Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question what's your suggestion about zoneserv

I've seen this site has very low prices reseller plans. I've watched them very closely and there are some odd things that I don't understand:

How can you sell 20GB/200GB for just $15 ??
    A real calculation: each server maximum 120GB HDD can handle 6 accounts, and the total bandwidth should be 6*200=1200 GB/Month.
    You can get a stable server from low price/good network like SM, for about $199/month (Xeon deal) for 160GB HDD(2*80) and 1200GB bandwidth.

If my mathematics are good enough (!), you can sell the exact amount at $15*6=$90 that is $109 lower than what you'll get.

So if they OVERSELL the server over 14 accounts over a server (that i dont think server could handle it on real conditions over active users) it would be $15*14=$210 income, that is $11 higher than what you'll get. But from other side you had sold: 14*20GB=280 GB HDD Space + 14*200GB=2800 GB/Month bandwidth!!!

I also gone to their live help support last night, after I saw sales is online, I'd chat with him:
    ->You are now chatting with Mike Kapanadze [Sales]
    ->Do you have ssh also?
    ->Mike Kapanadze [Sales] Has ended this chat session with you
    And after that every time I wanted to start chat with sales, It will just end session and go into email form. But the status of sales was Online.

So whats the point do you get? How can you sell accounts like this? maybe there is a point i didnt saw in calculations? why sales will end to your chat without saing anything??

I really appreciate any advise/suggestion on this site.
    Professional Logo Design.
    For more information please visit our site

Do a search and you'll see that they're in the headlines lately. They are supposedly doing very well and they are getting their 6th server online this saturday, but I'm in the same boat as you; no clue how they can sell that much for that little and make it through.

Just for your knowledge, there are hard disks that go past 250 GB. Even SM offers 200 GB hard disks. I don't think space is the issue, I'd say it's more of how much RAM and what CPU(s) do they utilize. They might use P4's (or AMD's) or they might use Dual xeons (or dual opterons). We personally use only dual xeons since their performance is amazing, but I'm not sure if they use dual xeons (if they do it seems like they oversell a lot).

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure on everything so don't quote me on it. I'm sure the owner is going to post here very soon.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

If your having trobule with their support i think i would keep away.

they are currently down too

Originally posted by phenom9
    they are currently down too
    False.

Gil.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Originally posted by Rogean
    If your having trobule with their support i think i would keep away.
    No one is having problems with our support, it happens when you request a chat and the operator was using the bathroom or hell knows, and he couldn't pick your call (forgot to put it on offline, he is just human!).

Does that makes our support bad? no.

Regards,
    Gil.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Re: what's your suggestion about zoneserv

Originally posted by dexx
    I've seen this site has very low prices reseller plans. I've watched them very closely and there are some odd things that I don't understand:

How can you sell 20GB/200GB for just $15 ??
    A real calculation: each server maximum 120GB HDD can handle 6 accounts, and the total bandwidth should be 6*200=1200 GB/Month.
    You can get a stable server from low price/good network like SM, for about $199/month (Xeon deal) for 160GB HDD(2*80) and 1200GB bandwidth.

If my mathematics are good enough (!), you can sell the exact amount at $15*6=$90 that is $109 lower than what you'll get.

So if they OVERSELL the server over 14 accounts over a server (that i dont think server could handle it on real conditions over active users) it would be $15*14=$210 income, that is $11 higher than what you'll get. But from other side you had sold: 14*20GB=280 GB HDD Space + 14*200GB=2800 GB/Month bandwidth!!!

I also gone to their live help support last night, after I saw sales is online, I'd chat with him:
    ->You are now chatting with Mike Kapanadze [Sales]
    ->Do you have ssh also?
    ->Mike Kapanadze [Sales] Has ended this chat session with you
    And after that every time I wanted to start chat with sales, It will just end session and go into email form. But the status of sales was Online.

So whats the point do you get? How can you sell accounts like this? maybe there is a point i didnt saw in calculations? why sales will end to your chat without saing anything??

I really appreciate any advise/suggestion on this site.
    What is the point of this message? I really can't understand.

So the operator didn't answer your call, big deal! email support or sales and we will reply asap.

Gil.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Is ZoneServ better than Turnkey? I really wanna know this. Can you tell us something on why ZoneServ is better tahn TurnkeyResellers Gil. Please, I need it.

Is there anybody that has some problems with zoneserv?

Any suggestion on them?

I need good/bad reviews.

Re: Re: what's your suggestion about zoneserv

Originally posted by ZoneServ.com
    What is the point of this message? I really can't understand.

So the operator didn't answer your call, big deal! email support or sales and we will reply asap.

Gil.
    The point is very simple: Like subject shows, Suggestions needed.

also its not sounds right to me, maybe there is somethings that I dont know, so I want also answer on how could this be?

