Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: EZZI vs HE.NET

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    82

    EZZI vs HE.NET

    Hi guys, I'm not going to fool around on the forum to just get who is better than who. I know there's no BEST thing.

    However, I really want to know YOUR thoughts about those two datacenters.

    EZZI is cheaper for sure, but I'm not sure if they're reliable. And also, I would like to know EZZI and HE.NET's connection speed to Asia as most of our clients are in Asia.

    I did search the forum already, but still would like to know more about them.

    Any comment would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    ezzi is east coast isn't it?
    he.net is west coast. your asian customers will probably have lower pings with a west coast network than east coast. correct me if i am wrong?
    http://www.eonservers.com - Cheap Reliable and Quality game servers!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Posts
    884
    can't compare ezzi and HE. ezzi purchases bandwidth from different providers.
    To answer your question, you'd probably get better routing through Ezzi though. they also have peering with HE.
    Ben S.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    376

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by TheTrance
    can't compare ezzi and HE. ezzi purchases bandwidth from different providers.
    To answer your question, you'd probably get better routing through Ezzi though. they also have peering with HE.
    Why can't you? Both sell servers with their own network...I would go with ezzi over HE though. HE has a single connection, which if it goes down, it's all down whereas ezzi has several providers (good ones at that).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Posts
    884
    Originally posted by RaineTech
    Why can't you? Both sell servers with their own network...I would go with ezzi over HE though. HE has a single connection, which if it goes down, it's all down whereas ezzi has several providers (good ones at that).

    Because HE is a bandwidth provider while Ezzi has peering through HE
    Ben S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    376
    Originally posted by TheTrance
    Because HE is a bandwidth provider while Ezzi has peering through HE


    EZZI doesn’t peer through HE, HE and EZZI peer with each other. This arguable makes both companies on the same level as tier 2. HE is bigger network wise though.

    EZZI is also a bandwidth provider, just smaller than HE.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    321
    if you want the best connection for asia clients though, you havta go with west coast then. No doubt the pings will be much lower and they will get much better speed. I can transfer files from asia to california at 5000k/s . ive never even come close to that to the east coast no matter what datacenter i pull to.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    311
    while ezzi.net might sell "t3's, t1's & "oc3s" they dont have a private network which extends throughout the nation. they lease lines/fiber from different providers.

    HE.NET on the other hand has its own true-global network & the ability to provide much larger sums of bandwidth as their network is more equipt to do so.

    as far as the question here goes though, speeds to your customers in asia is dependent on how you want your stuff setup. If you want a single homed provider that is on the west coast then HE.NET in san jose(lowest rates out of all HE.NET DC's) if u want redudency though, id go with EZZI as they have multiple carriers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    209
    HE is bigger than EZZI. I would compare HE to Peer1 with not so many POPs. Also, NAC.

    Nice to see "RaineTech" spreading factual information around the forums again.
    Linux System Admin & Support.
    E-mail/MSN : [email protected]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Under the sea
    Posts
    4,208
    From personal experience, EZZI sucks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,571
    Hello, from personal experience EZZI rocks.

    cheers


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    82
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for your replies.

    I did a traceroute as suggested, similar results for EZZI and HE.NET.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by tehtech
    HE is bigger than EZZI. I would compare HE to Peer1 with not so many POPs. Also, NAC.

    Nice to see "RaineTech" spreading factual information around the forums again.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. HE uses a lot of williams bandwidth (which is NOT their own). Both companies are similar. HE is obviously much larger in terms of sheer size, but ezzi is larger at dedicated servers. The information you posted had nothing to do with what I posted earlier. The poster was trying to determine which network was better for his hosting. Both HE and ezzi have networks and both HE and ezzi sell dedicated servers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    61
    Hurricane Electric (HE.NET) is a big bandwith provider. You say, it is single, what if it goes down? Why it should? It even has pop locations at Europe. I never had a network downtime since 4+ months (since I got my server here exactly) with he.net

    ezzi is good but, you can't trust them
    he.net is more people friendly. They don't shutdown your server immediately like theplanet/servermatrix does.
    if you go with he.net, you'll take less risks for sure.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Why does it matter how many datacenters they have? 1&1 has 4 datacenters, and they are a bandwidth provider, but I know for a fact you wouldn't say they're the same thing as HE, because it seems different, the markets they target. Why can't you trust ezzi? They have thousands of customers, many of which are a part of WHT and do say they enjoy the service.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    82
    Now I add Savvi to my list.

    Guys, how is Savvi like?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Posts
    884
    Originally posted by RaineTech
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. HE uses a lot of williams bandwidth (which is NOT their own). Both companies are similar. HE is obviously much larger in terms of sheer size, but ezzi is larger at dedicated servers. The information you posted had nothing to do with what I posted earlier. The poster was trying to determine which network was better for his hosting. Both HE and ezzi have networks and both HE and ezzi sell dedicated servers.
    HE has more of a global network while EZZI does not. Thats good enough for me not to compare them.
    Ben S.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    699
    I like EZZI (not that i have tried HE.net).

