Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ping! Zine Advertising

Does anyone have any feedback concerning Ping!Zine print ads?

Have you used them? Did you do your own design? How did it work out? Are You the person that put in the upside-down ad? How did That work?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Greetings,

We've places 2 full page ads into PZ's last issue (including the upside down one) and were rather pleased with the results.

It's too early to talk about the ROI as magazine advertising works needs to be consistent over a long period of time and we have just started our campaign.

I don't think that hosting ads would do well, but services that cater to the hosting industry definitely have potential.

As for the design, we have a very talented designer that works for us part-time that developed both of them for us.

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

Originally posted by hvoice-boris

We've places 2 full page ads into PZ's last issue (including the upside down one) and were rather pleased with the results.

That idea for an upside down one was brilliant. I know I flipped over the magazine and read it while I skimmed by half the other ones.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Thanks for the feedback! I think we'll use their in-house designer as I'm not much of a Print designer. Maybe we should put our ad SIDEWAYS

I also ran advertising in Ping!Zine and have seen good results. As Boris stated, I'm not sure how well hosting ads would do, but products and services targetted to the hosting industry seem to do well. I saw direct sales results from the ad for my Ensim Skin.

Oh, and I did my own design.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

I never understood why a host would like to advertise 6$ plans in a magazine for web hosts! If you have a hosting directory, or something related like Vitos DemoDemo, that makes a hell of a lot more sense dont you think?

Also, Dave I dont know how capable you are... if you know what your doing, you can always create the ad yourself, but otherwise I'd suggest hiring somebody.

Eugene
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

It's too early to talk about the ROI as magazine advertising works needs to be consistent over a long period of time and we have just started our campaign.

Thank you. Someone who understands the value of long term branding through this type of advertising.
    I don't think that hosting ads would do well, but services that cater to the hosting industry definitely have potential.
    Agreed.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by hometownhosting
    That idea for an upside down one was brilliant. I know I flipped over the magazine and read it while I skimmed by half the other ones.
    Great ideaa!

Originally posted by websterworld
    I never understood why a host would like to advertise 6$ plans in a magazine for web hosts! If you have a hosting directory, or something related like Vitos DemoDemo, that makes a hell of a lot more sense dont you think?

Also, Dave I dont know how capable you are... if you know what your doing, you can always create the ad yourself, but otherwise I'd suggest hiring somebody.

Eugene
    Create ads myself???

Yes, advertising in PZ is effective. I've been running ads since their first issue, and will happily continue to do so. I started with a small ad and am now up to a full page.

And yes, if you offer a product or service to web hosts, your ad will do far better than if you are selling $6 hosting plans. IMHO.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Currently running 1/4 ads in Ping Zine. It's hard to measure the response but I've had a few people mention they saw it. Price is more cost effective than The Hosting Standard and others as well which is a big plus for those on small budgets.

Steve

Our ad did pretty well for us.

We had a naked woman on a beach in our ad though, maybe that helped?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AH-Tina

--Tina

Don't remember that...

<flips back through old Ping!Zines> HAHA - Just Kidding.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I think it was November of last year.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Yea, I have to agree, that upside down ad really got me, neat!

Heh, I have a feeling that we'll be reading the next issue of PingZine entirely upside-down.

Originally posted by TS-Dave
    Heh, I have a feeling that we'll be reading the next issue of PingZine entirely upside-down.
    The advertisers with their ads the normal way, will be the ones to stand out, when all these advertisers display their ads upside down.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Hi,

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to advertise in PingZine magazine?

TheWhir magazine makes their costs available right on their website if you download the media kit.

Their prices are:

1/3 page is $2000

2/3 page is $3000

full page is $4000

2 page spread is $8500

How does PingZine compare?

Thanks

Dangit! This isn't fair. I have ordered two, and not even recieved one yet! I ordered one three months ago, and last month, none have came!

What's up?
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

That was the single best ad I have ever seen. I actually flipped over the magazine and read the whole thing.

And then a couple of friends said that the people at PZ must be blind putting in ads upside down, until they started reading it.
    ·· Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ··
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

How can the TheWhir magazine charge so much when the number of subscribers is not even close to Pine Zine.

Pine zine is half the price of thewhir

George, I saw your ads!
    Well I was kinda surprised to find a control panel skin ad in there! I went "You must be kidding me!"
    I think control panel skin is a very niche market and it is not very worthwhile to advertise in hosting magazines.
    Kudos to you for being brave enough to take the risk.

Another thing is: If you are offering shared hosting only, PLEASE don't advertise in webhosting magazines!!!!!!!!!
    I mean people who read webhosting magazines are webhosts themselves........well,predominantly. Trying to sell webhosting to webhosts is like trying to sell sand in the desert.
    It is highly untargeted, contrary to popular belief. You will do much better advertising in webmaster magazines.
    Selling products and services catering to webhosting will do well if the product is not too 'niche'. George has proven me wrong somehow.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by sirtwist
    I also ran advertising in Ping!Zine and have seen good results. As Boris stated, I'm not sure how well hosting ads would do, but products and services targetted to the hosting industry seem to do well. I saw direct sales results from the ad for my Ensim Skin.

Oh, and I did my own design.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Tina, I don't remember any half naked lady in the magazine.
    I trust my memory when it comes to this kinda thing.

Originally posted by AH-Tina

--Tina
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Rahil
    Yea, I have to agree, that upside down ad really got me, neat!
    And I wondered why the ad was the only thing that was NOT upside down :-) :-)

I am not really looking forward to reading the next issue judging from the responses in this thread.

Anyway, be creative guys, getting your ad upside down is only one of the zillions of ways you can get attention!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast