 days
    at last i deny the payment..
    Later i got mail from them.. saying that i cannot accept any
    amount send by credit card!(which i didn't cared while siging up)

maybe u can accept money in paypal if its sent from paypal balance or bank balance and can use that money for paypal payment.. i'm not sure for that..
    cannot receive from cedit card payment till we're verified

so guys if u not in US or in those 40 country listed or don't have cc

paypal is not for you!

Paypal has enough members to sustain small web hosting businesses who wish to focus on that particular market. If you don't mind slightly limiting your scope of opportunity in exchange for the convenience of only accepting Paypal, that should be up to the host. If a potential customer doesn't like it...no problem, just find another host.

Why not tryout IKOBO

I Think the only solution is using ikobo.com they are recognised in more than 170 countries they have a simple logic any user signed up is provided with an ikobo visa card and you can withdraw the amount with a charge of $1.50 per trancation this is great i live in india i love using this service.

Originally posted by KKHost.Net
    Do you know that 2CO charges $29/chargeback and the chances of disputing the chargeback is also 99.x%? So far the only way to dispute the chargeback is contact the buyer to clear things up. That's the only way. Or else, it is still a waste of time to argue with them.

The conclusion? You can't judge PayPal is bad according to the ease of handling chargeback

Thank you.
    troof! other charge even more for chargeback and you still can't win.

Hmm... Seems like iKoBo is an alternative.

after i received the payment from clicksor in paypal i tried to accept it..
    then it asked me to enter cc or US bank account..to receive payment
    hahah i didn't have any!
    i ask for support from paypal.. but they didn't replied even in 4 days
    at last i deny the payment..
    Later i got mail from them.. saying that i cannot accept any
    amount send by credit card!(which i didn't cared while siging up)
    This is correct. I happen to have an approach with such a case when i'm using CC to send money to a customer's paypal account for refunds, only to find out he's got a personal account from paypal thus can't receive any CC payment.

Despite numerous complains and horror stories about paypal, but well, there's no doubt they take much of the market share, and being the most popular online banking method thus far. This cannot be changed in a dawn or dusk unless something real bad happened to them, which is unlikely since the downtime and horror stories didn't manage to get them down. It's just something we have to accept just like cPanel being buggy yet the most popular in the industry by both host and end user.

Ikobo sounds like an alternative, but i guess a payment gateway is still a fundamental thing in operating a business online. But so far, i guess paypal is enough for me.

I would not recommend paypal as your primary payment gateway since most people like to have a reputable company backing you up when it comes to payments. Not saying that Paypal is not reputable

However paypal as a backup payment gateway is acceptable in my books, we have often considered it as a secondary payment gateway but we have never had the need for it.

Currently we use www.WorldPay.com, brilliant and reliable payment gateway, however not sure how many countries it’s acceptable in.
    Tariq Ahmed
    NetspaceOnline.net - Reliable UK Web Site Hosting & Business Web Hosting Solutions!
    • NSDomains.net - Our Dedicated Domain Registration & Management Portal!
    • Ecommerce Web Hosting • UK Web Hosting Reseller Solutions • UK Web Host • Plesk Control Panel

It is true that paypal did a great work. When I start to sell and buy my stuff in ebay , I felt it is really a fancy toy, you do not need to worry about your credit card fraud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast