To provide 100% uptime, a hosting company requires:
- Reliable Primary / Secondary DNS (A real ns1/ns2.yourcompany.com)
- Live Backup servers
- Hourly Security+vulnerability scans/filesystem hacking checks/firewall
If one of your webhosting servers go down ... all your websites stay up.
With our combined service of Reliable DNS + Live Backup servers, your corporate website will always be up, as well as all your clients, and resellers, and resellers clients.
Waste of $$$ with downtime... ?
When a web-hosting server goes down, some customers complain. In fact, many companies support emails involve downtime and technical problems.
Many companies lose customers due to downtime.
Overview of our DNS service:
Free Primary/Backup DNS available - see bottom
- Compatible w/CPanel/Ensim/Plesk and ALL Linux/Windows web-hosting platforms
- Limited to 100,000 websites per each dedicated hosting server
- Instant DNS changes
- Low TTL for global Propagation (example: 60 or 300 sec TTL)
- Your own ns1.yourcompany.com / ns2/ns3/ns4.yourcompany.com
- Unlimited ns1/ns2..reseller.com for all your resellers
- No DNS server headaches/named not restarting problems
What exactly are we offering?
We will run your DNS for you on our own servers.
No configuration needed - 100% automatic setup.
You keep using your own ns1/ns2.yourcompany.com as usual.
Our Dedicated DNS servers can automatically load all your CPanel DNS information without any intervention.
A Dedicated DNS server is a server (or cluster of servers) whose ONLY function and objective is to maintain the DNS service up and running.
DNS is the most important part of any Internet site - without DNS, the web would not run.
Additionaly, Email and all Internet services rely on DNS to be available all the time.
A Dedicated DNS server is therefore needed to ensure that DNS is available and working properly 100% of the time.
To obtain this objective, the Dedicated DNS server runs only the DNS service and no other services such as websites (WWW) or Email (SMTP/POP3/IMAP/etc) or FTP.
This ensures that no other service can interfere with the DNS and that all resources are dedicated to the DNS service.
But I have my own Dedicated CPanel server with my own named/bind already running
Wonderful. Now you need to ensure server uptime. You may want to run DNS on a seperate server then your CPanel/Ensim/Plesk www websites.
Get seperate Dedicated DNS servers, and set the ns1/ns2 for all your websites to the seperate Dedicated DNS servers.
Why do I need seperate DNS servers? My server is running WWW and DNS just fine!
If you have WWW + DNS and your WWW server goes down, not only all your WWW is down, but also all your DNS is down.
Also, if you run WWW/Email/SQL + DNS on the same server and the server is overloaded, your DNS server may be slowed down as a result and can become a bottleneck in every domain in tries to resolve.
Running DNS on the same server as WWW/Email or other services is bad - because if that server goes down, the DNS is also down.
Any other websites that rely on this DNS server will also be down - double trouble.
What's more, to change your DNS to a new IP would take 24 hours or more at your domain registrar (netsol.com/godaddy.com/register.com/opensrs/etc).
Having seperate DNS servers will keep your DNS up even if your WWW server is down. Changing IPs would be immediate, (also depending on TTL and a few other other configurable settings) and no waiting for 24 hours.
"But CPanel/Ensim/Plesk manages all DNS changes!"
The most frequent problem webhosts have with DNS is:
"True, I need Dedicated DNS, but how will I manage it?"
"My hosting server does ALL DNS changes automatically for me! It creates all DNS zones, makes sure to (try at least to) restart named on every change, and even updates the DNS zones when I make changes and those changes are available to me in a few hours!
Here's where we come in.
We are running a global Primary DNS service that works with all hosting platforms.
You can start using our Dedicated DNS within 5 minutes - no extra configuration required on your part.
The main advantages of our DNS service is:
- Compatible with all platforms - Linux/Windows/CPanel/H-Sphere/Ensim/Plesk/etc
- Instant plug-and-play - no changes needed on your CPanel servers.
- No work on your part - if your server already has 1000's of domains on it, our DNS servers will automatically load them.
- Changes are instant - Configurable TTL
- Global change - change 1000's of websites IPs in 1 second
- Search and edit - Find and edit any domain on any of your servers instantly.
- DNS Setup - Setup as Primary or Backup DNS service
- 100% uptime - redundant DNS servers
1 Dedicated server: FREE
2+ Dedicated servers: $25/mo each server, up to 10,000 domains
- Your own ns1/ns2.yoursite.com
- Unlimited ns1/ns2.reseller.com for your resellers
1 Website: FREE (Use your own ns1/ns2.yourwebsite.com)
2-49 websites: $2 each
50+ websites: $1.75 each
- Your own ns1/ns2.yoursite.com
- If one dedicated server goes down, our DNS service can automatically redirect all websites and email to a standby backup server.
Contact for details.
Failover Case Study
A webhost using our service is running:
7 CPanel servers
1 Windows2k server
2 backup CPanel servers
If any of the 7 CPanel servers go down, one of the backup servers is automatically put online. Instantly, all 1000's of websites and email are already working on the backup server.
All websites are set to their own:
over 200 ns1.reseller.com / ns2.reseller.com
- Instant IP address changes when new server or server moves.
- No DNS IP changing headaches
- No DNS server restart problems
- No waiting hours for changes - Customizable TTL from 1 second and up.
- Centralized management of all DNS zones on all servers.
- Multi-platform (windows/linux)
How to Signup for your own ns1/ns2 Dedicated DNS
We are currently accepting a limited amount of customers.
If you would like to test our service, post below with the following 5 answers:
- How many websites do you run?
- How many dedicated servers (CPanel/Other)?
- DNS problems I ever had: (invalid zones, server not reloading, refresh time too long, etc)?
- Why do you need Reliable Dedicated DNS service?
- Is 100% uptime important to your business?