Can you help me out on this one? Here is the scenario:
I have one domain (actually my very first domain), that
I registered with register.com ($35/year) way back June 2000 which I renewed June 2001 and will expire June 2002. The domain name is che-comp.org. We were hosted at virtualave.net and been paying $10/month until we found out about valuablehost.com which offers a cheaper and more reliable hosting.
The person in-charge for paying the hosting agreed to
transfer the hosting to valuablehost.com. Payment has
been done and everything seems perfect. Now, all
I have to do is change the DNS info and everything will
work out just fine.
Register.com allows change of DNS info in the control panel but it has to be confirmed. Their system sends an automailer to the admin account (which is also my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
-- no spam please). Well, after doing the changes, I waited for long for this email to arrive at my mailbox but it didn't.
So I opted for a second alternative. On December 13, 2001, I attempted to transfer the domain from register.com to Stargateinc.com. The automailer of stargateinc.com tells me to confirm. Take note it is still the same email address that I mentioned above. I even tested sending emails to that address to verify that it is working perfectly. Anyway, time passed and after 5 business days, the transfer was rejected because register.com have not acted on it. I attempted again last December 25, 2001 and today got another rejection
message. Oh boy.
What will I do? I cannot successfully change the info from the control panel of register.com.
Another alternative, I contacted them using their contact form. But, I haven't received any word from them!
Do you have some other means for me to get out of register.com?
The domain che-comp.org is for a professional organization of chemical engineers worldwide and it got stuck in there.
Will someone who has contact with register.com bring this case to them? Today I sent my 3rd or maybe 4th email using their contact form.
If this case is not resolved, my only alternative will be to register a new domain and let that old domain stay there for good. But, this is the last alternative. The domain has already been fully circulated across the chemical engineering community and has already been listed in several directories and indexed by major search engines. If you want to check it, feel free.
And do I have a valid reason for a refund or if not a chargeback?
(Just a side note, I also found out that you cannot simply change registrant info in register.com. You will need to pay $35 for that while other registrar offer this for free.).
Thanks for taking the time reading this and I hope you can help me.
*Smile icon reserved for the moment.