hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Windows XP Taskbar Help

Forum Jump

Windows XP Taskbar Help

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

Windows XP Taskbar Help

Ok it seems microsoft went and copied apple, and the new Windows Media Player 10 is almost exactly like iTunes filing system, built with a search and all.. I am highly considering changing from Winamp to it. However there is one thing I don't like and would like to know if anyone knows how to do it..

If you right click on your taskbar, you can open additional toolbars and pull them off put them on the top right of left of your screen and set them to auto hide, is there anyway to have the WMP toolbar do this? As I have all the media keys on the keyboard I have no need for the player taking up space..

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2004, 06:52 PM

Sorry I don't know, why don't you just minimize the windows media player window when its playing then pick a new song when the other is done or let it play the next in the list. It shouldn't matter that much that its there.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Web Hosting Master

I just takes up room on my taskbar.. I usually like it clean, and when I am working with alota windows open, it just clutters things..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

I dont think you can, thats why i switched to WinAmp

I downloaded media player 10 last week and it kept crashing on me, I had to do a system restore to player9, not sure what happened there.

Old 09-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Community Guide

Re: Windows XP Taskbar Help

Quote:
Originally posted by Trifolic
Ok it seems microsoft went and copied apple, and the new Windows Media Player 10 is almost exactly like iTunes filing system, built with a search and all.. I am highly considering changing from Winamp to it. However there is one thing I don't like and would like to know if anyone knows how to do it..

If you right click on your taskbar, you can open additional toolbars and pull them off put them on the top right of left of your screen and set them to auto hide, is there anyway to have the WMP toolbar do this? As I have all the media keys on the keyboard I have no need for the player taking up space..

Thanks in advance
I believe WMP always had a search and filing system...as long as you let it search your PC for your music.

To turn off the mini WMP that shows up when you minimize, right click on your taskbar, go to toolbars, and uncheck Windows Media Player. When you minimize it, it should no longer have a mini player in your taskbar.

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 30 million pictures resized since 2005) and DrPic.com (Advanced AJAX image editor)

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted