hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Other Web Hosting Related Offers : Looking for investors

Forum Jump

Looking for investors

Reply Post New Thread In Other Web Hosting Related Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:05 PM
lolli lolli

Looking for investors

Hello,
We are looking for one or two investors to invest into our company, the money invested will go towards server upgrades and advertising costs, I am looking for atleast $3000 USD to be invested, for more details please email me at shayb [at] xeocomm.com.

Regards,
Shay Bekman

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2004, 10:58 PM
lolli lolli

I guess WHT isn't a place to find investors . Oh well, I got a few who are interested, moderators can lock this, if you are interested however, you can email me at shayb [at] xeocomm.com. Thanks.

Regards,
Shay Bekman

Old 08-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Disabled

You are asking for Abit too much! Not enough info given first hand. Like your company info etc!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

Can we see a business plan?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Disabled

sorry but it doesn't help if is http://www.xeocomm.com not working!!!

Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM
lolli lolli

Sure, it's working, we are doing upgrades through out the day today. And As i said in my first post, if you want more info contact me at shayb [at] xeocomm.com. Thanks.

Regards,
Shay Bekman

Old 08-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by portal
Sure, it's working, we are doing upgrades through out the day today. And As i said in my first post, if you want more info contact me at shayb [at] xeocomm.com. Thanks.

Regards,
Shay Bekman
Well it's been four hours since your last post and your site is not up.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:01 PM
COLOCATE LIKE A BOSS

site is still down

Total Server Solutions - Servers - US Based Support - Server Management

Old 08-19-2004, 12:24 AM
lolli lolli

Yes, I know it is.. The site is down due to upgrades. We are working on it.. shouldn't be much longer.

Regards,
Shay Bekman

Old 08-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Web Hosting Master

If you want to get some investors you will need to publish:

1. Basic description of business model
2. What you ask
3. What you have to offer in exchange for the money
4. For how long you've been in business
5. Where are you located
6. Rights that the investors will be granted
7. Which company are you looking for investors for? Pyroshells or Xeocomm? or maybe a new one?

If you post the entire info you'll have a lot more chances of finding some investors, remember it's you who is looking for investors, and not the other way (people looking for someone willing to receive some extra cash).

Old 08-19-2004, 03:18 AM

You do have to be watch (legal) though asking for money (ie selling stock) in a public forum like this.

Alan

Old 08-19-2004, 05:05 AM
lolli lolli

Amoore, what do you mean? as for the rest, I will not provide any business plans/ANY confedential information on a public forum, it's just not the place to provide that kind of confedential information, as i said several times before, if you are interested in investing then please contact me via PM/Email at shayb [at] xeocomm.com.

(Our website should be back up by sunrise)

Regards,
Shay Bekman

Old 08-19-2004, 02:21 PM

It's a fine line but private companies are only able to ask for investment dollars from "accrediated investors" so in others words you would not be able to ask me to buy stock either here or in person. (or offer to sell stock which saying I want someone to invest 3000 could be seen as a offer...I don't care either way I'm just pointing this out) You are also not able to publicly solicit investors. Now the key point is what determines if you are asking someone to buy stock. I used to work for a couple of companies that ran into some of these isses but I'm not a lawyer you should look at the SEC's website for more information.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by portal
Amoore, what do you mean? as for the rest, I will not provide any business plans/ANY confedential information on a public forum, it's just not the place to provide that kind of confedential information, as i said several times before, if you are interested in investing then please contact me via PM/Email at shayb [at] xeocomm.com.

(Our website should be back up by sunrise)

Regards,
Shay Bekman
I guess that what I asked can't be considered as confidential information, for god's sake, it's a website, not a high-tec new technology under development.

However if you feel that providing AT LEAST the business name/type is something you can't do on a public forum, then you should also feel that asking for investors in a public forum is wrong.

Just FYI, I could have invested in your company, as I'm always lookning for profitable and healthy oportunities, currently I have money invested in over 20 websites (not owned by my company) and I know what I love to see in an investment request. I was just asking you to add some credibility to your request, as your post would be the same like publishing an add with the following text "Business oportunity, get in with just 3,000.00" but without providing any further details.

Maybe you think that investors are desperate to give you their hard-earned money and therefore have to go through all your procedures in order to get a small amount of information, but to me it's you who needs the money so you should be the friendly one.

If you were going to provide some IMPORTANT information, then a NDA would become handy, but to sign a NDA to get the business name/type doesn't make any sense to me.

Good luck with your quest.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:30 PM

I agree with SEATi...

Expecting people to invest their earned cash.. escpecially for a small amount of 3000.00 and not disclose simple details which are going to be seen publicly anyways ( once the site is up if ever)...

Probably needs money for outstanding payable commitments that need to be met.

Remember "you" need the cash... you better have as much or more of what you're asking for and not a promise to pay it back.

If there isn't a trademark or a copyright then you can publicy tell people your intentions.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
HyTrust Raises $18.5 Million in Financing from Intel Capital, Fortinet Web Hosting News 2013-08-26 10:22:42
Enterprise OpenStack Company Piston Cloud Receives $8M Series B Funding Round Web Hosting News 2013-02-04 16:20:07
Go Daddy Blocks Whois Info on Expiring Domains, Protects Domain Auction Business Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 11:20:35
Cincinnati Bell to Sell $500 Million of CyrusOne Stock to Investors Web Hosting News 2012-10-31 14:31:06
Secure Cloud Host FireHost Gets $10 Million in Series C Funding Web Hosting News 2012-09-19 09:37:56