    There network is fast, but they seem to have a lot of additional charges if something goes wrong, which is a little off putting.

    They have 24/7 live support via a chat box (i know they are always there, even at 3AM there time, i'm in the UK).
    Andrew Thomas

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    325
    Well based on the research on Ezzi i did on the forums this is what i get back:

    Ezzi.net? How good are they? ( A Must Read)

    Ezzi 1 Month Review

    Our Very positive Ezzi.net Experience

    I personally experienced some issues with ezzi, however it wasnt their fault and nor could they of prevented the DDOS attacks, however they seemed to get some nice DDOS protection systems in place so i doubt thats an issue any longer.

    The results i get back on HE are:

    Request for Opinions: Hurricane Electric?

    hurricane electric or Ipower or ******

    Also when i signed up with Ezzi they had a test program for 1 week where all you had to do is pay $10's for 1 week, and then the rest of the bill if you wanted to continue. You might want to ask ISPClub.com if they have any of those deals going on right now since he does work for them

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    699
    I just wish that they would start having slightly fairer additional charges.

    If one of your customers starts spamming you get fined $200.
    I also like the reformat fee :-). $100.
    It's cheaper to buy a new server!!!!!

    Overall though, a great dedicated server provider.
    Andrew Thomas

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by TheTrance
    HE has more of a global network while EZZI does not. Thats good enough for me not to compare them.
    Ezzi provides service world wide (global). However, you're saying that because ezzi is not as big as HE this means they're not comparable? Does this mean that burstnet for instance is not comparable to servermatrix and servermatrix not comparable to 1&1 simply because the other is much much larger than the other?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    699
    Originally posted by RaineTech
    Ezzi provides service world wide (global). However, you're saying that because ezzi is not as big as HE this means they're not comparable? Does this mean that burstnet for instance is not comparable to servermatrix and servermatrix not comparable to 1&1 simply because the other is much much larger than the other?
    Well Said.

    HE.NET may have their own network, but it may be no good.
    EZZI has connections to Glbl X, Peer1 and NAC.

    That's good enough for me.
    Andrew Thomas

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    209
    HE is more of a bandwidth / colocation provider. They do not sell that many dedicated servers directly. They are not even in the same price range for dedicateds either.

    Comparing burstNET to servermatrix is okay because they both provide very cheap dedicated servers. Comparing HE to EZZI is not for dedicated servers. EZZI doesn't have a 2 POPs in Europe for a start. EZZI is not used by many hosting companies on WHT either. They are not in Equinix Chicago, Ashburn, SJ, LA either are they.
    Linux System Admin & Support.
    E-mail/MSN : [email protected]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    376
    Originally posted by tehtech
    HE is more of a bandwidth / colocation provider. They do not sell that many dedicated servers directly. They are not even in the same price range for dedicateds either.
    And just to chime in... They are not comparable in the bandwidth market either. ezzi buys transit from providers that HE peers with (nac,peer1). When you say that ezzi peers with HE remember that HE has an open peering policy.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    209
    Yeah also HE offers very cheap bandwidth at 100Mbit+ commits on ethernet (FE/GE) feeds at their POPs. I don't see EZZI offers 100mbit on FE for $2000/mo or 1000mbit on GE for $18000/mo
    Linux System Admin & Support.
    E-mail/MSN : [email protected]

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    376
    Originally posted by tehtech
    Yeah also HE offers very cheap bandwidth at 100Mbit+ commits on ethernet (FE/GE) feeds at their POPs. I don't see EZZI offers 100mbit on FE for $2000/mo or 1000mbit on GE for $18000/mo

    EZZI offers all types of Internet access and actually is one of the 2 companies on Long Island that can drop a gig to anyones doorstep.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    325
    Will Ezzi consider running any more promotions for like $10 or $20 dollars for the first week of service, then once the week is up the customer has the choice of staying and paying for the full amount?

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    376
    Originally posted by w33t
    Will Ezzi consider running any more promotions for like $10 or $20 dollars for the first week of service, then once the week is up the customer has the choice of staying and paying for the full amount?

    Yes we will be running that again, when I am not sure... We had a lot of success with it. The reason we pulled it was because we were selling too much and we couldnt keep up with it.

    Next time we run it we will only have a certain amount of servers available at a time.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    325
    Thanks ispclub, I really enjoyed being able to test out the network, I did have a few problems with getting my servers up since you guys ran out of memory, however I was still able to receive it within the 24 hour window period and it ran smooth!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •