hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : domain appraisal please...

Forum Jump

domain appraisal please...

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2002, 09:56 PM
WHT Addict

domain appraisal please...

How much is ukwebhosts.com worth? Its not for sale...i just want opinions as to how much its worth.

P.S: I have deleted my company name cuz i dont want this thread deleted for advertising.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

I don't think you can reliably put a 'worth' on domain names. I can tell you one thing, say $10,000, but if you can't find a buyer for it, or rather you can but only for $500, then what was it *really* worth? $500.

Chicken

Old 01-20-2002, 11:28 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
I don't think you can reliably put a 'worth' on domain names. I can tell you one thing, say $10,000, but if you can't find a buyer for it, or rather you can but only for $500, then what was it *really* worth? $500.
so true! I guess ill develop it myself when i get the time. For now it can rest and gather value while all the other good .com's run out

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Web Hosting Master

ukwebhosts.com

Nice name....but...

I like the name

However,

Someone else has the singular version while you have the plural. All I foresee is confusion and potential legal issues. Furthermore, if you built your market first, I believe a significant number of potential customers would type the singular, ukwebhost.com, and you would be building a business for someone else. They pronounce the same, so very hard to differentiate.

Therefore, if I were you, I would either try to purchase the other one as well, or drop the idea of developing ukwebhosts.com

Old 01-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Disabled

Hmm.

..eerrr...$6.95 ..maybe?

Old 01-28-2002, 01:14 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Re: Hmm.

Quote:
Originally posted by spade
..eerrr...$6.95 ..maybe?
Have to agree... While it's a pretty good name it is nothing outstanding about it. If someone is creating a UK webhost directory they could instead register findukwebhosts.com. It's the developed site that will bring a value to it.

Although there are some domain names of real value, say webhosting.com, but they are very few. It is so easy to find an alternative name. Also one have to remember that there isn't as much money floating around in the Internet companies as a few years ago.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Police Continue Crackdown on Pirated Content with Torrentz.eu Domain Name Suspension Web Hosting News 2014-05-26 12:30:38
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - February 7, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:29
Nigeria Internet Registration Association Offers Free ccTLDs to Encourage .ng Domain Adoption Web Hosting News 2014-01-02 14:46:24
Office 365 Integrates GoDaddy Domain Name Registration Web Hosting News 2013-10-09 13:18:05
123-reg Launches Domain Reselling Service on Global Domain Marketplace Web Hosting News 2013-06-19 14:48:10