A quick note about newbies, first posts, etc...

Members, just a quick note about newbies (new members) and first posts, etc., especially when they pertain to host recommedations or questions....

New members are going to register and some of them will post in the Lounge, some will ask a technical question, some will ask something about design, etc., and some... will ask about a host.

It stands a good chance that you may not have heard of the host before, or dealt with them, but please don't assume that it is self promotion and pre-judge the new member on the forum.

I do try to check out every single post that even remotely resembles advertising and self promotion, so you can be reasonably assured that someone has noticed it and will look into it. If you see a post that looks a bit suspicious, for whatever reason, rather than post comments directly on the forum, please report it and bring it to our attention so we can look into it a bit. There is way too much board-spam posted (which is later removed), so I realize why people jump to this conclusion.

In other words, be nice to newbies on the board and keep the suspicions and comments private between you and us.

I try to answer every report I handle and reply back to the people who submit reports as much as possible. I try to keep you informed as to what will happen with the psot/thread you reported, so you know what is going on and if we'll just watch it or if it is clear cut and it has been removed.

I know everyone is just looking out, but let's keep it private as much as possible so people aren't afraid to register and ask about a host they've been thinking of signing up with.

While I'm at it, thankx to all those who take the time to report things they think look a little odd, and the things that are more than a little odd, heh.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

I whole heartedly agree with Chicken. Although, I must confess, I have been guilty of this as well on occasion.
    But, after reading some posts by some members, I noticed that it didn't reflect well on them. Then I had to think . . . . . . hmmm . . . . If they don't look good talking like that; I'm sure I don't look good. (another reason I have no mirrors in my house)

Although it may be difficult to believe someone when they boast about a host and don't list the url of the site they have hosted, it could well be an oversight. Or even, for reasons known only to themselves, they just have no desire to release that information. It's best to keep your suspicions to yourself and possibly the mods. But not on the open floor.

Okay. I hear ya Chicken. You are truely our sage.

I'll never get used to talking to chikins.

mmmm . . . . . . . chikins

I'm sure I've been guilty of this, heh. It is hard not to be when there is such a large percentage of spam posted to the forum which fits the obvious pattern. -And you might be right, it might be obvious spam, but we'll take care of it... off board.

I think many of you know the key words and phrases to look out for, so I won't post them (give away the super secret method we use? NEVER!), but just continue to be on the lookout and if you see it, hit the report button, por favor senior frogs.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken