Talking new to hosting business....

I am very curiously about web hosting business.
    and where should i start from ?

reseller account
    dedicated server (self manage, fully managed)
    vps

own equipment

if i buy web space as reseller or dedicated. then,if i don't get enough customers i will lost,not profit......cause expensive
    reseller and dedicated server monthly fees.

thanks

honestly, if you really want to start a business, you have to be open to some risk no matter how big or small that is.

But then again, if you are serious about it, you got to make a business plan first and study your target market.

As for your question... i suggest you start with a reseller and stop pondering on dedicated server for a while. It takes time, skill and most importantly patience to handle a server. Then again, add the investment you need to put into it.

Go with a reseller, if you exceed the plan you can usually cut a deal with the host to increase it for you. Only when you have the proper financial backing and customer base to warrant a dedicated server should you move onto them.

Self-employed = RISK! Daily concern about paying the rent/mortgage, how to eat, etc. When you get employees, the stress goes UP, not down.

If you are not willing to take a risk, don't go for self-employment. Period.

find yourself customers to cover the cost of a reseller package and start from there

good luck

I agree with starting with a reseller package. If you do go "belly up", you're only out the small monthly amount you put in each month. Also you don't have to worry about admin time and costs on the server as that's paid for my the host you are using.

Good way to learn as well.

Mike

I agree also, start out with a reseller. Once you run out of space on that plan, upgrade it for more space/bandwidth, or if you're making enough and have a decent ammount of clients, upgrade to a VPS or a dedicated server. Like mike said, the downside about a dedicated server is the admin costs, the server support costs, etc.
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()