hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Hostbet / Bid4hosting
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

Hostbet / Bid4hosting

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Disabled

Hostbet / Bid4hosting

Hi all,

It was mentioned before on the forum, quote some months ago; about hostbet.com .

Basically they were up for a good year or so taking lots of orders and what not and then they just dissapeared. About a month after the downtime they put up a notice saying they had a disagreement with their datacentre and had lost all data but would be back up shortly. That stayed up for about 3 months and then they went down again... although I contacted the owner via email and phone no action was taken with my domain so it was lost to him. Then over the last 5 or 6 months the website has been coming up for a month or so, taking orders and then closing down again with people loosing their domains and the money they paid for yearly hosting etc ( I have spoken to a few people hit like I was ).

Recently all the domains that were owned by hostbet.com have had their WHOIS info updated to Bid4hosting.com info. I have contacted both the original owner of hostbet.com and bid4hosting.com ( who has a forum account here ) and neither have replied.

After speaking to ENOM I was informed that bid4hosting was now the owner of the ENOM account but could not be told if they were actually the original owner also ( I find it hard to beleive that someone would simply sell an ENOM account full of other peoples domains ). They told me that they would be in contact with the owner and if nothing was heard within a week the domain would be transferred to my own ENOM account.

Has anyone else had any experience or have any idea whats going on?

I intend to PM bid4hosting and ask them to make a comment on this thread with whats happening.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Disabled

Just checked the WHOIS on my domain again... its now changed back to saying its owned by hostbet.com. 5 WHOIS changes on the domain.

Old 09-25-2004, 06:22 AM
Disabled

Well its been awhile and no posts on this thread from bid4hosting but I have had a PM from them asking what the domain was.

I have requested they post on this thread since there are alot of users who have contacted me explaining they have had the exact same problem and its about time someone owned up and explained whats going on.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Disabled

Um bid4hosting have read my PM's but refuse to comment on this thread. Any ideas people?

Old 10-01-2004, 05:19 AM
Disabled

The user has just given me the password to my domain for access via ENOM but wont comment on who he is in relation to hostbet, where my money went or anything. I want to know if they're scammers or not. They come up for a few months, take orders, disappear over and over.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:46 AM
Community Leader

Please don't keep bumping this thread. If anyone was going to help, they would have by now.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 22, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-08-22 11:36:10
Ideal-Hosting UG Listing 2014-01-06 19:15:27
Hosting-Mexico® Listing 2014-01-06 19:09:53
Empire Hosting Listing 2013-12-03 21:38:28
ResellerClub Hosting Summit 2012 Web Hosting Events 2012-10-23 14:43:15