Hey guys, I'm currently with ZoneServ. So far so good.

Please refer to this thread to see some reviews:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=323178

Fred

Hmm... I like the ZoneServ.com services & I've read many positive reviews about them & even considered going with them. But as you can see they are down. So I won't bet on them. My choice is now between Turnkey & EBG. EBG is hosted at Surpass, which again has lots of bad reviews here on the forums, so I think its gonna be www.turnkeyresellers.com , their WHT special is great & they have more then 5 servers so they are reliable. Though ZoneServ.com is still on my list, I'll wait & see what happens.

Those are just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
    Intelle

Originally posted by Intelle
    Hmm... I like the ZoneServ.com services & I've read many positive reviews about them & even considered going with them. But as you can see they are down. So I won't bet on them.
    Their site is up from here - and all hosts have *some* downtime, I wouldn't judge them on one random test (unless you've been monitoring them for some time) - it would be better to ask for an uptime history and stats

I'm on ZoneServ host2, here's the uptime. (Being monitored from the day I with them)
    http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics...&&UserId=11897

Hmm... I like the ZoneServ.com services & I've read many positive reviews about them & even considered going with them. But as you can see they are down. So I won't bet on them. My choice is now between Turnkey & EBG. EBG is hosted at Surpass, which again has lots of bad reviews here on the forums, so I think its gonna be www.turnkeyresellers.com , their WHT special is great & they have more then 5 servers so they are reliable. Though ZoneServ.com is still on my list, I'll wait & see what happens.

Thanks,
    Intelle
    Actually we just got the 6 server on air !

Regards,
    Gil.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.

Their great

Thanks,
    Intelle
    So a hosting company with less than 5 servers is unreliable? Don't see the logic in that...

Congrats Gia! Happy 6th Server! ::Goes down to meet Gia &
    shakes hands::

Ataylor, what I mean is if any reseller that oversells has 5 servers they can be trusted easily than one who oversells & just has one server. Because they can keep on moving accounts from one server to another if your hosting/site does not fit on one server so u don't have much problems.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Intelle

I don't like to trust anyone who oversells... But if you are willing to host with an overseller, thats a good enough theory.

lol, Thanks. I'm thinking of maybe going with Turnkey. Where r u hosted.

Your are correct, dexx, in asking questions about a Hosting package providing 20 GB for $15.00.

Data transfer is not problem as it is available on demand and how many Servers a company has should not be a worry either. Whether they have 1 or 100, they still need to have the money to purchase that next Server. A company called AngelNetworkz recently went down the tubes and (according to them) they had 100's of Servers. Unfortunately they were not able to pay for the ones they had or the next one they needed.

Now Web space is important because a hard drive only has so much space. In another thread I posted about the two types of hard drive usage for hosting accounts. I would hope that any Hoster providing double digit Web space is using the "Allocated Method" and not the "Actual Use Method". Although the "Actual Use Method" works out better for most people, the "Allocated Method" is easier to understand and 'looks' better in an Advertisement.

Although someone from ZoneServ has already posted in this thread, I'm not sure why they didn't answer the Web space allocation question as posted by dexx. When in doubt, though, it's best to ask questions at the source. Hopefully ZoneServ has their Online Chat problems or staff policy worked out and you can try asking them that way again. Otherwise, send an eMail to their Support with a detailed question on how they allocate Web space. That would be my suggestion.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Originally posted by Canglan
    Hey guys, I'm currently with ZoneServ. So far so good.

Please refer to this thread to see some reviews:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=323178

Fred

Then, I've seen this also.

About server you are in: There is more than 20 HOSTS DNS's just set to the IP of primary name server 66.45.242.210
    If they are all resellers (As always resellers just set their own dns) this is not good. Because if there is more than 20 reseller on a server, and they use all active sites, they will consume many cpu load that will make server compromise as i've seen many before.

I hope that this dont happen on zoneserv and your hosts.

I've got my answer & I thank you all that who had replied to this thread.

What's your answer Dexx.

I asked for reveiews, and all you greate guys send me feedbacks.

But I will not go with zoneserv for sure.

Well according to their uptime they've only had 2 outages, which isn't that bad, but it also put them in the 98th percentile for uptime. Then you look at their August, shows 100% which is perfect, so this can come out to two conclusions:
    1) They overselling has caught up to them and it's causing downtime now.
    OR
    2) They're minor outages, every host has their share of downtime.
    It's upto you to decide. The real concern that I have is how Gil is replying to this thread, seems very rude and that's what would scare me away. What would Gil be like during an outage? 'You're site is down for 2 minutes? Big freakin' deal, shut up." Probably won't be like that but who knows.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast