hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Support Our Troops With Care Packages

Forum Jump

Support Our Troops With Care Packages

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Temporarily Suspended

Support Our Troops With Care Packages

Regardless of your politics on our presence in Iraq, I would like to ask you all to please support our troops. A lot of people SAY this, but saying it is one thing, and doing is another. Let's actually do something that will make an impact on raising their morale.

I can't think of a better way to support our troops than to send them a personalized care package from each and every one of us.

Here is a website that will help you do this: www.anysoldier.us

Thank you!

(Of course, should anyone have other links of similar nature, please ad them.)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2004, 03:55 PM

I saw a story on a television news program a while back about some young people who were collecting unwanted cell phones and they were giving them to US trops in Iraq along with free minutes -- to call loved ones at home. Does anyone know how to contact this worthy cause?

Thanks.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Web Hosting Master

Re: Support Our Troops With Care Packages

Quote:
Originally posted by FTPguy
Regardless of your politics on our presence in Iraq, I would like to ask you all to please support our troops. A lot of people SAY this, but saying it is one thing, and doing is another. Let's actually do something that will make an impact on raising their morale.

I can't think of a better way to support our troops than to send them a personalized care package from each and every one of us.

Here is a website that will help you do this: www.anysoldier.us

Thank you!

(Of course, should anyone have other links of similar nature, please ad them.)
This is a good idea. Where I live the city gathers alot of stuff from pictures, letters, ect and takes it over to IRAQ area. Some even brings in video letters. It does mean alot to them over their.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by precisehost
I saw a story on a television news program a while back about some young people who were collecting unwanted cell phones and they were giving them to US trops in Iraq along with free minutes -- to call loved ones at home. Does anyone know how to contact this worthy cause?
I'm not familiar with that but (if anyone is interested) there is Operation Uplink which is a unique program that keeps military personnel and hospitalized veterans in touch with their families and loved ones by providing them with a free phone card. Using contributions, Operation Uplink purchases phone cards and distributes them to servicemen and women who are separated from those they care about.
Quote:
Originally posted by Torith
It does mean alot to them over their.
Things such as a simple letter means as much or more than gifts, etc. to many our troops. Many get little or no mail or contact from the outside. The site I first listed has plenty of info on this also.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Host Cbeyond Employees Volunteer to Support 41 Community Organizations Web Hosting News 2012-10-31 15:58:25
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - September 21, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-09-21 17:16:30
Domainchy Helps Web Hosts Tap iPhone Users with New White Label iOS App Web Hosting News 2012-09-12 13:15:54
UK Web Host Fasthosts Updates Business Hosting Packages Web Hosting News 2012-07-06 12:17:26
Web Host Clicktostart Goes Beyond Technical Support with Free Marketing Support Web Hosting News 2012-06-21 13:52:45