Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking

Hello web hosters,

Our dedicated team of CGI programmers has worked several months developing this new control panel software.

We have compared the best control panels available and using that information have created the most advanced web hosting software available (to our knowledge).

This software includes a back-end admin panel for account installations, invoicing, package admin, statistics and more.

The user-end control panel contains all aspects clients need to be able to change, including mySQL.

And perhaps the most important feature of our software is that it can all be easily customized using HTML templates. Completely changing the layout is a snap. This feature allows you the differentiate your control panel from others.

Interested people may contact me at cp@boksoft.com or reply to this message for a demo tour.

Prices can be negotiated. (Monthly pricing available upon request)

Sincerely,

Arnoud

Boksoft Internet Services

[This message has been edited by Boksoft (edited 08-16-2000).]

Wink

Com'on where is the URL?
    Alright, I am interested... what have you got then?

Talking

Here is a list of functions that are included in our Smart Control Panel software.

Admin Panel:
    Domain management: list of new, active and suspended accounts, search functions, mass mailing
    Package management: creating/editing base packages, optional packages, discounts, contract length
    Billing management: billing setting, invoices configuration, credit card archive, exporting database
    Servers management: list of servers, server groups, nameservers
    Configuration: server settings, cp interface
    Service: monitoring, back-up facilities
    Support: newsletters, support desk, faq manager
    Order management: add domain, pending orders

User Control Panel:
    Account resources: diskspace, email, bandwidth, ip, ftp
    Account information: account manager (contact information), billing manager (billing information + invoices),
    package manager (purchasing additional domain, optional packages, upgrading/downgrading)
    Email Accounts: email manager (create/edit POP accounts, email forwarding, autoresponders, mailing list)
    Manage your website: file manager, subdomain manager, ftp manager (ftp accounts, anonymous ftp), cgi scripts
    (counter, formmail, guestbook, webboard, search engine, FFA), website statistics
    Advanced options: crontab manager, dns manager (changing mail records), mySQL manager (password changer,
    editing database), internic manager (purchase/edit domains), site manager (editing error pages)
    Support: helpdesk (with tracking numbers) news, faq files

On our ToDo list:
    SSL setup, advanced resellers panels

I would like to hear from you what other functions are vital to your business so we can integrate this.

Sincerely,

Arnoud

Boksoft Internet Services

Hello,

We might be interested if you have these features in addition.

1. Customize DNS zone for both admin & end user.
    2. assign Name-based or IP#
    3. Statistics (total disk space, total bandwidth, total disk used, total bandwidth used, overll disk space used, overall bandwidth used.) Email admin when quota is reached or near.
    4. Password Protected directories.
    5. admin & end users can create web user with its own ftp account. http://www.yourame.com/username.
    4. Server shutdown/reboot
    5. Configure with CGI-BIN, PHP, MySQL, SSL, Frontpage.

We are using PLESK, and would like to try other products. These features are features from PLESK. If you can give all the features of PLESK plus more, then would be great.

[This message has been edited by 1000MEGS.COM (edited 08-17-2000).]

Originally posted by 1000MEGS.COM:

Hello,

We might be interested if you have these features in addition.

1. Customize DNS zone for both admin & end user.
    2. assign Name-based or IP#
    3. Statistics (total disk space, total bandwidth, total disk used, total bandwidth used, overll disk space used, overall bandwidth used.) Email admin when quota is reached or near.
    4. Password Protected directories.
    5. admin & end users can create web user with its own ftp account. http://www.yourame.com/username.
    4. Server shutdown/reboot
    5. Configure with CGI-BIN, PHP, MySQL, SSL, Frontpage.

We are using PLESK, and would like to try other products. These features are features from PLESK. It would be great, If you can give all the features of PLESK plus more.

[This message has been edited by 1000MEGS.COM (edited 08-17-2000).]

Arnoud,

if you haven't already, please see the discussion at
    http://www.webhostlink.com/showthread.php?threadid=1624

You'll find the answer to your question there. Rather than repeating what I suggested already, I'll just ask you to read it.

Now I'm off to yur site to take a look at the list of features and other information.

