* how much customers you got in first 6 months?

Hello,

I would like to ask this to all hosting companies, how much clients you gained in you very first 6 months of business.

is it was really hard to gain these customers? or you got an idea to gain easily(i know if you had an idea, you wouldn't tell, lol. but you can tell it was easy or hard. )

so many hosting companies are formed everyday (with an easy reseller account). what you think, is it really hard to gain business in this competition.

regards
    newbiehost

Hello,

Running a hosting business is never easy average sleep time is like 4 hours!

The first six months can be slow depending on how you advertise your company and the best thing to do is get some banners on the iNET network as well as some of the other hosting forums.

The most effective thing I found was contacting local business in my area and getting them onboard and signup first and work from there.

Also look after your customer because word of mouth is a VERY effective marketing tool and you may find that out of all your advertising that is the most poweful.

It can be hard but there is still room to start a sucesfull hosting business.

We ran a few specials and gained about 20 clients in the first 6 or so months. Then we concentrated on improving service and support, then ran a few more specials and gained some more clients.

We're growing at a slow pace, which suits me just fine as it allows us to see what works for our business and add features that our clients want, while at the same time providing one-on-one support.

I think any startup host can be successful if they forget about making a ton of money right off the bat. Time and capital have proven to work for us - we're slowly seeing some returns on our investments.

Just my $.02
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

In six months I didn't have that many clients. Don't expect to even break even in six months.
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

i got 30 within 4 months

Hi,

I have been in hosting and domain business for five years. I got not more than 10 customers in the first 6 months.

I must say this is NOT easy to get a customer. Therefore try to keep all customers that you have. This is much cheaper to maintain a customer than to get a new one.

Best regards
    seekhosting
    My friends, it's nice to know that you are there when I need you.

I got about 35 clients in the first few months.

Happy wth that. Slow and steady

i think we are now going into the 2nd month and i we got about 6 customers till now, but i dunno if it is a normal goin' for our company or not, i think its fine for us as a beginging and gaining experience without getting stucked in alot of customers and my next plan is to design flyers, business cards and ads to improve my local sales. so am i right or what ?
    Sales Manager
    iGate Hosting

I would rather asked how much revenue is one producing in six months versus accounts.

If one got 6 accounts paying $50 a month for services versus 10 accounts at $6 a month, who is doing better? $300 monthly revenue versus $60 a month revenue. One could brag they grew 40% more than the other company, but they are making a lot less revenue.
    Hosting and Web design.
    OnLineMedia, Inc.

24, but I only host privately for specific clients.

In six months I didn't have that many clients. Don't expect to even break even in six months.
    We reached 100 client within 5 months without paying a cent for advertising.

I'm not a genius or anything, the secret is to offer the best support you can to your clients. Never let a visitor go without giving him something. When a client cancel a subscription write him a personal letter and let him know that he will always be welcome if something bad happen with his new host. Finally wish him the best luck with his new host! Be honest and you can't fail!

Good luck!!

Originally posted by Northtrex
    We reached 100 client within 5 months without paying a cent for advertising.

I'm not a genius or anything, the secret is to offer the best support you can to your clients. Never let a visitor go without giving him something. When a client cancel a subscription write him a personal letter and let him know that he will always be welcome if something bad happen with his new host. Finally wish him the best luck with his new host! Be honest and you can't fail!

Good luck!!
    Ditto. That mentality wins.
    Tyler
    www.AdminZoom.com
    "Server Administration Done Right"

Server setup, hardening, migrations and more

It is always hard to get clients and to retain them. You should develop a marketing strategy and execute it. Once your 50% through - revisit it and make adjustments if needed. What works for one host does not necessarily works for others. 20 clients (low hassle) paying $20.00 on average per month might be much more worth in the long run than 60 clients paying $3.99 (high maintenance).
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

I know this is a fairly old thread but I must say kudos to all of you who were helpful enough to answer the guy's question. I notice many hosts on WHT are very cagey with this kind of information. I dont think ppl who ask these questions are trying too pry into your company's business, they just want to get an idea of what to expect as a small, new web hosting start-up.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

The posts about how customer service helps a lot for word of mouth referrals is very true.

In a hosting company, ideally, your number of customers should only increase every month. If you're taking care of your customers and helping them out, then they should be happy and stay with you. This way each month, even if you get just one new customer, it's more money than the last month

The number of customers you can acquire within six months will vary, and depends on your marketing/promotion/advertising strategies, and how well you conduct your business. Build a strong business with an emphasis on customer support.

You should also set benchmarks or goals -- I will have 30 customers within three months. Now, create a plan on what you need to do to actually get there. You'll see that it is your own efforts that determine the number of customers you get.

JP
    JP
    Justified Existence - my blog on blogging and writing for a living.

I have been in the business for 3 weeks. I have 2 clients and hopefully one on its way. I hope i can get more