hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Web Host Required.

Forum Jump

Web Host Required.

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2004, 11:50 AM

Web Host Required.

Hey
I am looking for a new hosting company for our website. I am looking for a hosting company which has a nice customer service 24 hr, has less than 0% down time, with a dedicated server. We are an e-commerce site with more than 5000 pages and with more than 300000 hits a month.

I want to know if anyone knows really good hosting company which is reliable. Any suggestion from webhosting guru's which hosting company to pick? It will be a great help.

thanks
Deepak

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2004, 11:59 AM

you could start with the host quote function first??
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Old 10-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Retired Moderator

How do you have less than 0% downtime? If you want a host with 100% uptime, you basically have to build redundancy into everything. Is that the level you are looking at?

Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2004, 12:49 PM

Hey
I was jus tkidding when i said less than 0% down time, what i meant was the lowest downtime.
If anyone know a hosting company really good that will be great.
thanks

Old 10-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
We are an e-commerce site with more than 5000 pages and with more than 300000 hits a month.
If possible you should post the actual space and data transfer usage. Accurately determining space out of the number of pages or data transfer out of the number of hits is virtually impossible for us.

Also, the gurus you've mentioned (most of which run hosting companies of their own) are not allowed to recommend their own companies, nor companies that they did not have direct experience with.

Perhaps a few hosting customers will recommend you the hosts that they're happy with.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:24 PM

Hey
Well the minimum stats which I am looking for is as follows:

Operating System Linux Redhat 7 series or 8 ( I dont have idea which one is better)

Processor P4 atleast 2500 Mhz speed

Ram Atleast 1 GB

Hard Drive 1 or 2 size 48 GB

Bandwidth Atleast 400-500 GB

Now this is the apporximation, anyone who knows a server real good and can have these things is great. I know hosting company which has all these but i want to know reliable one which has good customer service and where downtown is minimal and where the severs run fast.
Thanks for help guys

Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

From those specs I'm assuming you are looking for VPS or dedicated? If so, uptime of the box itself relies on how well it's maintained. Network wise, NAC, TP, Ev1, etc. all have very good uptime stats.

Old 10-05-2004, 02:10 PM

Thanks GideonX for the suggestion.

Old 10-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Well does anyone knows the URL of the hosintg website which are in USA. I am looking to host with the company in USA.
Also if someone can let me know the url of the following hosting companies: Network wise, NAC, TP, Ev1

Old 10-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Location = SoapBox

Hi dskaushik,

We procure our dedicated servers through www.haloserve.net and have been very happy with their service.

Hope this helps...

**EDIT - www.haloserve.net is located in Canada, but their servers are all in the US

Old 10-05-2004, 06:27 PM

I've said it before I'll say it again.

I host all my sites here :

http://www.ServerProvider.com and are very happy with them.
They are Sandiego California based.

check out their dedicated server deals at :
http://www.serverprovider.com/dedicated.html

Old 10-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Community Leader

Scott33, you seem to recommend them a lot, maybe it is time to list some of the sites you have with them.

Old 10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

I would suggest you get two dedicated servers with the following specs:

Intel P4 2.8 GHz
FreeBSD, Fedora, or Trustix
1GB RAM
2x40GB HD's in RAID1
OC-48 backbone

That should be about what you need. AMD 2800+ servers would also work, but P4's are supposed to be more reliable. As for your thing about Linux, it sounds like you don't know much about it. RH7/8 are discountinued and very insecure. There are many good Linux distros existing, but I would recommend Fedora or Trustix. Fedora is basically RH continued on and secured way better. Trustix is basically a branch off RH6 or something, but it's very swift and secure. As for FreeBSD, that's what Yahoo, Netcraft, Google, and many other popular sites run off of as it handles loads well, even though it's not Linux. As for RAID1, that's for redundancy.

As for the company, I highly recommend LiquidWeb to do this, as I use their network (resold), and it was both the fastest and most reliable I've ever used. Heard their tech support is also good, but I've never used them myself.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
Scott33, you seem to recommend them a lot, maybe it is time to list some of the sites you have with them.

Sure thing, not a problem.
But my sites are adult sites , so If you dont mind me posting links to such content I'll be more than glad to get some webmaster traffic to my sites

Old 10-06-2004, 02:19 AM
Community Leader

Feel free to PM them to me

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Host Alive Listing 2014-04-17 05:33:03
Host Virtual Offers Hosting Customers DDoS Protection by Black Lotus Web Hosting News 2013-01-28 17:24:24
New Internet Censorship Law in Russia Requires Web Hosts, ISPs to Block Illegal Websites Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 12:06:43
PaaS Developer Jelastic Launches App Packaging Service for Application Hosting Web Hosting News 2012-09-26 11:20:08
Binero Brings Greenpeace Parody Site Online After Previous Host Shuts it Down Web Hosting News 2012-06-13 13:16:03