[Edited by SysAdmin on 08-30-2000 at 07:16 PM]

Talking

We are almost ready to launch our new product. I wanted to give the users here a preview alraedy.

The site: http://www.smarthostingtools.com

Please feel free to comment about the site/product and pricing.

Thank you,

Arnoud

Thumbs up

Looks like a good start...didn't see any pricing info.

Pricing information is displayed on the mainpage (right block).

Arnoud

Lightbulb Design/Feature

I would revamp the design. The days are gone when functionality was more important, today it goes hand in hand a balance of art so to speak. Take a look at your own site at http://www.smarthostingtools.com/purchasing.html Make the design similar with your nice tables.

I think it is a good start and your pricing is reasonable but make sure it is easy to "upgrade" current version. Perhaps also add different themes or have the owner the ability to change the design him/herself.

Your DEMO was slow and I was not able to test all the features but I like the idea how you have integrated mySQL and a filemanager. Is a "PassWordManager/PassUsers" available?

Add a powerful mailing list feature and a flexible web based email system such as Horde's IMP http://www.horde.org/imp/

C.

Coreace,

Yes, we are revaming the design already. It will become online together with the last features.

The script consists of HTML templates, so you can give it any design you want.
    PasswordManager is available, as is a mailing list feature.

A web based email system might be available on future versions.

Please check back again next week when we should have all features up and running and a nice design for it.

Arnoud

Lightbulb Add-Ons

Also throw in various stats such as the Analog and other webtools. Not only for the server admin but for the domain/account/client too. Would add everything plesk got + your own ideas. When I create a client.com I would like to see the system create the hole lot for me either IP/Name based. MX, CNAME, NS and Mail ++ auto just by clicking the options. Easy and nice. Half of the fun is gone if you first have to create an user account then manually edit the files later on.
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

Coreace,

Web stats are already included.

When you approve/activate an account it's ready to run. Nothing else has to be configured.

Perhaps when our new design will be available, these features will become more visible.

Thank you for your opinions.

Arnoud

Boksoft,

When you create an account, does it also create telnet account. I know PLESK doesn't have this option yet.

Thumbs up Telnet

1000MEGS.COM,

Yes, it also creates a Telnet account when setting up a user.

Post Guides

Boksoft,

I notice i.e in the mail server creation you had an option to set the priority of the mail server. The "problem" is that very few know what numbers to put in. It could be an idea to mention a few options or a small "FAQ" on the page explaining what the options will do. This can be done in other areas as well.

I hope it's ready by the end of this month I need it for my new server
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

horizon Guest

opensrs?

can you include an interface for domain registration via opensrs?
    and have that be linked to the billing part..

and integrate the management panel for the users?
    other than that, expect another customer in the coming months

Post Any news?

Any news or updates how it is going?
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

Unhappy Delays

Coreace and everybody else,

Unfortunately I have to tell you that we have a delay of about 4 days due to a HD failure (backup was 4 days old).

The development is now back on track again. Only 1 feature of our ToDo list needs to be done and the new interface needs to be implemented. Then we are ready to go!

Arnoud

PS. Price has been set at $750 per license. (bulk discounts available)

Lightbulb UK £

Could you please add "£" as I prefer the English currency Probably many in the same boat.
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

Post sorry

Just noticed I could change the currency, sorry.
    Regards,
    # Coreace 837462

Send us the costing details of the control panel software. I am an independent hosting service provider & wish my clients to use the software. Please include purchase & lease price.
    Anand

Since this thread is over a month and 1/2 old...

Asking them to contact you on a board won't get you a reply as quickly as if you were to contact them directly.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

Unhappy Update

I'm posting here because I would like to give you an update of the things going on here at smarthostingtools.com

About a month ago we were very near to completion, however the team of programmers we hired decided to cancel our agreement.

So we had to look out for a new team of programmers who had the skills to develop such an extensive program in record times. After a long search we have found them and contracted them immediately.

Development is now underway again with 3 senior programmers with about 20 years experience combined.

Currently 70% has been completed. So we expect to be beta-testing in 2 weeks and to be able to release it in 3-4 weeks.

Arnoud

That explains why you didn't reply to the e-mail I sent you a few days ago about the terms of the software licence.

Is it $750 per server?

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast