Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Tomsyer support.....

Tomsyer seems to be the next angelnetworkz - they have taken off 2 ways to contact them (one of which is the phone) - they take over 2 days to answer a simple ticket and when you get mad at them - their excuse is they have more than 600 customers and they can't be expected to take care of you.

Hmm...they also removed their New York and California locations also...wonder what's happening...

hmm that is odd..

Maybe they cannot fullfill the requeriments. Only the head @ Tomsyer would know.
    ^_^

I hope they're not, 600 customers, plus their customers and their customers, is alot of people to be hurt by that.
    James Lumby

Re: Tomsyer support.....

Originally posted by Spy187
    Tomsyer seems to be the next angelnetworkz - they have taken off 2 ways to contact them (one of which is the phone) - they take over 2 days to answer a simple ticket and when you get mad at them - their excuse is they have more than 600 customers and they can't be expected to take care of you.
    Want to make a bet ? I'll bet against you...
    Chuck Norris' mother called him Charles once... Once.

frig i cant stand seeing the sight of the words "angelnetwork" or "Saveserver" cause they are both big scammers.
    Chris,
    For the super cheap webhosting and ultimate features visit...
    Save-Host.com

I'm glad I didn't go with them, sometimes its better to pay a little extra and NOT go through a reseller. Saves you from any unfortunate luck and puts you directly in contact with the people running your servers.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

What was the other way to contact them that they took off?

I can understand removing phone support. They didn't really answer the phone very much, so all it provided was a method for people to complain about them not answering the phone.

I seriously doubt they told you "we have more than 600 customers and we can't be expected to take care of you.". Please post the exact quote from them and the context it is in.

I'm not saying Tomsyer is perfect, but stop with comparing them to AN crap. AN was a fraud through and through. Tomsyer is a legitimate business.

As to them removing the other server locations, maybe they are just responding to their growing pains? Maybe they are simply trying to reorganize things as to better support. I can only imagine that they have been bogged down in orders from the AN fiasco. Maybe they realize that things are getting a little out of control and they need to scale back a little until they can regain control?
    Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting
    http://codewalkers.com/ - Home of the PHP Coding Contest
    http://phphosts.codewalkers.com/ - Directory of PHP Web Hosts. Free Listing.

If what you are mentioning is the case, it is fine. It is better to put the house in order (which those fraudesters (read AN) didn't do) than increase the sales indiscriminately.

strange , for me Tom.D from Tomsyer always answer the tickets and emails , and pretty fast i say...

also from conversation with Tom.D he told me that they adding more techs now ,so you guys should expect for goods...
    Last edited by xpserv.com; 09-13-2004 at 01:19 AM.

Ordered the server and can't access root password.

Sent 4 tickets and waited for two days with no answer?

That would cost me $4 a day plus potential customers?

Firslt let me say I am a client of tomsyer - and my experience with them has been up and down since being with them. When all is working obviously all is OK - but if there is an issue - no matter how small the support is often slow and often the support queries and questions are not answered properly as they either do not have the time due to their alleged growing customer base and therefore spend more time on new clients rather than exosting ones or simply have untrained staff that don't read properly and do not understand the support query. I for one seem to be asking the same questions over and over or simply repeating information provided to them over and over to get a desired result.

Its one thing to grow quickly, but another to lose all your existing clients if they are not looked after.

Tomsyer is legit though and I know Tom does try and answer queries himself, but one person cannot do it all, unless they get better staff and increase their support process quality higher I for one will have to look elsewhere soon - such a shame.

gwmbox

I'm the new customer and that would make me worry because when the server is up and running with customers, what will happen if the the server is down and I don't get any support?

I can wait but my customers can't, they have a business to run!

Well, maybe they discontinued there phone services. Host's remove support methods all the time. It all depends on the budget of the host. Which for them, I don't think a 888 number would kill them, since they are one of the most popular hosts around. Yeah, support with AN and Tomsyer are about the same. Takes a couple days, and when they reply, it's not detailed. Except with AN, they have a bunch of attitudes when you ask for support. It's just like saying "Hello, can you please stress me out?? Thanks". Litterally, it was a hastle!
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

http://sunbiz.org/corpweb/inquiry/corinam.html
    Search Tomsyer

http://sunbiz.org/corpweb/inquiry/ficinam.html
    Search Tomsyer Again, Notice 10/16/2000 as the Date Filed, After looking it has out-dated information I will have to get updated with the state.
    --
    We are here to stay, we were orginally a Sole Proprietorship until March of 03 when we Incorporated. Our Support is getting much beter. We are working our best. You will start to notice an improvment as many of those training have become active on our helpdesk already, the entire angelnetworkz thing took us off guard when hundreds of orders literally came in within a 10 day span.

