Question Looking for Windows NT 4.0 Dedicated

Hi Im looking for a Windows NT 4.0 Dedicated server. I need over 500 GB bandwidth and min 256 ram to start off I might require upgrades later.
    My max budget is $50/mo
    any suggestions?

Re: Looking for Windows NT 4.0 Dedicated

Originally posted by tobalitiko
    Hi Im looking for a Windows NT 4.0 Dedicated server. I need over 500 GB bandwidth and min 256 ram to start off I might require upgrades later.
    My max budget is $50/mo
    any suggestions?
    HOST QUOTE

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Why do you require Windows NT 4.0? Specific legacy application?

I was wondering the same. The (~10-month-old) network at work runs NT 4, but other than that, I haven't *seen* NT in YEARS. Win2K/2003/XP have replaced it in almost everything, and are usually compatible with NT apps.

There are plenty of places that offer dedicated Windows boxes, but I'm not aware of one that has NT 4. (There could easily be dozens; I'm not a Windows guy, so I'm just relating the places I've stumbled across.)

If you have really exacting requirements, you might want to look at colocating a box.

Another problem you may have with NT4 is that it is being sunsetted by Microsoft as of Dec 2004...

That said, there are those offering NT4, but I don't know of any in your price range....
    Matt Wade
    Christian Web Hosting
    http://codewalkers.com/ - Home of the PHP Coding Contest
    http://phphosts.codewalkers.com/ - Directory of PHP Web Hosts. Free Listing.

NT4 uses really small RAM. I guess this is the reason

support is missing though. Still run one here though, good old P500 that wont stop!

do you really need to use nt? can't you use 2000/2003 server?
    Galaxis Communications, Next Level Hosting, Handled Personally
    GalaxisWeb.com

You may need to raise your budget. I have seen some companies offer low spec servers for $35, but they are Linux and only have 128MB of memory. Not sure if any of them could provide NT at only $15 per month.
    Signature SPAM

reason..

The reason why I am looking for NT is because we need to host exchange chat service 5.5 which is not supported on newer NT versions. I think I can pay $65 a month for a windows nt 4.0 box that will allow IRC.

Re: reason..

Originally posted by tobalitiko
    The reason why I am looking for NT is because we need to host exchange chat service 5.5 which is not supported on newer NT versions. I think I can pay $65 a month for a windows nt 4.0 box that will allow IRC.
    Wow, you didn't mention IRC earlier. That drives the price up even more. Good luck finding what you need for $65
    Signature SPAM

Hi,

If i'm honest you'll find it hard to find a dedicated running linux with IRC banned for under $50.

Expect to pay $90+ for something decent.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).