hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Help::how Do I Set Up An Internet Radio

Forum Jump

Help::how Do I Set Up An Internet Radio

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Talking

Help::how Do I Set Up An Internet Radio

HI ALL... AM NEW TO THE WORLD OF INTERNET RADIO, I AM A DJ ON FM BAND.
OK MY TASK IS TO SET UP AN INTERNET RADIO STATION FOR UP AND COMING DJS WHO CANT GET ON CONVENTIONAL RADIO,
I AM IN SEARCH FOR INFO ON HOW TO GET THIS UP AND RUNNING, AS FOR THE SERVER SIDE OF THINGS I AM ACTUALLY LOST,.
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND SO FAR. HERE IS SOMETHING I WILL LIKE TO GET UP AND RUNNING.

*I WILL BE STREAMING LIVE FOR A FEW HOURS DAILY, HOPFULLY WITH A WEBCAN TO SHOW THE DJ IN ACTION
*AS MUCH LISTENERS, MAY BE 500 OR MORE.
*A GOOD SIZE HARDDISK ON THE SERVER TO STORE ARCHIVED SHOWS.
*A CHATROOM, SO THE DJ CAN MONITOR..
*SOME SORT OF MESSEGING POPUP CLIENT FOR PRIVATE MESSAGING TO THE DJ FOR SHOUT OUT.
*LIVE CALLS
*STREAMING AUDIO AT AROUND 20 KBPS TO 32KBPS, NOT TO SURE ABOUT THE RESSOLUTION OF THE WEBCAM.( not that important just yet)
* I WILL LIKE TO STREAM FROM 2 LOCATION AT DIFFRENT TIMES AS I WILL BE LIVING ON CAMPUS AND COMING HOME DURING HOLIDAYS.
* ASP.NET, MYSQL, TO SETUP A FORUM AND COLLECT DATA, AND LATTER ON SELL MERCHANDISE..

ok thats all right now.. i will realy need info on what types servers to go for.

THANK U 4 TAKIN TIME TO READ.
I WOULD REALY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP AND INFO I CAN GET TO CARRY ON WITH THIS PROJECT..

Last edited by DRUW5000; 09-05-2004 at 03:16 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Retired Moderator

Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Old
WHT Addict

I'm very interested in this subject as well. Do you have any info on the legal aspects of broadcasting?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I think it's legal to Shoutcast any song, as long as you don't sell access to the server.

But, I'm not a lawyer, so I wouldn't know.

And, you're gonna need a very nice server with some killer bandwidth amounts if you expect to hold 500+ listeners at a decent bitrate.

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

OK you if want to use shoutcast as your streaming solution with video you need to use NSV. Here's a howto start guide http://www.scvi.net/check.htm

Old
Retired Moderator

For legality, read here: http://forums.winamp.com/search.php?...by=&sortorder=

It has been extensively covered.

Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Old

ARE THESE COPYRIGHT LAWS FOR STREAMING EFFECTIVE IN UNITEDKIGDOM.

Old
WHT Addict

We have a few customers who is doing streaming with shoutcase and windows at the moment. Both of them are quite simple to setup. But if you are planning to stream pictures, then I would recommend windows as it is very easy to setup. But streaming pictures does use a lot of bandwidth...

If you need any advices give me a shout.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by DRUW5000
ARE THESE COPYRIGHT LAWS FOR STREAMING EFFECTIVE IN UNITEDKIGDOM.
OT - Can you take your caps lock off when posting, it is deemed to be shouting and is extremely rude.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google and Facebook Race to Provide Worldwide Internet with Drones and Balloons Web Hosting News 2014-09-25 11:28:30
Satellites, Balloons and Solar-Powered Drones to Cover the World in Internet Access Web Hosting News 2014-06-02 13:21:50
Russian Web Host Held Liable for Customer's Pirated Content Web Hosting News 2014-05-12 12:41:23
How Cloud Computing will Revolutionize the Mobile Internet Web Hosting News 2014-05-07 10:25:54
12 Reasons to Join the Internet Infrastructure Coalition (i2Coalition): What you get and Why it matters. Webinars 2014-06-10 11:06:27