In regards to providers:
    We stopped NYC due to it just not being profitable and fitting into our pricing scheme for the most part.
    We stopped California due to the provider not being able to deploy servers in a timely fashion 7 days is not acceptable for all deployments.

In Regards to Phone Support:
    It all comes back to the you get what you pay for thing in a sense, not saying you are getting shafted by not having phone support. Lets all think about the dollar amount involved to feild 40-50 calls a day. We would need to hire a minimum of 1 person full time to answer the phone. This would cut back from support. If we raised the price $10-20 per server, we would defintiely be able to hire someone. A Person to answer the phones live full time would cost somewhere up to 1500 a month to have a decently qualified person to do this.

Thank You
    Tom
    ---

Tomsyer.net Support is questionable :(

For anybody thinking of getting a dedicated with tomsyer.net - I would advise if you need a reverse DNS for your IP to contact the NOC directly.

I submitted a ticket to their helpdesk 12 Sep 2004 03:06 PM asking for a RDNS for my IP. I also asked if their helpdesk should be on a secure domain ie https://helpdesk.tomsyer.net as I have to input IP and root password.

25? hours later - 13 Sep 2004 03:54 PM I received a reply from Jesse as follows:

RDNS Submitted. Please allow 24 hrs for it to propigate.

As for the HTTPS: Are you asking if https://helpdesk.tomsyer.net should be the helpdesk link?

If so, that will work.

Thanks
    Jesse

Today 14th out of curiosity, I went to dnsstuff.com and checked on the IP to see if a record had been added.

Answer:
    No PTR records exist for 209.x.x.x. [Neg TTL=3600 seconds]

I emailed the dns@datacenter.com and two hours later I received a reply stating a request for RDNS had NOT been requested and they added the record for me.

I also tried Jesse`s advice on the https//helpdesk.tomsyer.net

( obviously being support staff - he knew it would work??? )

That url goes straight to the tomsyer.net website, meaning that
    IP`s and root passwords are being entered unsecurely.

How unproffessional

Tom,

I have submitted many tickets in the past two days and need the root password reset.

Thanks,
    John - asapserver.com

This is not a tomsyer.net support forum, please use the channels for support. It is against WHT rules for us to support via forums. We will not reply to this thread anymore since it will turn just into that of a support thread.

Thank You

Tom

I didnt state this WAS a tomsyer support thread - it is a thread questioning your support. If you care to read the post properly.

My post in particular was to warn other potential customers that if they purchase a server from you, it would be a better idea to contact the datacenter directly for an RDNS, as your support guy
    seems to have lied when he stated a request was submitted.

Thumbs down

This is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

A ticket has been submitted since 9/11 and as off today, there is no answer. I tried to submit two tickets everyday and that did not seem to help.

Why are you so quick taking money and so SLLLOWWW in support!

As tomsyer admit "you got what you pay for."

When you sign up on good deal, prepare the worst senario. I do not understand that people keep complain but still do business with them. Get out of there ASAP. If possible, try to get refund.

I also do complain and do business if there is hope. like things get better in one weeks. If you had more than one weeks trouble, that's time you have to pack and go.

I alos run server from budget provider. I tried 4 and drop 2 cause I really got what I paid for. I keep 2 other and plan to order more since I got more than what I pay for. Still I have backup plan to move out ASAP if they start giving me hard time.

If you can not do that, go to reputable company. You should happy with all the stuff but you got less than what you pay for. For me, the extra cost is insurance premium.
    Last edited by meknow; 09-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.

As always. You get what you pay for. Pay little more and get better support.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

crucialparad.
    There is company who can provide more than what you pay for. And that's why I come here and spend time.

It is reassuring that Tom has come forwad to categorically state that they are here to stay. Probably Tom can offer telephone support at an extra cost like $10 per month or some amount per incident basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast