Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worldpay/worlddirect/reporting To Trading Standards Cambridge

We read in these forums that Worldpay was/is asking newly signed up Vendors for a £1000 fee after the initial payments have been made.We ourselves paid them £423 GB pounds on the 24th August.Last evening we received an e mail from Worldpay demanding another £1000 before our account could be activated, and also that they would probably be requiring more money after that payment was received.We are in the UK,selling online from our established website,we have a 100% clean record of "NO" chargebacks.We have used Visa processing for 4 years using 3PP. We are refuges from paysystems.
    We have now reported WORLDPAY to the Cambridge Trading Standards (for overseas this is the Govt office that will deal with Worldpay) as this practice is disgusting.We are also going to inform the GB Newspapers of their practices.We feel that we have been badly and unfairly treated, and view with great suspicion this demand of £1000 as sheer extortion.
    All Merchants who have had similar experiences can contact the Cambridge Trading Standards in the UK.The telephone number is 01223 717111.The e mail address is>> info@cambridgeshire.gov.net
    For those vendors overseas you can still report Worldpay to the Governmental Trading Standards officers in the UK,if you feel like us that Worldpay are ripping you off.The more complaints that go in the better for us all to expose Worldpay for what they are.

Well done. For WorldPay to hide the "security deposit", after all other fees have been paid during the application, is disgraceful behaviour, and they should be made account for this!

I have no issue with them requesting several mths of revenue from a host, but they seem to only request this after all the other account setup fees have been paid.

is your business webhosting?

CONTACT THE BRITISH GOVT

Thanks for the support.We are so enraged about this that we going the extra mile,not only for ourselves but also for all the others who are being ripped off.We feel that as we are in the UK it will be easier for us to give out various contact numbers to our Govt.and in so doing help all other merchants Worldwide who are having this same treatment from Worldpay.It is extortion and to think that this company is a part of the Royal Bank of Scotland,they need to be exposed and fast.We know that the GB Government will look very closely at this as they are such a big company.

No, we are a solid Antiques Company selling tangible goods,we have an enviable excellent record of clean dealings, and most of our customers are repeat buyers..

Being in the UKK you do have a lot more options (cheaper too) other than WorldPay. I never dealt with them before, but did they do this before Paysystems?

SHARP PRACTICES BY WORLDPAY

Corry,We are not sure about this and we need to know, as if this is something sinister Worldpay have hatched since Paysystems went down, then this is sheer greed and exploitation, and remember that they are a part of the famous Royal bank of Scotland!!!
    We have already this morning been sent several e mails from Worldpay saying that our money has been refunded in full.
    However we will press on with this as we feel that when large organisations do great injustices to vulnerable people, ie Paysystems refugees, they justifiably deserve everything they get from GB Govt officers and of course the British Press being fully informed.
    We believe in a democratic system investigating anything that seems underhand or misrepresented.In other words turning the screws onto small businesses.This is Great Britain after all, with a history of absolute fairness in all things -- let the story be told!
    We ask that as many people as possible let us know of their dealings with Worldpay.

Is this a new tactic by Worldpay? We have quite a lot of clients that have signed up with them this year so they could utilise some web software we provide and none of them were asked to pay a "security deposit" of this nature as far as i am aware.
    Regards, Sam. www.protecweb.co.uk
    Windows Shared and Reseller Hosting with ASP.Net, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL5 and more.
    Providing quality web hosting and support since 2001.

WorldPay has always seem to be prety good - I would not think they would stopp to something like that - especially when readin how they were providing "specials". Maybe those "specials" was a way of getting ready to charge? I ahve seen it happen before.

WORLDPAY STOOPED SO LOW

Worldpay have definitely stooped so low ,unbelievable!!--but greed has taken over any good business sense they had, and don't forget the old adage >POWER!!SHEER POWER<< They are raking in the harvest of money from the Paysystems refugees, but this time they have over harvested and we intend that they be exposed.Come on people tell your story,let us get this ball rolling!

Corey,

Silly question but who's cheaper than worldpay for 3pp in England! The big 4 banks will usually only give accounts to companies who put up a security bond.

G

Yes Corey, sorry to take this OT but I would be very grateful if you could PM me regarding alternative UK solutions. Thanks very much!

ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND

We have also contacted the Royal Bank of Scotland to complain.It will be interesting to know what they say considering Worldpay is their company!

Well I do not know what WorldPay charges actually and from what I have been reading about what has been happening, it seems to leave a sour taste ina lot of people's mouths

We're past the stage in our app where they may ask for a deposit (so thay say) and none has been asked for. Don't know what their criteria for asking for a deposit is, but we seem to have 'got lucky'.
    Hostfolks Internet est. 2001
    VPS Solutions in 5 US and EU locations

WE PAID WORLDPAY £423 GB POUNDS

Corey, they charge us 3 lots of payments, and they have sent 3 lots of refunds today.To be reported to The Trading Standards in GB is much like the BBB in the USA.We feel that we have a good case here and hopefully this will expose this rip off.
    We have nothing to hide and the payments we made were as follows >

Anyway this was what we paid, and these are thier invoice descriptions of the costs..
    1.Worldaccess fee > £117.50 GB pounds sterling.including VAT.
    2.Worlddirect application fee >£117.50p GB pounds Sterling
    3 Initial annual fee including VAT > £160 GB pounds Sterling
    Total we paid £423 although the above adds up to £395 GBP.So there is an additional charge of £28 GB Pounds they managed to pile on to the rest.

The next fees they asked for were after we had paid the above and after the amount had LEFT our Bank!
    1 FIXED reserve £1000GBP
    If the amount processed in one moneth exceeds £1000GBP then we will have to pay the rest top cover the extra turnover.

***As I stated earlier our credit scoring is perfect - that is for our Business account and our private accounts.We have never gone into the Red on any accounts.We can get loans from any bank if necessary as our Credit standing in GB is 100% Excellent.*****

This is the next bit of their charges>

QUOTE::Unfortunately the credit scoring for your company does not enable us to provide you with a deferred settlement period of 4 weeks,unless we receive further security from you,
    We are holding your reserve for 6 months,bla,bla,bla and if necessary we will retain the reserve for a further period bla,bla bla!!

So that would be £423 + £1000 just to get started,so you are talking about £1,500GB pounds..
    How about that for Extortion!!

****MESSAGE TO THE ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND >>WE HOPE YOU ARE READING THIS TOO.*** HUNDREDS OF WOULD BE MERCHANTS ARE.

MESAGE TO HOSTFOLK

Don't be too sure you are getting away with not paying anymore as last week someone posted in this forum on exactly the same rip off by Worldpay and they were up to the final stage of configuration and were ready to go live.
    We certainly hope for your sake you do, but I would give it a slim outside chance.

UH Matt posted very recently in the last pages of the large thread on "paysystems Closed/merger" that Worldpay asked him last week for £15000 GB pounds up front.Take a look at the end of that thread there is a lot about WORLDPAY up to their tricks on Paysystems refugees.

have you tried Veripayment

Hi you all ....just been reading all the post...and thought id drop in with my 2 cents worth.

Have you all heard of veripayment. I hooked up with them when paysysyems went down, and they got me up and running in less than 48hrs for less than $300. Their pretty strict on shipping, gotta supply a tracking number to process with them.....but their system so far has been great.

let me know if anyone else has had any experience with them...

Worldpay were fine for me. Do you have a bad personal credit score? If you do, then they'd want the extra security -- and understandable too.

We paid the application fees and have been given a ~$35,000 monthly trading limit before they'd want further security from me/us.

They also processed my application quickly and efficiently and have answered all of my questions.

What's more, I registered with them under a newly incorporated business that has no credit history. I am presuming they credit scored me personally as a result and my personal credit history is good.

I fully sympathise with them wanting additional security if the business or individual has a poor credit score, but I agree that this should be made clear when signing up.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

You should read what is written before posting

Our Credit history is 100% solid, as you would have read if you had read the posts properly.We have been running our business online with a perfect history for over 4 years. You are obviously one of the many that signed up long before the Paysystems scandal broke.You would not be so lucky if you had applied in the last week.
    Next time you accuse people or companies of not having a good name in finance please read what is written before answering.Some of us have ben trading online for quite a few years, we are not jumped up upstarts.

Sounds to me like a misunderstanding? Perhaps the credit agencies made a mistake when Worldpay asked for a report? As you can see from the various replies, Worldpay do not ask for a deposit unless they feel you are high risk. We have never been asked for one and i know lots and lots of our clients have never been either.
    Just maybe there was a clerical error somewhere? It is certainly possible.
    Regards, Sam. www.protecweb.co.uk
    Windows Shared and Reseller Hosting with ASP.Net, MS SQL 2008, PHP, MySQL5 and more.
    Providing quality web hosting and support since 2001.

I did apply in the last 2 weeks and have had zero problems.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

We are probably one of the first merchants to complain loudly about it. We paid about $500 US upfront for WorldDirect + Futurepay + WorldAccess for Setup + annual fees.

2 weeks later they asked us for a 5 digit security deposit before they would proceed, this amount being 2 months of expected trading volume.

I did put in my personal credit on the line (and it's good). But of course we are not in UK and they wouldn't be able to check that. But according to the Singapore office that I correspond with, this is a fairly new policy. How new I am not sure, or whether it was introduce after the Paysystems fiasco. I think not, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's clear that ours is not an isolated incident. We did get our refund too (and we know have got our U.S. merchant account approved)
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Thanks Sprintserve I recall your mail about it.Like you we have an impeccable history of credit for our company and ourselves.Worldpay are trying it on since the PS fiasco broke.If you all read the last but one pages in the Paysystems closed/merged thread you will see what Sprintserve is on about,Worldpay are taking advantage of the PS refugees.
    This is the maddening part.
    Barclays bank approved us for Merchant Services as Barclays is our bank anyway.Their fees were more than Worldpays ,OR SO IT SEEMED, but The difference being that Barclays are not taking your money and then springing surprises,what they set out is what you pay.Worldpay are exploiting us.We are in the UK,so there is no excuse for what they are doing. Do you think we would go so far as to contact Govt agencies if we thought that Worldpay were not acting dishonourably,plus we are doing this not just for ourselves but for all the others who are applying.Hopefully now they will think twice before springing surpises onto Merchants after taking the initial payments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast