EV1 vs. Dedicatednow

I will be needing a new server next month. It will be for a non profit World cup Soccer fan site. Dedicatednow has much better pricing compare to EV1 but I dont know if their network and customer service can match EV1!!!

How do these hosts compare? any pros or cons?

Thanks in advance.
    Review of top hosting companies. List of Budget hosting.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com

go with EV1 then dont go back
    http://tezforum.com
    Technology Education Zone Forum
    OS, CP, Security, Scripts....

For a 'budget' provider, EV1 really can't be beat.
    www.tsohost.co.uk

Quality low cost UK based web hosting. Established 2003. Thousands of satisfied customers!

EV1 = great price + great support. For a budget my vote is for EV1

I would go with EV1.

Need I say again?
    SillexWeb.com
    Goes live 10.15.2004

I choose DN over EV1...If EV1 offers colocation, I will choose EV1 over DN
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Go with EV1 .. better network, better support and just in general - a better company.
    * GeekStorage.com - Offering awesome website hosting for over 13 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

I think DN has a much better network in terms of providers (With the Voxel Peering (a.k.a NAC) and UUNet, with NLayer and AboveNet coming soon), reliability hasn't really been tested though. One complaint I do have about DN is that I called them at 10:30 Saturday Morning twice and both times I was put on hold and then transferred to voicemail. The ticket itself was responded to quickly though once it was filed.

If you want something that's proven, go with Ev1, if you're willing to take the risk though, go with DN.

Mind sharing why DN considered as 'risk'? They are no new players in the industry.

Ev1 seems to be alot more "stable" as a company compared to DNOW. Not to mention ev1 is more of a company you can rely on to be around in the next few years. DNow has had a large share of problems.

Well, there is some risk at DedicatedNow. After a really superb moving job last month (10-40 hours of downtime for EVERY server) and then some major hiccups here recently with IP migrations - you have to start questioning their level of service. Especially with the extremely short notice of some of these major downtimes.

Also, they just moved into their own facility - this facility has not been operational long enough to see how stable it is, etc. So, there is some 'risk' involved.
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers

Well, thus far no downtime on network yet... 100% uptime

Probably because we were not badly affected from the move, down for roughly 10 hours (one of the few that got server online this soon) and was on DNOW IP block, so not affected by IP migration.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Mind sharing why DN considered as 'risk'? They are no new players in the industry.
    It's a brand new, untested facility that has yet to prove itself. You just don't know how a company that made such a huge move like that will turn out.

Originally posted by mesopia(Jay)
    Well, there is some risk at DedicatedNow. After a really superb moving job last month (10-40 hours of downtime for EVERY server) and then some major hiccups here recently with IP migrations - you have to start questioning their level of service. Especially with the extremely short notice of some of these major downtimes.

Also, they just moved into their own facility - this facility has not been operational long enough to see how stable it is, etc. So, there is some 'risk' involved.

I think that was a most difficult times in the their hosting industry. This happen first time right I don't think they will be going to move again

we have use DN more then one year ,support is great.
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Well Where can I find a P4 W/cpanel box for around $100!
    EV1 is is asking $189 with cpanel!

DN is about $139 EV1 is $189

My budget is about $100

Originally posted by kickster
    Well Where can I find a P4 W/cpanel box for around $100!
    EV1 is is asking $189 with cpanel!

DN is about $139 EV1 is $189

My budget is about $100
    Well managed.com
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

is managed.com any good? Do they have a reliable and fast network connection?

LOL

mate, www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php just type managed.com and you'll find plenty of threads about em
    Sonnex Hosting
    Where the users are happy
    msn: josue [at] sonnexh.com

Originally posted by forumtalk
    I think that was a most difficult times in the their hosting industry. This happen first time right I don't think they will be going to move again

we have use DN more then one year ,support is great.
    I have used them for over a year and admit their support is top notch. However, what worries me is the practices they displayed for the last couple of months surrounding NAC, the move, the ip migrations. They botched that move up so horribly bad, which could have been avoided in the manner they did it. They lied and manipulated facts to clients before, during and after the move.

Then again this month, tons of their clients had to perform IP migrations, which they actually did do a good job communicating this in advance, however, still caused some hiccups for anyone who had servers affected by it.

They just moved into their own datacenter which has not been operational long enough to truely get a picture of their performance and stability, which presents the risk factor I was talking about in my previous post. I dont think they (network and finances) are solid enough right now to not be considered a 'risk'.

Ev1 on the other hand is a proven provider with great support, networks, hardware, financial backing, etc. Having servers at DedicatedNow, ThePlanet and Ev1 allows me the opportunity to experience the support and networks at the three. Out of all of them, I would say go with Ev1 for your servers.

If the pocket book is weighing your decision I would say look at Ev1's bargain basement.

Well, then lets see how they are doing now... they aren't as HOT as they used to be when I got a server with them, DNOW was once like the popular SM...