Windows to Linux?

I am having problems transferring a current site from a windows server to a linux server. I used FTP, downloaded the folders and uploaded on the other server. I don't see an index page either. Before I call the "former" company over this site, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Please let us know the control panels on respective servers, as the architecture does matter and you need to work around that way.

The new server is C-Panel and I'm not being told the old server. The folders looked very similiar but there wasn't much in the public-html folder and a lot in the www-folder. This was something I was not familiar with. Thanks again for any assistance.

Well, all the files which were under you webfolder on your old Windows server need to be placed under "www" OR "public_html" folder on your new linux server, to get them visible on the web.

Its been done but there was not an index page. I don't want to take up anymore of your time since I can offer so little information. I just thought I would ask here before struggling with the former provider. They aren't too happy about losing the customer. Thanks