Don't buy SSL 9.99 from Registerfly!

Hi,

I bought a 9.99 ssl certificate from registerfly, and it was a total disaster. The urls for setting the ssl for IIS 5 were broken, and after I payed them with paypal, it sent me to a continuation page, where half the urls were broken on. So then I exitted the page, went back to my account, and it said I never purchased the ssl. So I ticket them saying i payed via paypal, all of their support staff answered me quickly, saying that I have to ask the ssl department, so I ticket the ssl department/ payment department about 6 times for a refund, and still no answer. I bought it 1 month ago, no answer, nothing. Whenever I call them thtey tell me to ticket the payment department.

Pretty much they stole my money. So I suggest not to get the SSLcertificates from them. I was stupid enough to fall for the 9.99 cheap trick. They also mentioned it works with 98% browsers, but didn't mention the browser names, how do they pull that kind of number, 98%?

Dispute it with Paypal. Log in and click on "Resolution Center".

Yeah, file it with PayPal.
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

Contact support@UnifiedNames.com and include your transaction ID from PayPal, they'll probably take care of it. The problems arise from you not continuing on the payment page, so the payment details were never submitted to their automated system. There's probably nothing wrong with the actual certificates.

They also mentioned it works with 98% browsers, but didn't mention the browser names, how do they pull that kind of number, 98%?
    They probably come up with that number the same way as all other SSL providers do... for example http://www.freessl.com .

- Matt
    Last edited by mainarea; 10-10-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Ya probably just a system glitch. Contact them and if no resolution contact paypal.

good luck any way you go.

They also provide toll free support at 1-866-4regfly or 973-736-2545, give them a call
    Domain Maven

Paypal is being ddosed this weekend. Probably part of your problem...

off-topic

Originally posted by sightz
    Paypal is being ddosed this weekend.
    I'm surprised it happened only now...

Originally posted by sightz
    Paypal is being ddosed this weekend. Probably part of your problem...
    No, it's a "software upgrade" that brought it to a halt. See Slashdot or Google news:

Paypal Grinds To A Halt
    After a 'Monthly Software Update', it appears that PayPal started having problems. There were reports all weekend of troubles, and as of Monday night here, I can't access it at all (connection time out). One user even reported that his PayPal Debit card was getting refused!" A message on the site now says the site is expected to be back at 8:10 PM PDT, not long from now.

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/10/12/0255227.shtml
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

Originally posted by luki
    No, it's a "software upgrade" that brought it to a halt. See Slashdot or Google news:
    he's right