hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : My experience with datastreamusa.com

Forum Jump

My experience with datastreamusa.com

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 PM

Smile

My experience with datastreamusa.com

datastreamusa.com is a very big business and as such, i was going into it as so. Meaning that i was prepared to wait for a long time for answers and emails... but to my surprise, thay offer a live support for sales and tech.

I set up my new domain with them; wildman.inc which came with it the New.net registered names... Not only was this my first time dealing with New.net names, but also was the first for the hosting company.

3 days later and no wildman.inc web site loading... I contacted my register first (registerfly.com) and talked with them on this issue. They confirmed that it was not a fault on there end and that I should contact my host company to resolve the DNS issue..

A few minutes later I get on the LIVE help at datastreamusa and talk with Dan. Dan helps me a good 30 minutes on this problem and then hands it over to his sys admin.

Greg (the admin) stayed in touch with me on MSN Messenger for over 2 hours helping me out with the DNS problem. Even to the point where he used the Remote Assistance to control my PC and make changes himself. But after those 2 hours, the problem could not be resolved and he contacted Comcast (my high-speed provider) and talk with them on the issue while I waited on MSN. He could connect to my site just fine as could his friend in Hawaii. After a few minutes of talking with them he came back and told me that the problem was caused by Comcast not updating there DNS records and that it takes them up to 7 days to do so (crazy, yes i know). So i will write up something tomorrow afternoon on this matter and see if this resolves my domain issue.

Datastreamusa has been wonderful throughout this very long process and i do recommend them to anyone who is searching for a good windows 2003 host server.

Thank you for your time,
David

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

What site do you have hosted with them? We can tell you if it works or not

Old 08-30-2004, 07:58 PM

the problem here was that his ISP was not updating the dns not about the webhosting so it should work with No COmcast ISP users

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM

I said it in my post.... wildman.inc

David

Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Web Hosting Master

I guess what I really wanted to say was, you could have asked here to see if the domain was propagating on other ISPs.

Didn't even notice the domain, sorry about that. The .inc threw me off

Old 08-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Well go for it, see if it works for u all.. post your results.

Thanks in advance,
David

Heres for all who are lazy who want to test it:
www.wildman.inc

Last edited by Stealthrt; 08-30-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Web Hosting Master

David,

Did you install the plug-in that New.net requires in order to see their domains if your ISP isn't one of their partners?
My ISP isn't (SBC) on the list and I can not get to your site.

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Old 08-30-2004, 08:19 PM

Yes trau, i did.. still nothing.

Thanks..

Everyone, please test!

David

Old 08-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

No i am not able to view your site at all from Australia. Nor ping or traceroute.

Old 08-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

David,

I added a new zone to my dns server at home for ns0.newdotnet.net and that server can get to your page. A blank page that says wildman.inc. So it seems to be there. I can't test using the plug in as I have never used plug-ins for "funky domains" nor will I ever install it if I can avoid it.

Good luck with your site!

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Talking

Thank u all for your help!

David

Old 08-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Retired Moderator

Sounds like you got some wonderful support there Stealthrt, which is great. I thank you for the detailed review. Still, I wouldn't use a host advertising unlimited bandwidth/space, nor would many of the people on this board, because unlimited bandwidth/hard disks do not exist. Thank you and good luck!

Old 08-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Web Hosting Master

I was a past-customer of Datastream-usa aka Hostvox, infact twice, you can read my past posts in WHT.

Looks like you had a good start, hope it continues. Why don't you come back with a review in 6months and when you have used substantial webspace.

And your website is inaccessible from where I live, Singapore. :-)

Old 08-31-2004, 12:11 AM
WHT Addict

Can't reach wildman.inc either, from our Boston office.

Old 08-31-2004, 01:33 AM

Thanks again everyone... i guess thats what i get for getting a new.net name for the first time.

Yes, i too do not like the word "unlimited" but they gave me to start 1.5 gigs of space and told me "if you DO need more than that, contact use and we will be happy to give it to u"

So i guess you can and cant call that unlimited... its just how u go about looking at it.

Hellind2: Im sorry to hear of your bad expereance of Datastreamusa. And yes, it is Hostvox. I do plan on coming back here at least 2 more times.... 1 when i get my domain up and running and solve this crazy .inc problem and second, to follow up after a few months of use.

If you all would keep testing till tomorrow some time and give me feedback, that would be great as it would give me a good list to send to my register to show them i am having some problems.

Thanks again to those who helped out,
David

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted