Dedicated Servers

I currently have a reseller hosting account and my custmoer base is starting to get pretty big, so I am thinking of getting a dedicated server. The problem is I have no idea how to set it up. I would like to offer reseller accounts plus shared hosting services. Do you have to pay for system upgrades, or is this covered by the company you lease the server from?

When you start leasing a server, does it come with all these scripts ready to go?

Any advise would be great.

It really all depends on the company that you go with....

What you're going to want to find is either a company that offers a managed server, or find an unmanaged one and hire a management company. Both have their benefits.

Make sure to check the fine print for additional fees for reboots, how much the hourly rate is for support and/or upgrades/updates, etc.

Do you have server specs in mind? Data center location?
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....

I will give you some very good advice. I use Hello&Co to manage my servers. The reason is that I use to have a reseller account with them and their up time was so good that when I saw they did server set ups and management I knew I'd be in good hands and it paid off. I have two servers up now both just acquired in August. I have them monitored every 5 minutes.

Server 1
    Server 2 just went up

Sure they haven't been up long and there will be some down time but it the simple fact they are running so well that show you that Tommy and Richard at Hello&Co know what they are doing.

What's nice is that as these servers were set up they walked through the set up with me were happy to take the time and willing to teach me things as we have gone along. Mind you I did have some experience running some game servers, been doing web design and working with all types of scripts for several years and using Linux and Windows hosting so with that experience I have been able to support my customers every need, basically I'm saying don't go into this blind. But if you really want to move into a dedicate and have peace of mind when you go to bed a night, you don't want to be charge out rages amounts of cash for something that the manage company was suppose to be doing in the first place, the call, e-mail or IM these guys ay Hello&Co you won't be sorry.

Best of all my customers just can't believe how well our servers are running. They are always telling us how satisfied with our servers and our service. When your servers are always up you have more time to attend to your customers needs. And that's good for business!

If I give these guys an award I would.

http://www.helloservers.com/
    http://www.helloservers.com/management.php
    WebzPro.com Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Shared/Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated
    24/7 Support Help Desk
    - LiteSpeed Powered Servers CPanel/WHM

anyways they have cool menu on their site and looks they have good management system over there.Not sure about service since never used them before.
    Fresh Apple : Unofficial Apple Weblog @ freshapple.in